new to X3

Home Board Index » X3: Albion Prelude » new to X3

Icedtino

Icedtino avatar
Level badge Tropguey (5)
Posted 10 years ago.

so i bought X3 gold pack a pair of weeks ago and i have been doing ok income is easy to come by due to teladi stock exchange :p

however i do have some issues i was wondering if you guys could help me with...
1.- i got a complex working in seizewell and its producing things (mainly e-cells, silicon wafers, crystals, nostrop oil) and all but i still don't see any income coming in to it (have yet to set up the manufacturing end of it) was wondering what to set up on it and how to modify it so that if necessary sell some of the intermediate items aswell

2.- if i set up a silicon mine M and want to switch it out for a large using the same roid (asteroid) how can you do that

3.- i want to move some of the roids to the complex but lack the tractor beam to do it i found its location (and its abundant) in Third Redemption but i cant seem to push the paranid rep further (i am a little far away from paranid space relative to seizewell) i'm at -1 unholy nomad (not sure why its at that since i have never touched paranid areas)

EDIT:
currently i'm doing humble merchant but adding combat into it to spice things up and im running with a falcon vanguard equipped with 4 HEPT and 4 EBC some dragonfly missiles and firefly missiles not sure what would be the best setup though i'm at rank 5 (majority shareholder) with teladi, and rank 3 or 4 with argon and boron

Seygantte

Seygantte avatar
Level badge Instruguey (13)
Posted 10 years ago.

2. You can't change an M mine into an L mine. Since there's a finite amount of asteroids, always use an L mine.

3. You can't move mines without it. There are a few other places that sell the tractor beam, but the paranid are the only ones with factories. If the equipment docks are out of stock, or unreachable for you, then you're just going to have to raise the Paranid's rep. Unholy nomad is the normal starting reputation, so raise it as you would any other race.

EDIT
This tool will help you design a self sufficient complex. I find it easiest to start by adding the end product stations, and then add supportive stations to meet those station's needs. Eventually you will close the loop. Just be sure to not use a 0% sun sector; solar panels don't work there.

ಠ_ರೃ My monocle and I disapprove ♋
Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 10 years ago.

hi there and welcome Wave

I agree with Seygantte, never use M mines! always use L. There isnt that much extra in cost but it will be a lot better in the long run. M mines should really be removed from build options.

as for the complex; you wont see any real money into you make it self-sustaining. This means it makes everything it needs without having to buy anything in. You start by finding a sector with good ore/silicon (ore isnt as important if youre making certain goods). Once find a good sector, all the other stations can be built such as a power-plant, food station 1 & 2 (pre / after) and finally a crystal fab. Sun percentage isnt all that important. Now connect-up, it should run happily. However make sure you build enough of each station to keep-up with demand., like youre need atleast two crystal factories to cope with one solar power plant for example. Check the production times and the wares made and required. Self-sustaining complexs do cost a lot to setup, but make a little money all the time.

oh, and you can only move asteroids within the same sector, and you need a tractor-beam.

Icedtino

Icedtino avatar
Level badge Tropguey (5)
Posted 10 years ago.

seygantte and roguey thanks for the info i had setup the mediums due to reputation issues but after getting access to all the others i went large with everything else like i mentioned i setup shop in seizewell (teladi system with a stock exchange) but so im kinda stuck with those then -_-'
the silicon mines there were rank 26 if i recall though i have seen some with bigger #s and the ore mines i got there are all large

Admetes

Admetes avatar
Level badge Fightguey (6)
Posted 10 years ago.

Welcome Icedtino.

I am quite new to the forum myself and still fresh of the game.
I wish you a safe flying and much profitsss
Big Grin

Cachurro

Cachurro avatar
Level badge Skillguey (7)
Posted 10 years ago.

Welcome Icedtino! I suggest building a moskito factory, then the bomber missiles: hammer, flail and Tomahawk.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 10 years ago.

It is good to see newcomers to the site, you all welcomed Wave

as for the M's well, there isnt much you can do about them now, although they arent too bad, as they still function; 26 yield isnt that high in the schemes of things - although now you know to use L's. Its a shame in a way the mines arent upgradeable really.

Icedtino

Icedtino avatar
Level badge Tropguey (5)
Posted 10 years ago.

well im working my way up in the paranid atm but they being a nutty bunch freaking mission expired on me when the bloody ship was docking at station so i lost like 50% of my paranid rep (went from like 57% ish priest confidante to about 4% on the same rank) and all i freaking needed were like 10 more seconds to complete the mission

also if anyone could tell me what im missing...according to sites to access paranid stock exchange you need the paranid rep level friend of priest which i have already and i still cant access it

also was wondering what ship to use for regular easy combat missions as i posted before most of my rep levels are around 3-4 (except teladi that's at 5) have a ton of discoverers though atm since im using them to keep tabs on paranid systems to do trade in them to raise their rep; for regular combat though i got 3 falcons (1 piloted by me and 2 wingmen) but i am finding them a bit sluggish (speed wise) running 2 vanguards and 1 sentinel

Admetes

Admetes avatar
Level badge Fightguey (6)
Posted 10 years ago.

Yes I remember that I had the same issue... ( I am about almost 270 hours in the game now, still new but not too new)
It is a simple mistake such as that you need Friend of Priest Duke instead, if I do remember correctly.
So is 2 levels above the one you are at the moment.
It doesnt take too long , some missions and some trade + killing some pirates (everybody hates them) in their territory would help.
I find having an M6(corvette class) in the begging helps, as you arent too squishy and you got some good firepower to do kill fighter quests easier, though you are less agile.
About trade what are you trading at the moment, and in which ships?
Safe flying! dont auto pillock yourself :p

Icedtino

Icedtino avatar
Level badge Tropguey (5)
Posted 10 years ago.

no it just says friend of priest on the requirements (which is rank 2) i'm at priest confidante which is the one after the requirement (rank 3)
"The High Priest Duke has authorized individuals of Paranid Notoriety Friend of Priest to gain access to the Paranid Stock Exchanges" - from http://www.x3wiki.com/index.php/Paranid_Stock_Exchange

the trades i am doing is E cells and soja beans on 2 autopiloting mercuries super freighter XL's with jump drive installed on both to make travel faster

but what about the other M3's i have access to (paranid perseus, split mamba, argon nova or boron barracuda) should i get those too or just stick to teladi falcons?

for the M6's the corvettes atm i think i only have access to the Osprey (was thinking on waiting to get the M6+ version)
EDIT: when i get access to more M6's which would you recommend

Ripskar

Ripskar avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 10 years ago.

Its a typo. It is Friend of Priest Duke (rank 4) I suppose they must have missed fixing it in the patches or fixing it created other problems so was never implemented.

Somewhere out there is a Cobra Mk III with my name on it.
It isn't mine, some rando actually wrote my name across the side of his ship...
AlphanInfidel

AlphanInfidel avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 10 years ago.

@ Admetes, I have relied on an M6's for sevelal X's (X2 onwards) as long as you can summon bigger/more powerful ships when the excrement hits the Xpelair! I find that M6's are more fun to fly, (than something that steers like a postcode, but without the sense of urgency!)

I am an Alien!
Scott

Scott avatar
Level badge Specoguey (14)
Posted 10 years ago.

For personal ships the hyperion. Vanguard is first I belevie R skrion is 2 after that up to you like cargo 1st speed 2 sheilds 3 I would take agency dragon over the srandard dragon. Just my two cents

Cachurro

Cachurro avatar
Level badge Skillguey (7)
Posted 10 years ago.

For something buyable in the Commonwealth the first choice is the OTAS Skiron. For a faster but with lower shields you can get a Split Dragon (it's better than the heavy variant, actually). The Terran M6s of choice are the Vidar (a slow but powerful ship) and the Springblossom (very fast an large cargo hold).
Later, when you develop boarding ability people tend to aim for the considered 2 best M6 player ships:
* The Springblossom (must be boarded if at war with the Terrans): Great for doing almost any mission. After learning how to fight with it, it can easily destroy up to M7s.
* The Paranid Hyperion Prime. Big, armed to the teeth and can carry 2 fighters, but has half the speed of the Springblossom.

RandomTank

RandomTank avatar
Level badge Assoguey (17)
Posted 10 years ago.

I quite like the Heavy Dragon Sad If you don't mind small cargo bays, the HCP is quite good too, mounting a fearsome array of weapons on its many turrets!

@Cachurro What did you mean by your comment on the Advanced Chokaro? I've never seen one in TC? Where did you see one? I want it! You can get one from the plotlines in AP though...

I will be the one to take you down!
Icedtino

Icedtino avatar
Level badge Tropguey (5)
Posted 10 years ago.

just bought a venti to test it out and have the falcons that i already own as guards but before i do move into a bit more combat i'm still trying to get paranid rank 4 (friend of priest duke) for the freaking tractor beams (got about maybe 40% to go from rank 3 to rank 4) might buy an osprey to move roids around to the complex once i get the rep and hopefully an albatross/mammoth aswell for more components for the complex

1 2 »

You need to log-in to post here.