Making new ships?

Home Board Index » X3: Albion Prelude » Making new ships?

ThornandSpec

ThornandSpec avatar
Level badge Instruguey (13)
Posted 10 years ago.

Okay, so I've always wanted to add my own custom ships to X3AP for as long as I can remember, but so far I'm abit scared of what it would take to get a custom ship into the game, so here's what I'm looking for first:

-What coding would I need to know/learn?
-What 3D software is required? Can I use wings3D by any chance???
-A very VERY good guide to learn the basics from.
-If someone could write their own short guide they are more than welcome to, but I won't expect anybody to. Smile
-do the programs required lag on slower computers?

Later I'll learn how to make docking zones, turrets, and the more advanced stuff, what I really want to do is make a line of rather expensive TS, M6, and M7 class ships designed specifically as player ships, and a few M2s and M1s ultimately. I'm more that willing to make M3s first though, lol.

Thanks! Big grin

If my mission goal was pissing off the entire ATF fleet, then consider it a success!
Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 10 years ago.

you dont need to code, just be able to understand the game files and how it works. you must use something like gmax/3dmax to export to a bod file - using dbox2 created by doubleshadow. You can use whatever program you like to make the ship, but you may need to export to gmax/3dmax, so you can export through dbox2.

Killertide wrote a guide which you may find useful, here.

XeNoN

XeNoN avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

ThirnandSpec@
Hey mate, im too in a process of adding new custom ships to Ap, so if you wish we can work together?
Currently i have plans for few Xenon ships and some Split ships. Big grin

In the moment when I truly understand my enemy, understand him well enough to defeat him, then in that very moment I also love him.

-Andrew Ender Wiggin
ThornandSpec

ThornandSpec avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

ThirnandSpec@
Hey mate, im too in a process of adding new custom ships to Ap, so if you wish we can work together?
Currently i have plans for few Xenon ships and some Split ships.
- XeNoN

I've always been a fan of split & Xenon ships, you'll definitely have to add me on steam, aye? I'm a bit thick in the head, you'll have to may have to help me through this process, but it will be good to have a partner for ship building.

How far have you gotten to adding ships? any I can see any of your work? :3

If my mission goal was pissing off the entire ATF fleet, then consider it a success!
XeNoN

XeNoN avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

Ive made only jobs for Cadius shippack but im learning quickly Smile, with some tutorials etc it will be NO problem mate Smile.
Also im good at drawing so ill start making scetches for few ships. And ill send you.
Add me on steam:
beherith123

In the moment when I truly understand my enemy, understand him well enough to defeat him, then in that very moment I also love him.

-Andrew Ender Wiggin

You need to log-in to post here.