Avorion - Early Access.

Home Board Index » Steam » Avorion - Early Access.

Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 6 years ago.

Do you need to sell these goods yourself or will traders buy from it while you are out of sector?

After an unfortunate accident involving the high speed collision of a massive ship, I had to rebuild. Not the most awesome ship ever but I am happy with it, best thing i've ever built in this game. It is a fairly large ship but it is still small enough to fit through gates. Don't mind the paint, still working that part out.
Picture
Picture

jjhawk

jjhawk avatar
Level badge Markoguey (10)
Posted 6 years ago.

The ai traders buy from you, the closest ai faction that is.. So it is best to setup close to a faction... I also suggest setting up any big projects away from the center so you dont have to defend against the stupid xsotan every 5 seconds and if you are far enough away even pirates dont attack anymore..

I tend to make small ships, the biggest I use has 4 card slots and that is a cargo ship with 2500 cargo space.

Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 6 years ago.

How did you beat the bosses? Just a giant fleet of small ships?

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 6 years ago.

Well seeing you guys progress with the game, I decided to give it ago. However I havnt had much time with it atm. However looks pretty promising so far. Tried to build a ship, and wondered why the engines were facing the wrong way. I didnt see the green arrow Smile

jjhawk

jjhawk avatar
Posted 6 years ago.

@Sinxar, Fast small ship with long range weapons (made at turret factory) Rail guns with 12 range and over 1200 damage per gun... Got to the center with that and never bothered past that as I want to finish the campaign when the game is more complete..

And @ Roguey We need to setup a server for forum members once the faction stuff is sorted out properly and on stable branch...

Hey Roguey have you used LUA scripting language? It looks a whole lot like C to me.

Oh btw in beta there is a new weapon type called pulse cannons that peretty much ignore shields (think of mass drivers from x) and plasma weapons do like 300% damage to shields so start getting used to investing heavily in integrity generators, my ship has less than 20k shield anyhow Big grin

Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 6 years ago.

There was a huge argument on discord about that.

Turns out integrity generators increase block HP x10 but doesn't actually give your ship more HP. Just helps prevent blocks from being destroyed.

I think you know that though but that was news to me. I've always used them though, explains how my ship died last time but was still fully intact.

jjhawk

jjhawk avatar
Posted 6 years ago.

Yep it is just a matter of stopping your turrets getting popped while having full shields by these mass driver type weapons. If i take too much shield damage i retreat...

Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 4 years ago.

Avorion is scheduled to be released from early access on March 9th. No idea if there is a price increase or anything but they are already talking about DLC.

Here is the link to the announcement: https://steamcommunity.com/games/445220/announcements/detail/1701734189685976201

Some of the most recent features are really good, like the generator update. No more giant stick ships and stations! I'm messing around with it on the beta branch and it has shaped up fairly well.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 4 years ago.

good to hear! Im not a fan of when they start talking about DLC before the game has released. Looks like another game I need to check into again!

« 1 2

You need to log-in to post here.