Plot reputation hit

Home Board Index » X3: Albion Prelude » Plot reputation hit

stanbaker

stanbaker avatar
Level badge Tropguey (5)
Posted 10 years ago.

I started with Humble Merchant, and I'm up to about a half-billion credits. My reputation with the Terrans is at 13% of Guardian of Earth and ATF Research Access. How much of a hit to this reputation can I expect if I start the Argon main plot? I have two self-sustaining complexes in Terran space making decent money and I'd like it to stay that way.

Thanks!

AlphanInfidel

AlphanInfidel avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 10 years ago.

Not exactly sure about the percentage you lose with each trip to the contested sectors. When I started I took no notice of it and ended up very unpopular! As I eventually wanted to buy a few Terran things, I found I had to switch tactics and nurture my reputation back to health. After that I it seemed best to do a small part of the main mission, then kill a few Argons in Terran space, and then jump to further away and do a few anti-Xenon patrols, ship recoveries etc., to balance out the Argon deaths I'd caused. I suspect that if you just start blazing away at Terrans you will not own those complexes for long! As you are possibly trading from the complexes to the Terrans your rep will grow slowly while you do other neutral stuff. Hopefully somebody will confirm or deny any or all of this to bring a bit more clarity.

I am an Alien!
stanbaker

stanbaker avatar
Level badge Tropguey (5)
Posted 10 years ago.

I'll probably have to keep Save #1 for my "pre-plot" point, and then just see how it goes. If I remember correctly, though, I can ignore the "Go see what's happening in Jupiter" type things and wait for specific missions. So hopefully that will reduce some of the reputation damage.

Thanks!

AlphanInfidel

AlphanInfidel avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 10 years ago.

Yes, even before I read about it I had discovered that many of those "We are taking losses in......." messages are just a distraction. There are times, however, during the main plot where you have to make a few Terran kills, you could choose to balance that out so your reputation stays high.

I am an Alien!
Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 10 years ago.

Well if you could find a sector with hostile ships (to the Terrans), then you could always do a few kills after, to repair any lost rep with Terran's. Killing enemy ships is probably one of the fastest way to return rep (when low).

You need to log-in to post here.