Progressing my War Career?

Home Board Index » X3: Albion Prelude » Progressing my War Career?

SurvivorSue

SurvivorSue avatar
Level badge Fightguey (6)
Posted 11 years ago.

I have spent half my game time over the last six months trying to progress my war career. I have got all the War Mission rewards I have read about including the Hub and HQ. However in another thread, I was advised in November that I had still more to do and that I should progress my war career by doing missions in the war sectors. I have spent the last four months doing missions in the war sectors and destroying most of the Terran ships I have come across in the War sectors. I have not received any further war commands, I have a mission in my missions list to go to sector M148 for war instruction but when I get there, no ship or station is indicated and no contact is made? Also when I do missions in the war sectors and destroy Terran ships I get the credits reward but my Argon rep. is stuck at Hero Of The Universe 19%. Can anyone inform me how I can finalise or advance my war career, as I am tiring of slaughtering Terrans to no purpose?

Raptor

Raptor avatar
Level badge Instruguey (13)
Posted 11 years ago.

Well, I thought at first that we can really influence the progress of the war and I also thought that the war could evolve (by our influence) to involve even more sectors (not just the highlighted war sectors in the galaxy map). But unfortunately, there is no real influence in its progress, the war is just a backdrop (loop that last forever)! I usually turn the war reports off after a while and just do other things!

However there is a mod like XRM that adds more meaning to the war and more, if you interested.

I have a mission in my missions list to go to sector M148 for war instruction but when I get there, no ship or station is indicated and no contact is made?

I'm not sure but I think that this could happen if a ship(s) that was in the war sector during the patrol mission has left the sector. That happened with me when I was fighting the Xenon in Black Hole Sun (during a normal Xenon mission, Destroy Xenon Fleet), a Xenon ship went to call in reinforcements from the northern Xenon sector, the mission guidance system pointed to that sector, when I followed the ship to the sector, the mission failed!! Kind-of a bug.

Also when I do missions in the war sectors and destroy Terran ships I get the credits reward but my Argon rep. is stuck at Hero Of The Universe 19%.

This is normal, usually the highest rep. seems like it stuck but it just takes longer to reach 100%. And is it Hero Of The Universe or Hero Of The Federation? Smile

It does not matter what we were in the past but what we are now, what we do and what we are going to be, our destiny.
Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 11 years ago.

The war missions are just repeatable side-quests that dont really do anything but summonwar ships unfortunately. I did think that I could effect the war, but after awhile I learnt that I had no effect on the war (so I stopped helping), and so disabled the war (war reports).

Ripskar

Ripskar avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 11 years ago.

There are ways to affect the progress of the War;

The script changes ownership of the sector only when there are no player assets in the sector. If there are player assets the script spawns ships to attack those assets.

Thus if you can have a presence in each sector without it getting destroyed by the forces spawned to destroy it you can prevent the sector changing ownership.

For the Argon one method has been to deploy an Advanced Satellite with a group of laser towers a significant distance (20km+) from the sector centre.

For Terrans the answer seems to lie with Aldrin ships (Spitfyre & Springblossom) on CLS-2 software running around the war sectors. It also helps to have the Hub as a stable point from which shipping can operate into the war sectors.

Somewhere out there is a Cobra Mk III with my name on it.
It isn't mine, some rando actually wrote my name across the side of his ship...
SurvivorSue

SurvivorSue avatar
Level badge Fightguey (6)
Posted 11 years ago.

Thanks everyone, much to chew on there! Looks like I can progress the war by less direct tactics!

You need to log-in to post here.