It's M2 time!

Home Board Index » X3: Albion Prelude » It's M2 time!

bozo64r

bozo64r avatar
Level badge Miltaguey (15)
Posted 10 years ago.

So I took an assassination mission, 2 million credits for a quick kill, seemed good for me. So I check my message and it's a Yaki M7, I thought to myself easy! Jumped in and found this...

http://img819.imageshack.us/img819/4403/2013061100001x.jpg

I thought I was toast, there was an M2 defending this Yaki M7, now I am not sure if it was coincidence that it was there or if it was just part of the mission. I managed to destroy the M7 (rammed it after its shields came down) and jumped out the sector before the M2 did any great damage.

This leads me onto my question, I have had very few M2s in the TC/AP, I stuck to M7/M1 because of the hanger bays, so in your opinion what is the best M2 and loadout?

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 10 years ago.

Its just based on your combat rating; the higher the level, the stronger the ships will be. When this starts to happen, youre find that the kill missions wont has worthwhile, as they were much eariler - due to the strength of the spawn.

Kirlack

Kirlack avatar
Level badge Specoguey (14)
Posted 10 years ago.

Yeah they are Roguey. Just kill the mark as ordered, and cap everything else! :p

Madder than a Bastard on fathers day.
My DiDs: Peace(s) of Eight - Way of the Gun - Status: Online, A Xenon DiD
AngryToaster

AngryToaster avatar
Level badge Fightguey (6)
Posted 10 years ago.

I'm partial to my Boreas full of gauss cannons. I fear no other ship, although sometimes I take a panther with me to handle fighters, purely for convenience you understand.

I also recommend having you own ammo complex to keep your behemoths supplied. You can even us a CLS ship to jump your munitions to you!

XeNoN

XeNoN avatar
Level badge Instruguey (13)
Posted 10 years ago.

While Boreas was a beast in the TC, unfortinetly it isnt anymore, while its good for mid game player's up to crusader fight rank and for boarding operations, i dont recommand it for sector destroying etc, because it cant coup with for example M2+'s.

In the moment when I truly understand my enemy, understand him well enough to defeat him, then in that very moment I also love him.

-Andrew Ender Wiggin
bozo64r

bozo64r avatar
Level badge Miltaguey (15)
Posted 10 years ago.

My combat rating is getting quite high, i'm half way through Vindicator at the moment. So I need to upgrade sometime. For know they i am laying off the combat and going onto trading.

AngryToaster

AngryToaster avatar
Level badge Fightguey (6)
Posted 10 years ago.

While Boreas was a beast in the TC, unfortinetly it isnt anymore, while its good for mid game player's up to crusader fight rank and for boarding operations, i dont recommand it for sector destroying etc, because it cant coup with for example M2+'s.
- XeNoN

Well, a Megalodon then. It holds more gauss cannons anyway. That's the important thing.

Gauss cannons. Rambo

RandomTank

RandomTank avatar
Level badge Assoguey (17)
Posted 10 years ago.

I have played AP a bit, but not enough to buy my own Capitol ship; but I have done extensive play-testing with the Cheat Pack, mainly pitting many different Cap-ships against each other, and I found that the Boreas is devastating PLAYER CONTROLLED, purely because of it's speed and the sheer amount of PPC it can handle. The NPC's can't do fire avoidance, so that, and the shield nerf, means it's not that survivable, but in the player hands its amazing! Especially against Terran ships; this is because of the silly ROF vs High damage output of the PSP, meaning that all of (say a Tyr's) power will be delivered in one, concentrated burst; so if you are travelling adjacent to it, you can tip you nose up approx 15-20 degrees up or down and ALL of that power will miss, and he will have to wait another 10 seconds before he can try again! Supposing that the PPC has a shield DPS of 46500, and you have potentially 8-16 PPC's firing on that Tyr for those 10 seconds... well, do the math, that's a lot of damage, and he can't even return fire yet...

In fact, you don't even need a Boreas to do this! I've taken out a fully equipped Kyoto with just a Shrike, because he is a massive target, is no where near as agile as me, and has awful turret coverage. All I did was to slowly circle round him at 4.5km, avoiding his PSP's, pounding away at him with my side GC's... It takes an age, and I eventually got bored and decided to strafe round him, allowing both GC turrets and my four front IBL's fire at him, but he died, and I emerged triumphant with 100% shields...

I will be the one to take you down!
Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 10 years ago.

Especially against Terran ships; this is because of the silly ROF vs High damage output of the PSP, meaning that all of (say a Tyr's) power will be delivered in one, concentrated burst; so if you are travelling adjacent to it, you can tip you nose up approx 15-20 degrees up or down and ALL of that power will miss, and he will have to wait another 10 seconds before he can try again!

Thats definitely something I dont like about the Terran weapons; the very slow rate of fire. In player controlled ship this can be exploited.

RandomTank

RandomTank avatar
Level badge Assoguey (17)
Posted 10 years ago.

Yup, they are all too low ROF, even the SSC, because it can't put hits into fighters quick enough, so they can escape out of its short range...
Apart from the M/AM Launcher, that thing is awesome because it is a higher damage CIG that doesn't use energy, Awesome!

I will be the one to take you down!

You need to log-in to post here.