Problem with Race hostility

Home Board Index » X3: Albion Prelude » Problem with Race hostility

PedroRendas

PedroRendas avatar
Level badge Rookiguey (4)
Posted 10 years ago.

Hey guys first time i'm posting here but i really need your help. I just capped a Shrike on a pirate sector, as im using a cobra, and cant fire missiles untill a target is red, i did as i allways do, i pressed autopilot attack (turns the target red) and poceeded with my successfull boarding. after i noticed that all teladi sectors were red (but not attacking me on sight and i could get missions). So i checked my friends options and teladi was friendly.. odd! so i loaded a previous game and it seems that whatever ship i attack puts all the corresponding race in all sectors red immediately.. is this an option? im compleately lost! This of course id breaking my game...

Thanks in advance for your help!

Pedro

RandomTank

RandomTank avatar
Level badge Assoguey (17)
Posted 10 years ago.

Its usually that the owning race gets a little bit pissed at you stealing one of their ships, but they'll (usually) calm down quick, so leave it a while and they should turn blue. They shouldn't actually be hostile to you as your Race Rank with them is positive, yes? As a test, fly in one of their sectors and see if they attack you, if they don't (and they shouldn't do) just wait and they'll go blue.

Ooo, and by the way, a warm welcome to the Forum! If ever you need any help or tips about anything else, just slip us a question on the forum and someone will answer it for you! Big grin

I will be the one to take you down!
PedroRendas

PedroRendas avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

Thanks, ill try that. But even so i have been doing some testing, the weird thing is that if i attack any vessel in any place with the "autopilot attack" the whole race will turn red, but if i get a fighter and attack them with lasers , i can even destroy the ship and this wont happen , weird hum?
The problem is that when i'm flying my cobra, i dont have front lasers and i cant attack a ship with missiles before they're red, so there not really any other choice...

PedroRendas

PedroRendas avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

And yes my race rank is the second highest

Kirlack

Kirlack avatar
Level badge Specoguey (14)
Posted 10 years ago.

Open your ship's command menu, scroll down to the bottom. You might find that Teladi have been set to 'foe' by your decision to attack/steal one of their ships. Simply change it back to friend and you should be fine.

Madder than a Bastard on fathers day.
My DiDs: Peace(s) of Eight - Way of the Gun - Status: Online, A Xenon DiD
PedroRendas

PedroRendas avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

That was exactly it Kirlack! Thanks i was going mental Big grin the weird thing is that it was the first time this happened and i got like two weeks of solid gameplay.. anyhow im much relived! Thanks again! Big grin

Hammerit

Hammerit avatar
Level badge Stickguey (8)
Posted 10 years ago.

I sometimes have a rather odd rep problem too. I have positive rep with the pirate race and almost all of them show up as blue like they should and thus ignore me.

However every once in a while a Caravel comes along (which is blue too), but as soon as it gets near me it launches a bunch of hostile blastclaws. These then usually take potshots at me. Since they are all armed to the teeth with PBGs this kind of hurts. Last time it happened I checked my rep to their owner Race with a script and it was ~300 so they should neither launch fighters nor attack me (since I'm friendly). The icing on the cake of oddity is the caravel itself which remains friendly the entire time despite launching fighters against me.

Any ideas?

Kirlack

Kirlack avatar
Level badge Specoguey (14)
Posted 10 years ago.

There are always a few pirates that spawn hostile to you. Don't forget that the pirates aren't one 'race', they're a group of like minded individuals. Maybe you know one of their sisters? Wink

I've used the cheat package on occasion to put my pirate rep up to 10 million +, and you still get the odd hostile spawn Wink

Madder than a Bastard on fathers day.
My DiDs: Peace(s) of Eight - Way of the Gun - Status: Online, A Xenon DiD
Hammerit

Hammerit avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

Yeah I know there's the odd hostile pirate spawn. But I don't quite get it how the Caravels and why only the Caravels seem to be affected. Looks a bit buggish to me. Especially since I just found out that the odd hostile spawn only happens if the Caravel is currently inside a Pirate sector. If the same Caravel enters a none pirate sector and I fly next to it no fighters are ever launched ... If NPCs trigger the fighters to launch all fighters remain friendly (regardles of pirate sector or not).

RandomTank

RandomTank avatar
Level badge Assoguey (17)
Posted 10 years ago.

So i checked my friends options and teladi was friendly...

Oo sorry, by this I thought you meant that your IFF (the Friend/Foe options at the bottom of the Command Console) option for the Teladi was Friend, Oops!

Just a tip, if you set your IFF option for a Race to Foe, it will make all their ship and stations appear hostile (red), but actually aren't; this means that they won't attack you, but your turrets will attack them, so be careful.
So if you find another Shrike you want, just set the Teladi to Foe in your Command Console, you'll be able to launch missiles at him to your hearts content, as the missiles will recognise it as a hostile target! But remember to switch them back to friend afterwards, or your turrets could end up pissing off a Pheonix!!

I will be the one to take you down!
XCoelho

XCoelho avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

I had almost the same problem, I was doing a mission to destroy freighters in Albion Gamma, and the station and Beril lasertower became enemies ... My 3 lasetowers began to fight back and now the station is red and I cant dock the L to complete the mission (captured with sacrifice!)
What do I do now?

PS: Sorry for my bad English, google traslate is not perfect;)

Hammerit

Hammerit avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

Well you can always hack it if you're lucky enough to find a pirate base that's still alive and near enough to the system. The usual quick and dirty solution of destroying the station won't work because it's invincible during most of the plot. I'm not sure if non-factory stations reset hostility on their own in vanilla. If they do all you have to do is wait OOS for a while.

RolanDecoy

RolanDecoy avatar
Level badge Fightguey (6)
Posted 10 years ago.

As a sidenote, should you try to dock with a pirate station and it is set to friend, but it still appears hostile, yet docking is granted, disable your turrets, don't tell the to 'protect ship' just turn them 'none'. Had this problem in a number of occasions, just be sure that if you press Shift-D and it grants docking its not hostile regardless of the color displayed.

Pretty sure plot stations reset after a day or so game-time, assuming you removed / disabled your lasertowers...

You need to log-in to post here.