Hotline Miami

Home Board Index » Steam » Hotline Miami

Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 7 years ago.

Picture

This is a game about being a hitman. I won't go into too much of the story. You answer the phone every day and somebody has a job for you. You just go there and kill everybody. Eventually strange things start happening and you go for revenge... or something like that.

You collect mask that give you special abilities, so far my favorites are the donkey mask that makes hitting people with doors lethal and the dog mask that makes dogs not attack you. I used the unicorn mask in the last two areas, that makes guns silent so you don't attract the targets.

Finished the first one today, I have to say it is surprisingly fun. I heard it was good but it is indeed quite addictive. You die a lot so don't let the video below fool you into thinking it is easy. It is the last attempt at each area that is shown, I tried to make it as seamless at possible but in reality there were at least 50 attempts at the first area, a good 30 tries on the final boss battle because I couldn't figure out what to do.

Overall very fun and recommended, there is a good variety of weapons and many ways to clear each area. Going to start on Hotline Miami 2 tomorrow I think. Although it has controller support, I highly recommend mouse and keyboard for this. The controller simply lacks the agility and precision of the mouse.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 7 years ago.

hi there, thanks for posting. Well, it looks interesting - running trying to kill everyone. I am glad to hear its not a cake-walk; too many games give you perks, boosts, etc. which make them fair too easy. I do enjoy a bit of challenge now and then. I did buy Doom the other day and put that on the hardest difficultly (unlocked from the start); so far its not been a big deal yet. Maybe it will get harder but unlocking perks in it seems to be making it easier.

With the steam sales currently on (with 75% discount) ill just pick-up the twin pack and give it ago. Sometimes its nice to go back to the 8-bit graphics from 4k and that.

Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 7 years ago.

Excellent! Glad you gave it a try.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 7 years ago.

Excellent! Glad you gave it a try.
- Sinxar

Ive been playing the first one for a bit now. I do kind-of like it - although I do feel like more could of been done with the stealth side of things. For example, you run into a room kill one of the guards and run away to hide. Another guard walks into the room and completely ignores the dead guard on the floor. You run in again and kill him. Its a shame that the guard doesnt react and changes his/her tactics. It would also been nice to drag bodies out of the way too.

I also find it a little unfair how they can shoot you when they are off-screen.

Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 7 years ago.

Yeah I thought that was a bit odd too. There can be a pile of corpses and they are just ignored.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 7 years ago.

hmm.. for some odd reason the game wont load up correctly in 4k now; it was working before. I guess ill switch it to 1080p which doesnt make a big difference. Its strange, as its look like its x4 bigger than the width of my screen.

Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 7 years ago.

Could be an SLI thing.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 7 years ago.

Could be an SLI thing.
- Sinxar

well I disabled SLI and the first screen displayed correctly but it still didnt want to start. I guess there is no need to run Hotline Miami in 4k anyway, 1080p is more than enough. thanks for the suggestion btw.

how far have you got with it btw?

You need to log-in to post here.