Breaking Grounds gate trouble

Home Board Index » X3: Albion Prelude » Breaking Grounds gate trouble

ARI

ARI avatar
Level badge Tropguey (5)
Posted 10 years ago.

I can't locate this damn broken gate in UFJD sector. Only asteroids (giant, big, medium, small, micro, nano, pico, femto), battery crates, Arans and Xenons (even Xenon station once). I think it may be a bug, one bug already occured with 2 convoy mission, which cannot be completed if the freighters survive.
So, I'm trying to find a script solution, currently without success.

Sorry for my clumsy English, it's not my native language.

Kirlack

Kirlack avatar
Level badge Specoguey (14)
Posted 10 years ago.

Don't worry about your English, it's clealy good enough to convey what you're trying to say Big grin

I don't own AP yet, so this is kinda guess work from me, but have you looked into Roguey's Guide for the plot, found here?

Hopefully that will sort it out?

Madder than a Bastard on fathers day.
My DiDs: Peace(s) of Eight - Way of the Gun - Status: Online, A Xenon DiD
RandomTank

RandomTank avatar
Level badge Assoguey (17)
Posted 10 years ago.

Sorry to be awkward, but it's best to keep looking... Destroyed gates seem to be quite a rare spawn in UFJD sectors (well for me at least!), so keep hunting and you should eventually find one...

One thing I don't know is whether you could use a destroyed gate from inside the gate network, as there is a nice one in Midnight Star, and another in Brennan's Triumph; you could always try those, but I'm not the most confident that they would work...

I will be the one to take you down!
Kirlack

Kirlack avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

According to the guide, you must locate a gate from outside the regular gate network, as part of the mission. That's gonna be annoying as hell lol.

Having now read the whole guide....I find myself even more amped about playing AP....

RandomTank

RandomTank avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

I like it, the trade opportunities are more numerous and there are plenty of fun new ships to use!

I don't really like the combat though... Fighters didn't need a Hull boost and the Hull boost on Cruisers was too much.... On some it takes longer to bite through the hull than it does to take down the shields....
Also the missile spam.... the missile spam....

Gotta love the new plots though! Shady Business is awesome!

ARI

ARI avatar
Level badge Tropguey (5)
Posted 10 years ago.

In Heretic's End the broken gate is clearly visible from opposite side of the sector without spyglass. So I think that was a bug.

Kirlack

Kirlack avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

Yeah, sorry ARI, I missed how far into the plot you were :/

It looks as though you simply have to keep searching the UFJD sectors to find the broken gate, but you must be in a ship big enough to collect the broken gate (Roguey suggests a TL).

ARI

ARI avatar
Level badge Tropguey (5)
Posted 10 years ago.

I have a TL, and circling sectors, steering with SETA activated. About 20 attempts.

AlphanInfidel

AlphanInfidel avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 10 years ago.

The UFJD broken gate IS harder to spot than the ordinary gates.
I don't think there were any Xenon in the UFJD sector with the broken gate ...... if other people can confirm this then if you see Xenon jump back out and try another. As it's part of the plot, and things stop existing when you leave a UFJD sector, it may spawn again even if you miss it!
Do you have an earlier saved game?

I am an Alien!
ARI

ARI avatar
Level badge Tropguey (5)
Posted 10 years ago.

No. I already managed to destroy 50 Xenon ships and solve the Corporation problems after obtaining this mission.

Admetes

Admetes avatar
Level badge Fightguey (6)
Posted 10 years ago.

I had a TL with a scout ship inside with video enchantment googles installed.

I was jumping to UFJD sectors, zooming out with - on the numpad circling around the ship in all possible directions, then if there was something resembling an oddity I was going out with my scout: I found it after about 6 attempts.
The background was blue with a blue gate so it isnt very easy to find.

ARI

ARI avatar
Level badge Tropguey (5)
Posted 10 years ago.

zooming out with - on the numpad circling around the ship in all possible directions
- Admetes

Me too. Asteroids, asteroids, asteroids.

RandomTank

RandomTank avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

Target a big asteroid and you can zoom out a lot further in F2 mode...

You need to log-in to post here.