BACK UP YOUR GAME! :P

Home Board Index » X3: Albion Prelude » BACK UP YOUR GAME! :P

bozo64r

bozo64r avatar
Level badge Miltaguey (15)
Posted 10 years ago.

I advise you all the backup your game! My PC just crashed and I have to re-install, (i have a plan to get my games back, but it's a ball ache)
Back up your games to a USB or even cloud storage. Just in case :P

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 10 years ago.

sounds like you lost a game then?

even just zipping up to another folder helps.

bozo64r

bozo64r avatar
Level badge Miltaguey (15)
Posted 10 years ago.

Very true, I like to keep backups external to my PC. My plan is to install my OS onto my second HDD (640GB), and adding my original HDD (1TB) as a second drive and salvaging any files I need.

RandomTank

RandomTank avatar
Level badge Assoguey (17)
Posted 10 years ago.

Back up your games to a USB

I wouldn't recommend backing up to a USB stick, they are easily lost and are very likely to go wrong. Just buy a 16-32GB external HDD, it's a lot more reliable...

I will be the one to take you down!
Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

very likely to go wrong

hmm.. so far I never had a problem with a flash card/stick. Although ive mostly stuck with good branded ones, such as sandisk.

RandomTank

RandomTank avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

Of course a branded one will do you better, but all of them do have a limited lifetime, and it isn't that long; this is if you are using very often, like transferring documents between work/school and home, so it's a good idea to not use the same memory stick for both applications. If you are gonna just stick files on it and then leave it, it should be fine; your only problem then will be if you lose the thing! LOL

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

between work/school and home

When I was at college, we only had 1.44Mbs - so instead we emailed ourself. This kept a copy on our email accounts, although now a better way would be online storage for backup. I only use a flash-stick a little, I guess the reason I havnt had any fail on me, yet.

Kirlack

Kirlack avatar
Level badge Specoguey (14)
Posted 10 years ago.

I have a 256 meg USB stick which I use to use for data transfer between non-networked computers, but recently I've been using my MP3 player. It's got 2 gigs of space to play with, and works like a dream for shifting documents and pics from one hard drive to another Smile

Madder than a Bastard on fathers day.
My DiDs: Peace(s) of Eight - Way of the Gun - Status: Online, A Xenon DiD
RandomTank

RandomTank avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

I've got an incredibly old 2GB USB stick (would have been VERY expensive back in the day), but I also have a 64GB one somewhere (its a bit bigger than a normal one), but I rarely use them; i transfer data with the cloud and e-mail, but I do have 2TB of back-up space if it need it...

You need to log-in to post here.