Space Run - Fast & Safe Delivery

Home Board Index » Steam » Space Run - Fast & Safe Delivery

Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 8 years ago.

Picture

Space run is an indie tower defense type game simply put. I picked it up on the Steam Summer Sale for about $7 USD. I looked at this game a few times in the past but didn't want to pay full price which is $15 USD.

I like tower defense, and I like space sci-fi games. This seems like a perfect combo. Basically you are a space runner and various corporations contact you to move their goods from a to b. You start with basic modules that you place on your ship that is a hex grid. There are many upgrades you can buy for your modules as well as many different types. From basic blasters and deathrays to shields and engines. You build new modules you have unlocked before the mission starts by collecting loot from destroyed objects and a gain over time. There are even boss battles in some of the missions to spice it up a bit.

One of the best features IMO is each mission (so far) has only been around 10 mins long. This allows you to do a quick run when you dont have much time.

It looks easy but some missions are quite challenging. As you would expect with a tower defense game, in a lot of cases you must balance firepower with speed to get the max reward.

Overall I find the game enjoyable, there does not seem to be any multiplayer function though. It is easy to get in to but complex enough to be challenging.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 8 years ago.

I think I saw that one on Steam, it looks alright but im not the biggest fan of tower-defence games. Im guessing unlike other tower-defence games, the ship travels forward motion rather than having defend a point on the map then scroll around. So the area is some-what smaller (as normally the area you defend does usually fit on one screen at once, meaning you have to scroll around)?

Im also guessing youre trying to defend something on your ship from getting destroyed? the little 'tanks'? or does the ship have some kind of hull?

thanks for posting, as its always interesting to see and read about other games Smile

Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 7 years ago.

Are you going to get Space Run Galaxy Roguey?

You seemed to enjoy the first one, this one looks OK as well. There are videos up on YouTube of it if you haven't seen them yet.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 7 years ago.

Are you going to get Space Run Galaxy Roguey?
- Sinxar

Not sure to be honest - I usually wait until the dust settles and check out the reviews and that. Just recently quite a few squeals havnt been all that great. I am not too sure if the online part will enhance it or not. Hopefully they have done something with modifying the ship - as it looks like they done something with it.

You need to log-in to post here.