Laying the Cornerstone

Home Board Index » X3: Albion Prelude » Laying the Cornerstone

AngryToaster

AngryToaster avatar
Level badge Fightguey (6)
Posted 10 years ago.

I figured the latest update was reason enough to start a new, unmodified career in AP. So far I've run enough missions to; max all my racial relations / afford my own Angel and Mammoth will all the options I could want / get my trader rank high enough to make several million per mission / choke a camel.

After I build/haul/scan my way up to a sufficient wad again, I'm planning on building my initial big moneymaking complex. The question is where to put it. I've got lots of old Xadrian plans sitting around, but I want to make something new, not remake something from an old game.

Any suggestions on where to start the empire?

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 10 years ago.

Well if you started has an Argon, I recommend 1MJ shields around argon prime.

Microchips sell very well too, mostly any-where.

Ripskar

Ripskar avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 10 years ago.

Insufficient Data For This Function:-
What do you want to sell?

The new sectors; Guiding Star, Cathedral of Xaar, Ceo's Wellspring and Spires of Elusion offer opportunities that would not have been available in previous games.
Similarly with the sectors beyond Unholy Descent.
In each case a lack of through traffic may limit initial profitability.

Otherwise there is the entirety of the Commonwealth to choose from though these may be sites you've built on previously.

Do you want to be self sustaining or not?
Trade Tech or illegal goods?
I assume we're talking a Commonwealth start.

Somewhere out there is a Cobra Mk III with my name on it.
It isn't mine, some rando actually wrote my name across the side of his ship...
ThornandSpec

ThornandSpec avatar
Level badge Instruguey (13)
Posted 10 years ago.

I figured the latest update was reason enough to start a new, unmodified career in AP. So far I've run enough missions to; max all my racial relations / afford my own Angel and Mammoth will all the options I could want / get my trader rank high enough to make several million per mission / choke a camel.

After I build/haul/scan my way up to a sufficient wad again, I'm planning on building my initial big moneymaking complex. The question is where to put it. I've got lots of old Xadrian plans sitting around, but I want to make something new, not remake something from an old game.

Any suggestions on where to start the empire?
- AngeryToaster

As per the station complex...

If you have good relations with the terrans as well as Argon then I'd recommend Harmony of Perpetuity because it's virtually uninhabited, but there are high population sectors nearby, it isn't a war sector, and it also doesn't belong to any major race so it doesn't have any huge reputation consequences (unless you need rep with the Goner), the only issue is that there aren't many good asteroids, if at all. Personally I use addons to pay for high yield asteroids just like I buy stations, but you're going vanella. The sector is also quite roomy so there hasn't been any issues with space, and it is rarely, if at all, attacked by pirates, Xeonon, or Kha'ak, so nothing to worry about there, you should keep a decent relation with the Paranid (oddly enough) and of course the Argon. You could always build a resupply complex for silicon and ore if needed.

Well if you started has an Argon, I recommend 1MJ shields around argon prime.

Microchips sell very well too, mostly any-where.
- roguey

Yea, I've heard good things about the 1MJ factory in argon prime or home of light, also a solar plant in home of light isn't bad if you're aiming to make a small profit, might be a bad idea too though... all depends on what you want for profitssss. Smile

If my mission goal was pissing off the entire ATF fleet, then consider it a success!
AngryToaster

AngryToaster avatar
Level badge Fightguey (6)
Posted 10 years ago.

I ended up building a small 32m credit complex in President's End. Crappy resources, but that just means nothing more important was ever going to be built there anyway. Plus it's a free source of energy cells for my mammoth's energy-hungry jumpdrive. It looks like this. http://tinyurl.com/lnlcqur

In hindsight, I probably should have towed the mines closer together instead of stringing the stations along under the traffic flow. Or just leave some parts unconnected, so I could train couriers.

But, meh. It's only 32m.

You need to log-in to post here.