Easy way to equip ships and manage fleets?

Home Board Index » X3: Albion Prelude » Easy way to equip ships and manage fleets?

Admetes

Admetes avatar
Level badge Fightguey (6)
Posted 10 years ago.

I am increasingly more frustrated at the moment with x3ap.

Specifically when you start arriving at a point where you want to equip and manage a lot of ship faster
and move them as one to a sector.
I cannot believe you need to set each ship one by one. The fact of using console so much is really annoying.

Lets make an example: I want to buy 10 Mistral Super Freighter from a shipyard in Legends Home. You buy them, you can equip part of the stuff they need from Equip 10 ships at once option at the shipyard menu.
Then I move them to another sector Light of heart to equip them with the rest and tune them.

First annoying thing only 5 can dock to a shipyard(and it doesnt make sense for me as I bought 10 at once and they were docked)... and whatever.. I made 2 fleets one docking at argon shipyard and the other at argon equipment dock. Then I see no option to equip them all at once and I am confused. Do you need to be in the same sector? or can you do it only when you buy the ship and then later you cannot?

Then you have to run around each ship to equip them, but ok that is acceptable.. what annoys me is how to send all ships to a sector by jumping? Do I have to set each ship with autojump option ? cant you do it as a whole fleet Q.Q?

Any advice? I am considering mods to go around that, as is becoming very annoying to manage group of ships.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 10 years ago.

Can you not equip multiple ships at the headquarters?

AlphanInfidel

AlphanInfidel avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 10 years ago.

Yes I think after the initial purchase you have to buy upgrades for each ship individually. 10 mistrals seems a lot, but anyway........ I start by jumping a freighter to Legends home full of energy cells, buy another 5 Mistral super freighters (Using equip 5 ships at once).... name or number each of the new ones ... share out the energy ... tell 4 to follow 'one' .... and jump the 'one' to each races' equipment docks in turn buying upgrades mosquitos, any spare weapons, missiles, etc., .... ending at Terracorp HQ for transporter device, jump to own HQ to deliver surplus gear, set up guns, missile defence and anything else I can think of.
Alternatively send a few Zephyrus or equivalent with lots of fighters to buy all the bits you want, but fighters can't buy the ore collection upgrade, and it is just as boring but a bit quicker!

I am an Alien!
Admetes

Admetes avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

I was doing loads of ground work for quite a lot of complexes.. and I needed some ships to move around mostly silicon . I am glad there is CLS makes things much easier.

I think at the moment I have 200 stations with about the same amount of ships. However I was and still doing major reworks to make sectors partly independant. Other stations I am starting to use instead of selling for personal use as I will need loads and loads of stuff in the nearby future. So far I am investing mainly in creating profitable stations so i can make more stations to make more stations...

@AlphanInfidel but by making the other follow, will they jump with him? Because I had many times problems with some commands where only 1 ship was jumping while others were doing all the long route. Does follow means "copy" command of the first ship?

Speaking of fighters in a magnatar or zephyrus etc etc.. I am actually doing that sometimes but mostly with jumpdrives. However I had some issues recently with auto....pilot.... I mean come on when they were docking they were flying inside the ship.. literally.. wtf..

Admetes

Admetes avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

P.S. Anyone have heard of Codea mod? or have you used it?

RobertSchafer

RobertSchafer avatar
Level badge Skillguey (7)
Posted 10 years ago.

I never go any where without the codea mod haha, great mod. It takes a little while to understand some of the finer parts of it such as tenders ect but it does have a good 'tutorial' on the download page!

---- X3ap Battlestar Galactica mod ----
Latest update: 06/01/2014.
Team recruitment: Texture artist
Mod updater/downloader via our website:
www.x-battlestar.com
Admetes

Admetes avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

YES!
Thanks Alphan the "follow" command did the trick, I guess protect does the trick as well. The ships jump as once and go together as a group...
MUCH easier and less time wasted.

About equip.. that is weird sometimes it gives the option sometimes it doesnt.. sometimes only 2 out of 10 can be equipped and so on. Perhaps I should buy 5 each time.. less hassle

RandomTank

RandomTank avatar
Level badge Assoguey (17)
Posted 10 years ago.

but fighters can't buy the ore collection upgrade
- AlphanInfidel

The Falcon Hauler's 353 space XL cargo bay says otherwise... Dog-garn it that ship is useful!!!

I will be the one to take you down!
AlphanInfidel

AlphanInfidel avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 10 years ago.

@ Admetes ........ surprised and pleased to be able to help!
@ RandomTank Good heads up! I'll be buying/REing them then......... mistral FE is easily the best trader but as per Admetes post it is too slow to equip them ...... and you might want to be doing something else!

I can't see why EGO has not simply gone in some of the directions that their very loyal fanbase may have enjoyed, (Maybe buying the rights to do so at great cost/very high reputation with each faction ... so that these things were only available at later game stages, and when you had bothered!)
e.g.............
1) Fully equipping ships at your own HQ.
2) Buying replacement UBER shields at OTAS.
3) Buying extra cargo space from the Boron's ......... (Or their equivalent of Terracorp.)
4) Extra speed from the Split.......... cf. 3
5) More manoeverability from........... FILL IN YOUR OWN GAPS! We have ALL got them.
Picture of 'smiley face' that melts, explodes in a blinding flash of light, and leaves a very bad smell!

I am an Alien!
redheart

redheart avatar
Level badge Eagleguey (11)
Posted 10 years ago.

How are you all reverse engineering ships? Is that another plot reward?

RandomTank

RandomTank avatar
Level badge Assoguey (17)
Posted 10 years ago.

Yup, a magical building called the PHQ, you get it from a plot that starts after you complete the Hub plot, so you have a while yet! I have the Marauder Shipyard mod, so I have bought one (for a cool 194 million!) as I need one and can't really be arsed to have to finish the Hub plot again to get one...

I will be the one to take you down!
Zipmeister

Zipmeister avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

For equipping, I have a raptor with 20 Spitfires. I miss out on the ore collection upgrade as that upgrade requires XL cargo space but the buggers are fast.
I jump em into Getsu Fune and send them in batches of 5 to each station in turn buying extensions untill all have made the circuit and have all the goodies. I load em up and hit Home of light for Bioscanner, Jumpdrive, Transporter Device.
It's a bit time consuming because it's so many at a time...
Much faster than doing with other ships individually though. When I need extensions I unload 1 or more spitfires where needed and follow/freight exchange the extensions and re-dock.
I use a Hyperion Vanguard for E-cell/Spitfire delivery. It's reasonably fast, cheap to operate and can carry a lot of E-cells. I swap out depleted spitfires to the carrier when done. and re-fill e-cells.
If I need more than one or two sets, I jump the carrier.

I find it most useful in Getsu Fune to target the destination station and use number keys to navigate the menu system. Dock with target is a time saving option that saves having to choose sector and station.
If memory serves correctly, I bring up sector map, click on destination station (T) to target it with my carrier.
Click on station (Or carrier) where the ships going to the destination are to originate from. (L)anded ships menu.
Highlight First ship in list (Enter) for the ship menu (C) for commands (1) Navigation (3)Dock with target.
This sends the ship to the next station. Enter, C, 1, 3 for the next ship to do the same. The commands for a group of 5 to go to the next station takes just a few seconds.
I will agree that buying stuff from the menu from each station for each ship in each batch of 5 is a bit of a chore however.

You need to log-in to post here.