Boarding as a terran player

Home Board Index » X3: Albion Prelude » Boarding as a terran player

mojozor

mojozor avatar
Level badge Tropguey (5)
Posted 11 years ago.

I would like to play as a terran and also RolePlay about it, as in i will be as loyal as i can to the terrans and not capture any of their ships and also being at war with the commonwealth races( bad rep with all of them). Destroying every xenon in the universe and wiping out the war sectors and even more.

But i noticed that the terrans/ATF dont have a missle frigate that can fire boarding pods ... what gives ??
I hope they dont expect me to capture a capital ship by launching marines in spacesuits.

Am i missing something or i really cant have a boarding pod launcher ship without upping my rep with the x3 universe races ?

Raptor

Raptor avatar
Level badge Instruguey (13)
Posted 11 years ago.

Hello mojozor, Smile
I'm in the same situation and asking the same questions but here's my plan anyway (I hope it helps you),

I started a new game (Terran Commander), played about 12 hrs and I'm now in the middle of the war in my Katana wiping out the Argons and their Allies. Guns

And now I want to buy some marines for boarding commonwealth ships, I think 'Pirate Bases' and 'Rehabilitation Facilities' are where we should buy the marines (or mercenaries whatever) and then train them at either Pirate Bases/Stock-Exchanges or Military Outposts/Equipment Docks, but where to buy boarding pods? From Pirates or from one friendly commonwealth race, say the Teladi (Military Outposts)?

And about the missile frigate, I think we have to board one commonwealth M7M like the Cobra or whatever you want, go to pirate sectors (its easier there) and find one and see what you can do to acquire it. Smile

Hint: You may want to make that M7M run out of missiles first and then use a TP with marines to board it.

So we need to buy 'Flail Missile Production Facility' and 'Hammer Torpedo Fabrication Facility' for that M7M. And also we should build a 'Mosquito Missile Factory' (for Missile Defence Mosquito) and some other factories like 'Drone Factory' or something. So I think we should be on good terms with one commonwealth race (for me I choose the Teladi) so as to buy these factories and other things, train marines and buy more boarding pods, what do you think?

Note: This plan works fine, I think, for vanilla game. But if you play Mods and/or using scripts, then there might be better plans.

Also note that we shouldn't try to board Xenon ships (in our case, terran commander) because not only xenon ships are so hard to board but also there is the difficulty of missile supplies, as we are in bad rep with most of the commonwealth races, remember? so we can't build missile factories to supply these xenon ships.

Good Profitsss Smile

It does not matter what we were in the past but what we are now, what we do and what we are going to be, our destiny.
Ripskar

Ripskar avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 11 years ago.

Personally I bought the Yaki M7M, (I'm doing a fair amount of business with their shipyard anyway) though you can also acquire a Commonwealth M7M via a Return Ship mission at higher race ranks.
Also unless you're going modded (TRP) there won't be any Terran Marines or Training facilities available.
Personally I use the Military base in Twisted Skies due to the lack of Argon traffic, also this is the site for my Hammer & Flail Plex. I maintain good relations with the Profit Guild as they supply certain items that would be difficult to acquire by other means...

Somewhere out there is a Cobra Mk III with my name on it.
It isn't mine, some rando actually wrote my name across the side of his ship...
Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 11 years ago.

I guess you could get around the problem being friendly to one race, but I do agree its annoying the lack of boarding pod ships on the ATF/Terran side. I guess its something ego over-looked when creating the Terrans.

mojozor

mojozor avatar
Level badge Tropguey (5)
Posted 11 years ago.

Yea you all just confirmed what i was afraid of...
Oh well, i will think about it, by the looks of it i have 2 choices :
- Either be friendly with the teladi/pirates ... teladi most likely.
- Or just wipe everything off w/o any sort of ship capturing (lets be honest, the Terrans have the best ships in the game anyway)

Thanks for all your inputs guys.

Raptor

Raptor avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

Or just wipe everything off w/o any sort of ship capturing
- mojozor

Yeah right, but how can you make credits if you don't capture/board enemy ships?, as I think as a terran commander being an enemy for all races (except the terrans themselves of course), there aren't much choices to make credits, as trading/building for credits is not that easy in such case, don't you agree?

In short, I think as a terrran commander, the major source of Cr is from Boarding... Don't waste your time if you don't consider that, right? Smile

Also if you don't like the pirates/yaki, you can buy your marines from them first and then consider them foes, but note that you may need (for the plot, Operation Loose Ends) some amount of spacefuel, but where can you buy those? Weaver's Tempest would be a good idea.

It does not matter what we were in the past but what we are now, what we do and what we are going to be, our destiny.
mojozor

mojozor avatar
Level badge Tropguey (5)
Posted 11 years ago.

Well then i just have to actually make complexes that are usefull to the terrans , and not just 5,6 mega booze complexes as i would as an argon player.
But yea , credits will be a problem.

Ripskar

Ripskar avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 11 years ago.

Complexes in Terran Sectors are an entire subject in themselves; I could Go through what I have in each sector, though essentially If you start with a simple Food Loop (MRE) and Water Purification Plants for each planet then move on to more involved complexes. Silicon is the limiting factor, you want to be churning out as much Crystal as you can as this will ful all other complexes. The real money spinner is 1MJ shields if you stay friendly with the Teladi, though I also produce EMPCs and Keris for the open market. There's also Poltergeists though you'll need to sell them yourself.

Raptor

Raptor avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

Thank you very much Ripskar for your valuable information Smile

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

When I was playing has a Terran, I built in Megnir: normal jump gates, lots of silicon and ore; and relatively safe.

mojozor

mojozor avatar
Level badge Tropguey (5)
Posted 11 years ago.

About Megnir ... that's where i put my HQ, don't know if it is a good idea, but i wanted a Terran sector with lots of resources, the jump gates helped in the decision too.

Now after playing Terran for quite a while i see that is not as difficult as i imagined, the only foes within the commonwealth races are the argon and borons, and actually it suits me just fine.
I got friendly really fast with the split and paranid while killing every argon and boron in my way, and with the telady ... is really easy when they have so many sectors that are sharing gates with the xenon.

It seems like the Terrans didn't want a full scale war against all the races (nobody wants to fight on multiple fronts) but only against the argons and then followed by the borons.

All in all it was good fun playing the game with 2 races that hate me, but the most fun out of this was flying the Springblossom .... i feel like cheating with it.

On another note :
Thought to share with you the jumps beacons i found in Terran space : Venus , Pluto, Oort cloud, Uranus.(though i am sure there might be more)
Have a question about this ... are these beacons random in every game ? because Venus seems to always have one.

Ripskar

Ripskar avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 11 years ago.

The Jump Beacons are random, I have one in The Moon, Saturn, Uranus, Pluto, Oort Cloud and the Last Unknown Sector.
You can capture extra beacons by boarding RRF ships.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

oh, and as for jump beacons, you can only jump to ones owned by friendly race. ie. if its red, then you cant use it. So if youre playing as a Terran, you cant jump into the middle of argon space (if you find one there).

Raider480

Raider480 avatar
Level badge Rookiguey (4)
Posted 11 years ago.

Unless of course it's your own JB, though at that price it should probably already be guarded! :P
I think. I haven't tried this in a while.

You need to log-in to post here.