Your fleet, credits, ranks etc!

Home Board Index » X3: Albion Prelude » Your fleet, credits, ranks etc!

XeNoN

XeNoN avatar
Level badge Instruguey (13)
Posted 11 years ago.

Ok since obviously im lazy to search for this typo threads that are maybe posted before i would like to open new 1.
So my question is what is your fleet (ships), How much credits you got and your Combat/Trade ranks! Ty.

In the moment when I truly understand my enemy, understand him well enough to defeat him, then in that very moment I also love him.

-Andrew Ender Wiggin
Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 11 years ago.

well, I get to around Overlord/Conqueror'ish. Both the combat/trade ranks require a lot of grinding - which does get a bit boring after awhile. I dont think ive reached an x-rank ever.

as for ships, well usually I get 5+ capitals, a TL, a few M7/6's etc. I think once you get a few capitals, its gets hard to use them together, as the AI tends to not pilot them very well. I usually jump in with one, then get the others to follow me however the AI spends so long turning around and around, that often my ship is way in-front (so it gets attacked first). The x-games dont tend to mix well with human and AI capitals.

XeNoN

XeNoN avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

Couldnt agree more haha.

In the moment when I truly understand my enemy, understand him well enough to defeat him, then in that very moment I also love him.

-Andrew Ender Wiggin
Raptor

Raptor avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

I agree, but I usually set up fleets and/or wings and issue them orders to do work for me, and in fact I have many ships that I don't pilot them at all, I rather assign them to fleets/wings (in case of freighters, I assign them, you know, to home-bases to bring in resources to the base (factory/complex)).

And not necessarily be in the same sector as they are, my ships are usually spread throughout multiple sectors.

However, I agree that piloting the ships is much effective than the AI, and for combats, there is a difference between (in sector) IS and (out of sector) OOS combats Smile

It does not matter what we were in the past but what we are now, what we do and what we are going to be, our destiny.
Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

However, I agree that piloting the ships is much effective than the AI, and for combat

Allowing players to strafe also makes me feel we have another advantage over the AI too. Its not like the AI is super-cleaver to counter such moves - wouldnt it be a lot harder if AI ships strafed our bullets?

Raptor

Raptor avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

Allowing players to strafe also makes me feel we have another advantage over the AI too. Its not like the AI is super-cleaver to counter such moves - wouldnt it be a lot harder if AI ships strafed our bullets?
- Roguey

Nice comment, and talking about harder AI enemy ships, for me i missed the challenge in X3-Reunion where there were, many Kha'ak destroyers in each Kha'ak sector, and many Xenon destroyers/Carriers in many Xenon sectors, that was challenging and we like the challenge, aren't we? Alien Dance 2

However, war sectors are still hot, but how to take part in the war and finally for the first time (X3-AP) we can now buy ATF ships and most of the terran factories? unless we play as terran commanders? Cool

It does not matter what we were in the past but what we are now, what we do and what we are going to be, our destiny.
Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

You just need a good terran rep to buy their stuff. By default your rep is bad to them, and good to the Argons if you choose the Argon start.

I know what you mean about the challenge; khaak weapons are beams which are much harder to dodge than bullets projectiles.

Raptor

Raptor avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

Could you please, Roguey, reply on the last post (by Raptor) in the thread "The Fleet Guide (How to etc)", since XeNoN didn't reply for a long time now?

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

oh, that big long post scared me :p

Raptor

Raptor avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

Ok never mind it.

XeNoN

XeNoN avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

oh, that big long post scared me
- Roguey

Ok what did i do Big grin? hahaha
Raptor@
Srry mate was busy Big grin.

-Andrew Ender Wiggin
Ripskar

Ripskar avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 11 years ago.

I'm currently in command of 180 ships, 233 factories, ranking as Vindicator, Magnate.
I'm turning the Outer Solar System (From Jupiter to the Oort Cloud) into a vast weapons manufacturing region, virtually no rock over a certain yield remains unmined...
I have CLS Springies crossing the Warzone OOS and am currently training Mk3 Springies to unleash on the galaxy.
On the fringes of Argon space I've built Weed 'Plexes to overrun the Argon authorities with smugglers.
My next plan is to acquire Argon food factories; Wheat farms, Cattle ranches, Whiskey Distilleries, Rimes Facts and Cahoona Bakeries. To this end I will use a wing of Claymores to knock out the Native Argon factories and hold my M7M ready to seize any Mammoth I find with the relevant factories.

Somewhere out there is a Cobra Mk III with my name on it.
It isn't mine, some rando actually wrote my name across the side of his ship...
Raptor

Raptor avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

I'm currently at early stage of the 'Terran Commander' but here is my pilot stats anyway:

Account: ~15 Million Cr
Trade Rank: Financier
Combat Rank: Warrior

And my fleet is just:
1 Vidar
1 Kha'ak Corvette
1 Mobile Mining-Base Ship (Terran TL)
few fighters and some freighters

I know you are now laughing, but I just played 1 day 12 hrs. Don't laugh LOL

XeNoN

XeNoN avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

Why would i laugh xD, ok im laughing...with that much time in my gameplay tactics i would already have M7 xD...wanna know trick? Just farm if you started as Bankrupt Assassin in Hatikvah's Faith, and capture those Blastclaws or smth, you can make enough money for Tiger (vanilla).But nevertheless its ok Smile, Vidar is good M6.

-Andrew Ender Wiggin
BarrenEarth

BarrenEarth avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 11 years ago.

I had reached Magnate once with no notoriety and no combat record having never fired a shot.

I simply flew my discoverer over to Siezewell and started trading, a couple days later I had so much money I knew the game wouldn't be fun anymore... I just wanted to see if I could do it.

You need to log-in to post here.