Outfitting the Hyperion

Home Board Index » X3: Albion Prelude » Outfitting the Hyperion

Cachurro

Cachurro avatar
Level badge Skillguey (7)
Posted 10 years ago.

Hi everyone. I have just boarded an Hyperion Vanguard and I will be using it as a player ship. What do you think is the best weapons loadout? In the back I prefer PAC. But for the (main guns)/(front turrets) I am not sure:
CIG/HEPT is what I have used until now. Not dependent on ammo and very easy on energy consumption. Fighters tend to escape the shots, though.
ISR/EBC is what I am considering, but the energy consumption turns out to be an issue. Compared with the CIG exactly all the extra energy consumed by the ISR (+1373) is also drained to the enemy but is overkill vs fighters and insignificant vs M2s. So the only scenario in which I find it preferable is against M7s with a lower weapon energy generator (NOT the Cerberus or Griffon). (M6s die easily with CIG)
PBG/HEPT is a short range option that can keep firing continuously. But I find the short range and low speed of the PBG rather uncomfortable for my taste.
Finally, I don't like the micromanagement of changing the main lasers for different targets, so I prefet to stick to one loadout.
What do you guys think?

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 10 years ago.

Well CIG's make smaller ships bounce around, making them harder to hit. Im not much of a fan of CIG's.

Another option is PAC's. Whilst they may not be great nor do massive damage, the power usage is bit easier to manage and they do a fair amount of damage to M4/M5's. PAC's can even can do some missile defence too.

HEPT's are a bit power hungry but tend to be good at M3, M6 size ships.

PBG's tend to cause too much trouble with friendly ships, unless in a hostile sector.

Scott

Scott avatar
Level badge Specoguey (14)
Posted 10 years ago.

I like 4 isr nose hept front turrets pac back

Seygantte

Seygantte avatar
Level badge Instruguey (13)
Posted 10 years ago.

The thing is with HEPTs is that they're not quite quick enough to catch smaller fighters. This game, I equipped my Hyperion with 8 PGBs and good lord, it becomes and anti fighter MACHINE. I can't wipe away M2s any more since the range is too short for me to dodge their fire, but it rips through anything smaller than an M7 like nobody's business. Many M7s are also short work if you can find the blind spot.

What I dislike about having 8 CIGs or ISRs, is that the reactor isn't enough to sustain them indefinitely. Once the battery is depleted, only 5 (I think) will be firing properly. I'm going to experiment mixing PBGs and CIGs, and assign them to weapon groups.

ಠ_ರೃ My monocle and I disapprove ♋

You need to log-in to post here.