Ship sizes

Home Board Index » X3: Albion Prelude » Ship sizes

FlashOver

FlashOver avatar
Level badge Tropguey (5)
Posted 10 years ago.

Hello all,

I love Roguey's ship information database. I know you can find pretty much all the info in the in-game enceclopedia, but this is much easier, sometimes the comments of you guys are very helpfull and I also like to see a picture of the ship when planning which one to buy. What I was wondering though, if anyone knows where you can find the ship's sizes. Especially for the bigger ships, the M7's, M2's, M1's, and TL's this is something I would love to see as an addition to the ship's database (for the smaller ship's it's "nice" but not much of an issue).

Generally, for the M7's, M2's, M1's, and TL's I guess you could say that the Argon are "normal" sized, the Split are usually "smaller", and the Boron and Teladi's are "huge". I'm not sure exactly where the other races fit in. Does anyone got more exact sizes of these type of ships?

Raptor

Raptor avatar
Level badge Instruguey (13)
Posted 10 years ago.

This is from X3TC but it should be the same as for X3AP, I hope it helps:
The front, the side and the top views, the orginal link is here. Smile

It does not matter what we were in the past but what we are now, what we do and what we are going to be, our destiny.
Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 10 years ago.

hi there, welcome to the forums Wave

as for the ship-sizes, this can be hard to code for a website. The reason is that the sizes is done by the actual model, so unless the site is going to start loading in 10-20mbs of model, then it cant actually know the full size of the ship.

oh btw, how is the flash animation for you? i know some people dont like it?

RandomTank

RandomTank avatar
Level badge Assoguey (17)
Posted 10 years ago.

Lol, I still love how the Pheonix is basically the longest ship in the game! And also that the Thresher is wider than most M2'S!!

I will be the one to take you down!
AlphanInfidel

AlphanInfidel avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 10 years ago.

@ Raptor......... Good link! I remember those pages taking me by surprise, but although 'flying' the ships makes a big differance, (compared to the Artificial lack of Intelligence) the pictures, when you factor in steering and speed, are a big help in realizing how it happens that when piloting some of those ships you simply can't dodge all the incoming shots.
@ Flashover ......... size isn't everything! A small profile is a big help, regardless of the length.

I am an Alien!
Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 10 years ago.

Geez, is it me or are those Khaak capitals (M1/2) very small?

FlashOver

FlashOver avatar
Level badge Tropguey (5)
Posted 10 years ago.

@Raptor
Hey, yeah, this helps a lot! Smile Nice to see those comparisons in one shot alright. I had hoped for some numbers but this does the same job, probably even better! Thanks!

I always felt the Boreas was big but yeah it is actually nice and small. Smile Gotta get me more of those, easier to fly around! A problem I have with my Megalodon for instance is that the range of the Flak Artillery is so close that it barely gets past the ship itself while all the fighters keep their distance.

@Roguey
As said I had hoped they would be just some numbers, easy to code manually. But by no means I'd like to set you up with days of work or lots of data to import! Smile I can perfectly make all compariosons with Raptor's answer and if I want I can sorta measure the "real" sizes with the scale availeble. However, I just wanted to get a global idea between the different big ships in the first place, not exact numbers.

I have no problems with the flash animation. I like it and works fine for me, both in Firefox and the Steam in-game browser. It gives me an idea what the ship looks like so I don't have to buy them blind.

Raptor

Raptor avatar
Level badge Instruguey (13)
Posted 10 years ago.

I've finished playing the game, lol, still I'm glad to help. Smile

It does not matter what we were in the past but what we are now, what we do and what we are going to be, our destiny.
FlashOver

FlashOver avatar
Level badge Tropguey (5)
Posted 10 years ago.

@AlphanInfidel
Yeah! With my Megalodon, with superiour statistics, I have to retreat pretty much after each battle. With my Boreas, being much smaller, I can just dodge most of the damage and keep on fighting! Big grin Loving him once again making it my favorite M2 again.

You need to log-in to post here.