Finally a Aran

Home Board Index » X3: Albion Prelude » Finally a Aran

Scott

Scott avatar
Level badge Specoguey (14)
Posted 10 years ago.

ok now I have Aran found one and board it.I could not bget my cobra to dock there so i left it. If i use the Aran to find other ship, seam to me the only way it is have two pt loaded with marines in the Aran then jump to the sector and look from there. am I missing something ? also I presume any ship I find will be able to dock in the unk sector on the Aran. I could not get my cobra to dock on the Aran in a unk sector. Other ideas?

AlphanInfidel

AlphanInfidel avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 10 years ago.

The Aran definately CAN dock the Cobra, or any other ship! Do you have a save game from inside the UFJD sector? I'd consider reloading because an equipped Cobra is a lot to pay! You may need to move the Aran away from rocks, asteroids etc.,(It is VERY slow) so that the cobra can manoeuver alongside......... better still use a docking computer.
P.S. Glad you got one, they can be useful, and they are unique.

I am an Alien!
Scott

Scott avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

I striped the cobra first ,besides the cobra was free from a return ship mission. I presume the reason it would not acknowledge it was it in a unk sector? I do not know do plan on putting a few m6 in hanger and a express full of marines and get other ships I SW there. A Osaka and a keyto I think. Make some cash off those so I can get a new cobra .Then I .need a brigenteen for sec. .defense.

Cachurro

Cachurro avatar
Level badge Skillguey (7)
Posted 10 years ago.

Congrats! The first thing to do is decide whether you will keep it or reverse engineer it at the HQ. It costs above 100 M CR to repair and top it's cargo hold, or it takes 4 game days to reverse engineer and rebuild it.
Last game I didn't RE it because there is little to do with more than one.

Scott

Scott avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

going to keep mine. plan on going unk hunting with it hope to find more goodies for it to bring home .

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 10 years ago.

I dont understand either, the Cobra should of been able to dock at the Aran. I had much bigger ships dock without a problem. Are you running any mods/scripts? When you gave the order, was the docking area of the Aran clear? it does take a long time for ship to dock with it.

Scott

Scott avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

I a using your ufjd script, us find free ships and the boy pack who,h has cls and MSN. I think the hot key script. I do plan on,checking docking before I use it again fly that purpose

Scott

Scott avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

Also I noticed that none of the empty ship showed up in radar or grav. Is that normal?

Ripskar

Ripskar avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 10 years ago.

I can assure you that a Cobra will dock on an Aran, did you have a Docking Computer?
Picture

Somewhere out there is a Cobra Mk III with my name on it.
It isn't mine, some rando actually wrote my name across the side of his ship...
Scott

Scott avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

Yes I have a docking comp I think the problem is I need to be in the ship.I am I. a unk sector now found and boarded a minotaur now trying get everything back on the aran.
Just got back from a unk sector. Took a mintinor back.I had to be in it for it to dock on the Aran. Had to do that all,ship ok a express hyperion ,did have the heavy centars follow me so lg EDT with four ships can back we with 5 not bad.Now how much for the m7?

You need to log-in to post here.