Instant top Marines for free! And no cheating!

Home Board Index » X3: Albion Prelude » Instant top Marines for free! And no cheating!

Cachurro

Cachurro avatar
Level badge Skillguey (7)
Posted 10 years ago.

I was at grand exchange when a Xenon J jumped in and confronted a couple of Teladi capitals. After the J blew up 10 marines appeared in space so I picked them up and checked their stats to see if there was anyone worth keeping.
And oh my, they had an average fighting skill of 80 and about 60-70 in the rest of the stats. All 4 star marines! It's about 15 million worth in training alone, and not including the waiting time and the fight skill training!
Has anyone else seen marines in space after an enemy ship´blows up?
PS: They are all Teladi marines, so I guess they were either sent to board the J or were inside a Teladi M7 that also blew up.

Kirlack

Kirlack avatar
Level badge Specoguey (14)
Posted 10 years ago.

Yeah it's either a feature or a bug that crept into Albion Prelude. I've seen a few reports of it happening on the Egosoft boards Smile

Madder than a Bastard on fathers day.
My DiDs: Peace(s) of Eight - Way of the Gun - Status: Online, A Xenon DiD
Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 10 years ago.

The same thing can happen when boarding a ship too. At the end of a successful boarding, I see odd times when 4-5 marines will jump into space. They usually have bad stats but sometimes odd ones dont. gz btw.

ThornandSpec

ThornandSpec avatar
Level badge Instruguey (13)
Posted 10 years ago.

Have you been able to repeat the phenomenon? It would be great if this was a reoccurring thing.

If my mission goal was pissing off the entire ATF fleet, then consider it a success!
Seygantte

Seygantte avatar
Level badge Instruguey (13)
Posted 10 years ago.

I can't speak for Cachurro's experience, but from my boarding operations I can verify Roguey's post. The marines on board the target ship bail out once your marines have reached the core, so if you scanned the ship and saw any good marines it's worth picking them all up to find it.
I like to think of it as them seeing my superior marines and going "Nopenopenope" and running for the nearest airlock.

ಠ_ರೃ My monocle and I disapprove ♋
Scott

Scott avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

Last night I found a J in,grand exchange with 3 percent hull and 5 sheilds. I slammed a firestorm and typhoon A.D. then took it out. No marines but boost in to from Teledia and 10 k credits .Did not pay for anythi.ng and no marines eather

Zipmeister

Zipmeister avatar
Level badge Fightguey (6)
Posted 10 years ago.

My first go through Hila's Joy, Some Boron Rapid Response and Military craft were beating the snot out of a Xenon Q.
For whatever reason, The Q picked up an invulnerability flag (Glitch) and stopped at 0 health without dying.
It's Still there in my game... Luckily, due to Boron Ion Disruptor fire, The Q is effectively Neutered (No guns).
Boron ships die from friendly fire and collisions and are replaced but this is a permanent and ongoing "Battle"
The ship seems to get pushed around somewhat but doesn't seem to move much on it's own.
With the background out of the way, lets move on to the "Interesting"

Occasionally, The boarding tune will play as Rapid response craft launch Boarding pods.
The pods hit the hull.
After an elapsed time that seems to be approximately the length required to cut through the hull, the marines are ejected.

I suspect there is a check at the beginning of each deck (Or perhaps more often) for the ship's health. If the health is too low, the marines make their way to the escape pods.

Approximately 20% of these ejected marines are 90+ fight rank. (Keepers) They replace my losses and the 100 Fight rank marines (Most survivors) that get sent for training.

Also, I have acquired a couple Argon marines In a war sector that bailed on a dying Terran boarding op. (Once)

Contrary to the original poster, I believe the marines eject BEFORE the ship is destroyed but AFTER they successfully cut through the hull if the hull is low enough. (Rats leaving a sinking ship scenario rather than loot scenario) If you hear boarding music, watch for boarding pods. Keep the shields down while they are cutting, don't use Ion Disruptors etc.

Good luck.

Admetes

Admetes avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

Problem with this 0%hull glitch is that you cant get rid of these ships once this bug happen. You cant even sell it. Well I mean you can but the ships becomes docked at the shipyard with an unknown pilot inside it.
Weird to see a docked ships called ZOMBIE(as I called it that way) written in caps as npc.

RandomTank

RandomTank avatar
Level badge Assoguey (17)
Posted 10 years ago.

You could try to RE it to see if it dissapears after that...

I will be the one to take you down!
Admetes

Admetes avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

Nope nothing I did helped at all, only thing I could do declare war on argon and destroy the shipyard with the ship inside.. oh wait.. perhaps shipyard will blow up and the ship will be still 0% hull Big grin

Scott

Scott avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

Just use the cheat script and make it go away.I use it for some things when I have a bad problem ,say a tyr in my hub having fun and I have nothing to stop it with.

Admetes

Admetes avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

but but achievements?

Zipmeister

Zipmeister avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

Have you been able to repeat the phenomenon? It would be great if this was a reoccurring thing.
- ThornandSpec

I BELIEVE this might be considered a "repeatable phenomenon" :

I keep only marines 90+ fight rank. (~20% of marines) I discard the rest.
I keep my Sirokos full of Boron marines fight rank 90-99 for boarding ops.
Marines that make it to 100 fight rank are removed after every boarding op for training/storage.
I currently have 2 Angels full (40) marines 4*100 trained docked on my Valhalla.
Another 110+ marines Fight Rank 100 in training at Rhonkar's Fire Military base.

I agree... As far as reoccurring things go, it is pretty great....
Instant top Marines for free! And.... ... Yay for exploitable glitches. Beer

Im saving the trained marines for the Rapid Response/Jump beacon captures with Sentry lasers.
The "Ugly caps" I just can't refuse.
I was originally expecting to need "Trained Marines" for I, J, K, but managed without.

Just use the cheat script and make it go away.
- Scott

Hmmm.... What an interesting.... NOPE!!!

P.S. If you are working backward doing some quick calculations, don't forget some "Boarding losses" Keyboard typing

firestorm79

firestorm79 avatar
Level badge Tropguey (5)
Posted 10 years ago.

so... is this glitch repeatable??

Zipmeister

Zipmeister avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

I have no clue what causes the glitch. Sorry. It MAY be but I don't know anything about how the glitch comes about.
Hopefully someone else can shed a little light on it.
For me, I was passing through Hila's Joy and a Xenon Q was getting thumped by some Boron. It didn't die.

You need to log-in to post here.