A mammoth problem

Home Board Index » X3: Albion Prelude » A mammoth problem

AlphanInfidel

AlphanInfidel avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 10 years ago.

I have a mammoth with a Wraith fab in that I want to join to my complex in Megnir (Next to Aldrin 2) but the sector apears red to that ship when I select it for (remote) jump drive. The sector is not red to me, and I can't find anything big enough to apologise to. The mammoth doesn't have any illegal goods on board. I'm hoping that this problem is not as big as the thread title suggests! Any helpful ideas, previous experience, knowledge of known bug, etc., please?

I am an Alien!
Scott

Scott avatar
Level badge Specoguey (14)
Posted 10 years ago.

Is the ship stolen? Is that might be your problem. Also being a Argon ship even if you own it could've the problem. Trust diffent tl and see what happens.One more thing check that ships iff might be set to foe.

AlphanInfidel

AlphanInfidel avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 10 years ago.

Thanks for your quick response, Scott. The mammoth is not stolen. I have another mammoth already in that sector, and this one was there before it went to Saturn's shipyard! Checked friend /foe ....... all friends except Xenon. It doesn't seem possible to transfer stations between ships....... I could make Wraiths elsewhere, but I'd have to buy more Terran fabs in places I can't sell their goods!

I am an Alien!
Kirlack

Kirlack avatar
Level badge Specoguey (14)
Posted 10 years ago.

Have you checked the Mammoth's individual freind/foe settings? It might just have Terrans set to hostile, in which case they'll always show red to that ship.

Madder than a Bastard on fathers day.
My DiDs: Peace(s) of Eight - Way of the Gun - Status: Online, A Xenon DiD
AlphanInfidel

AlphanInfidel avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 10 years ago.

Yes, Kirlack......... "Checked friend /foe ....... all friends except Xenon," but thanks.
I suppose I can do other things, but, it has puzzled me that Saturn (The Shipyard it's currently at) wasn't hostile to it when it arrived. I have just checked and it is now unwanted in ANY Terran core sector! I can select it to jump to any core sectors for the other main races, no problem. I'm currently at 39% of both ATF Earth Access and Terran Planetary Senator, so Terran core sectors are not prohibited to me. I wouldn't have thought it possible that the Mammoth squashed something on arrival as I was not IS.... therefore no collisions should have happened. ??????
I think I'll get some energy cells and jump to Saturn so I can grovel and apologise to all and sundry!

----------------------------
Tried that ............ and now Saturn is no longer hostile to the mammoth, but Megnir and other sectors still are!

I am an Alien!
Admetes

Admetes avatar
Level badge Fightguey (6)
Posted 10 years ago.

ok that is weird, I am quite confused Dizzy

AlphanInfidel

AlphanInfidel avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 10 years ago.

Apologised to anything I could find in Megnir, (Had to sit around in SETA until some military.... 2 Yokohama's and a Tyr... showed up!) That allowed the mammoth to come along and place the station, but almost immediately a third Yokohama showed up and attacked the mammoth which I jumped to Argon Prime. Apologised to everything again, and they are all blue on the map, BUT the third Yokohama is red on the Gravidar! I lost 2% of Terran and ATF standing before I switched off the mammoth's turrets. Completely bewildered. Think I'll kill the Yokohama and apologise again. (Or launch wraiths and exit stage left.) Have saved but I'm not sure yet!

--------
Edit :- I didn't kill it, but sent a fighter to follow it. It's on full shields, but nearly dead. Is it possible that it's the remnant of some RRF force that was annoyed much earlier in the plot?

I am an Alien!
Admetes

Admetes avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

Edit :- I didn't kill it, but sent a fighter to follow it. It's on full shields, but nearly dead. Is it possible that it's the remnant of some RRF force that was annoyed much earlier in the plot?

hmm that might be it !

AlphanInfidel

AlphanInfidel avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 10 years ago.

I've noticed that my Terran/ATF rank keeps eroding rapidly............ this is a major drag! I know that I haven't done anything that would deliberately annoy them, and its very frustrating to have to do a few Terran missions daily just to sustain a level where I can buy things. The ship tailing the Yokahama was killed a few game hours ago by a Tokyo in Pluto, I'd expect a small loss from that, but not constantly. If I see Yokahama EM7F9-39 again it's going to be spacedust in the hope that it is the problem.

I am an Alien!
Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 10 years ago.

Try to get into the ship the Terran/ATF sees as hostile. Get close to the red ships an make them follow you through a gate. This has happened a few times to me for no apparent reason (and with different races) and when they followed me through the gate they went back blue and started patrolling normally again.

AlphanInfidel

AlphanInfidel avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 10 years ago.

Thanks, Sinxar! I'll give that a try, probably won't be as easy in a mammoth........ now, where did I leave that Turbo Boost?

Edit @Sinax :- This might take a while ........... everything Terran is red to one of my Mammoths! As I'm 'stinking rich plus +,' the quickest answer might be to shoot down my own mammoth! I'll still give your idea a go as it would be better to know just in case it happens again to a ship that is unique or of sentimental value.

Edit 2 @Sinxar :- I couldn't get the Tokyo to follow the mammoth through a gate and it was difficult to stay alive in such a cumbersome and large target! So I stripped it (my mammoth) of shields & weapons and shot it down myself. All blue again now without even having to apologise. I don't yet know if this has cured the reputation problem, time will tell.

I am an Alien!
AlphanInfidel

AlphanInfidel avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 10 years ago.

Foiled again, the Tokyo didn't follow me because it was killing my Zephyrus and the fighters it had! Massive reputation loss + the 4 ships.

Cashed in insurance policy....... went up to the Tokyo in the mammoth, everything red, ejected to leave it to be killed and then apologise .... but ..... EVERYTHING blue??????? Shift E, back in the mammoth.... Still blue, slight rep. loss, parked it at HQ never to use it again. Settled for doing frequent Terran missions for the time being until I've got everything I want from them..... then they'll pay for the mega hassles.

I am an Alien!
Zipmeister

Zipmeister avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

Is there any chance a ship docked on your mammoth has Friend/Foe settings that might be messing things up? Or a stolen ship. Im not sure those checks are even recursive like that but might be worth a quick look.

AlphanInfidel

AlphanInfidel avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 10 years ago.

@ Zipmeister .......... No docked ships in that Mammoth. The problem happened again and I used the same solution i.e. All RED ...... apologise to anybody listening ....... eject ....... board ship again ....... All BLUE. I have three other Mammoths, a Mobile MBS, and the Albatross from the plot so the offending Mammoth is now parked at HQ as a warehouse.

I am an Alien!

You need to log-in to post here.