Prison Architect

Home Board Index » Steam » Prison Architect

Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 8 years ago.

Has anyone else been playing this since it left early access on October 6th?

I know people who played it in the alpha but I decided to wait it out. I have to say it is surprisingly fun. The behaviour of the prisoners is what really sets it off I think. I did most of the campaign first to get a grasp on the basic then watched some of my favorite YouTubers lets plays of it to get a better understanding of game mechanics. Anyway here is an overview of my first 'real' prison.
Picture

The cell blocks are mirrored from this:
Picture

Death row with some very nice cells!
Picture

I went with this for the canteen. It is able to serve two cell blocks (there are two canteens).
Picture

This section was the base I created first. It wasn't until a few hours ago I added the rest.
Picture

Had a funny escape attempt recently. I did a shakedown at night and I caught the guy in the act of tunnelling out. He popped up inside the fence and made a run for the front gate. He got tased by at least 4 guards that were standing at the gates.

The prisoners also like to fight and destroy furniture in their cells. They also have a bad habit of killing snitches and ex-law enforcement. Not a safe place for those people for sure.

Again the game is really fun to play just to see what is going to happen next.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 8 years ago.

To be honest ive looked at that game a few times during its alpha status on Steam, but never got around to buying it. At that stage I didnt know if it been any good, quite a few games recently have been disappointments (so I passed). Now the game is out, I did heard its got some good reviews - which is always nice to see. Now the price has gone flying-up, its out priced itself for me. Maybe with the Christmas sales soon, it might be more in the price im willing to pay.

So gather you like the game? It kind-of reminded me of Theme Hospital somewhat but obviously with a prison setting. I gather there is a campaign mode, is there any sort-of other modes too? just that if the campaign mode gets a little boring, there is something else to do?

Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 8 years ago.

Yeah too bad about the price hike. I grabbed it while it was on sale for about $15 USD.

There is escape mode that I have not tried yet. People seem to love it. The bulk of the game is the sandbox mode. The campaign is very short and it seems to really only serve as a tutorial. It teaches you how to build, stop riots, use emergency services and things like that. It does let you play the campaign prisons indefinitely if you wish.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 8 years ago.

Well I guess if its on the Christmas sale, I might get it. The price hike is the thing stopping me at the moment.

If I remember the escape mode is where you play the role of the criminal, where you have to escape. Im not sure if you build a prison to do that, or use a pre-built one. But that sounded quite interesting to me.

With the campaign mode, is there anything like completing with certain criteria? ie. bronze, sliver, gold rewards? as I dont like them very much.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 7 years ago.

Well I decided to pickup Prison Architect, as its currently in the summer 2016 sale. Ive only played a couple of campaign levels, but it does seem pretty good so far. Im guessing the campaign levels basically introduce you to the game.

You need to log-in to post here.