List of Questions

Home Board Index » X3: Albion Prelude » List of Questions

Vaikran

Vaikran avatar
Level badge Fightguey (6)
Posted 10 years ago.

Instead of making multiple posts for different questions im just gonna start listing my questions i have here and edit it when i have more,and if others would be so kind as to post some answers it would be greatly appreciated.

1. Yaki are blue to me? except in Weavers Tempest and on specific defense missions were the Yaki are attacking others. Is this normal?

2. Khaak, were the hell are they?

3. Secrets, over tuning crates, abandoned ships, ect. Over 120 sectors explored including 90% of unknown and pirate. I spend a few minutes searching around the asteroids and stuff but ive never found anything. Not even a claimable ship. What am i doing wrong or missing? Do these things appear on the map?

4. Is it possible to have trade ships search for specific weapons such as the ISRG and buy them for you?

5. If your turrets hit a station and it turns red and calls the quick response forces, Will leaving for awhile turn these guys and the station back to blue?

6. Top 3 Anti-Capital ship weapons

7. Top 3 Anti-Fighter Weapons

8. Do destroyed asteroids respawn?

9. If i ever find over-tuning crates ect do they ever respawn anywere? or is there a set number per game.

10. Alot of people mention selling Khaak weapons. If you cant capture or board Khaak ships then how do you get them?

11. Once an advanced satellite is deployed can it be picked up again? lets say like in the unknown sector

“But I don’t want to go among mad people," Alice remarked.
"Oh, you can’t help that," said the Cat: "we’re all mad here. I’m mad. You’re mad."
"How do you know I’m mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, or you wouldn’t have come here.”
―Alice in Wonderland
Seygantte

Seygantte avatar
Level badge Instruguey (13)
Posted 10 years ago.

1. Yaki is treated in the game like the races. You have a rep with them, but it is not displayed. They can be neutral to you
3. Advanced satellites pick them up well. When you first start, they are randomly generated. You may get lucky, (I found a khaak scout in the second sector I entered), or have trouble.
4. Yes. Can't remember exact details, but if you tie one to a dock you own you can tell it to buy ware.
8. Yes, over time.
9. No, see No.3. They can spawn in UFJD sectors randomly though
10. They can be found as unclaimed ships.
11. Yes, just fly into it. The same applies to lasertowers, navigational satellites, and jump beacons

ಠ_ರೃ My monocle and I disapprove ♋
Vaikran

Vaikran avatar
Level badge Fightguey (6)
Posted 10 years ago.

Thanks for the answers, it helps alot with my planning. Which leads to another question to add to the list tho lol

“But I don’t want to go among mad people," Alice remarked.
"Oh, you can’t help that," said the Cat: "we’re all mad here. I’m mad. You’re mad."
"How do you know I’m mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, or you wouldn’t have come here.”
―Alice in Wonderland
X2-Illuminatus

X2-Illuminatus avatar
Level badge Markoguey (10)
Posted 10 years ago.

2. All Khaak colonies, which were known to the commonwealth races, were destroyed in Operation Final Fury in X3TC. While that doesn't have to mean that all Khaaks are dead, the Khaak are currently not in a position to start any attacks on the Commonwealth sectors.

5. RRF forces may vanish after a certain time, I'm not sure about that. Apologising to either the RRF forces or the leading military ship in the sector should help to calm them down. The station will stay enemy to you though. A station hacker, which you can find as a generic Think mission (lightbulb) in surrounding sectors, can help you to get access to that station again though.

6./7. Pretty much depends on the ship you're currently flying and the weapons it can mount. Photon Pulse Cannons (PPCs), Point Singularity Projectors (PSPs) and Starburst Shockwave Cannons (SSCs) are three very strong weapons against Capital ships, but are itself only available on Capital ships, the last two only on Terran capital ships. The Flak Artillery Array is a good Anti-Fighter weapon on Capital ships. A more general approach to find out, what weapons are good for what purpose, is to check the general stats: How much damage do they make, how much energy to the need, what is their firing rate. As an Anti-Fighter weapon you usually want something that has a high firing rate. While as a capital weapon the strongest weapon (the one causing the most damage) is usually the best choice.

The answer to life, the universe and everything: 42!
...or was it 23? Picture
AlphanInfidel

AlphanInfidel avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 10 years ago.

2. Khaak are only a minor distraction in this, and it seems like you (The player) is eradicating the remnants.
5. Agree with Illuminatus....... but the sudden arrival of red RRF ships can change your immediate plans for a long way into the game.
6/7 Agree with above essentially,but different players have different styles of play. In TC I favoured M/AM in a Vidar(which is not yet available to me in AP so I can't compare for AP) Which missile you prefer also has some bearing.
11a @Seygantte ........ Have read elsewhere how successful you've been at exploring UFJD sectors. Q. Can anything be ordered to pick A/Sats back up? Or is it more expedient to abandon them as one leaves the sector?
11b Picking up Drones and Lasertowers in TC actually repaired and/or revitalised them, haven't tested this in AP yet.

I am an Alien!
Seygantte

Seygantte avatar
Level badge Instruguey (13)
Posted 10 years ago.

Collecting damaged objects like adv satellites should indeed repair them. It seems that the damage data value isn't stored when it's converted into a cargo unit.

As far as I know there isn't a command that lets you automatically collect special objects as you would collect cargo or rocks. When spare satellites were an issue, what I would do is send explorer ships to set locations and drop satellites. When one of these notified me that the order was complete, I would use Shift+1 or Shift+2 to bring it up on the mini screens. From there, if you expand the window you can remote pilot them, so I would just reverse them back onto the satellite and pick it up, then send it to the next location. It was pretty time consuming, and I'd do it while waiting for other stuff in the universe to finish. In the end I gave up recollecting them, and built some factories to keep me supplied, and used software to resupply the explorer ships from their carrier.

ಠ_ರೃ My monocle and I disapprove ♋
AlphanInfidel

AlphanInfidel avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 10 years ago.

Thanks for your answer Seygantte. It has taken me so long to examine the UFJD sector I'm in (after killing some Xenon)that I've managed to get some traders to stockpile a few dozen more ADV. SATS.
I guess that I'll retrieve as many as I can bother about and abandon the rest! It is a VERY LONG JOB and I haven't found anything yet! All this just to upgrade a few ships.

I am an Alien!
RandomTank

RandomTank avatar
Level badge Assoguey (17)
Posted 10 years ago.

Admitted, the best weapons against Capitals is purely according to opinion and playstyle, and the same goes for Anti-Fighter too, but against fighters you can never go far wrong with a FAA/SCC, as they are fast moving, accurate, high damage and frikking awesome!! Only available for M7's and up though (well, one well known M6 can take SCC, but otherwise, my statement stands).

I will be the one to take you down!
Cachurro

Cachurro avatar
Level badge Skillguey (7)
Posted 10 years ago.

Actually, there is also a fighter that can take pSSC but the energy consumption is so high there is no point in actually using it IS.
For weapons, I usually aim for EBC + PBG for fighters, CIG/ISR + FAA for M6 and GC/PPC/PSP + FAA/SSC for capital ships.

2. There are no active Kah'ak in AP. I miss them... and you can hardly ever encounter any terraformers (at Aldrin).
4. You need the Bonus Pack, an M3/M4/M5/M6/TM/TS/TP ship with Navigation Command Software, Trade Command Software MK1 + MK2, homebased at either the Hub, player HQ, Equipment Dock or Trading station. Add the ware you wish to buy to the station and start Commercial Representation in the ship, set the ware list to a whitelist and add that ware to it. The trader will buy only if the cost is equal or lower than the price set in the station (which is the average price by default). It will buy up to 80% of the maximum storage amount by default, but you can change that. You can also change the maximum amount for the ware at the Player HQ. And don't forget that the ship will only use the jump drive if it's pilot level is Trader, Dealer or Major Dealer. Or... if you don't have the Bonus pack, you can order the ship to "buy ware for best price" instead (given a homebase and TCS2).
8. I heard that destroyed asteroids take about a week to respawn. Smaller rocks respawn too. But if a mining station blows up, that asteroid is gone for good.
9. You can only ever see tunings if they are under the sight of an adv. satellite. They usually spawn at pirate or unknown sectors at coordinates (+-)*(1 to 1.75)*(sector size) in each axis, so they are really far.

You need to log-in to post here.