Avorion - Early Access.

Home Board Index » Steam » Avorion - Early Access.

jjhawk

jjhawk avatar
Level badge Markoguey (10)
Posted 6 years ago.

Not sure if you have seen this Roguey, the dev is a huge X fan.. I am totally addicted to this game, it has the building aspects of games like from the depths (another great game) crossed with x2-x3..

Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 6 years ago.

I played a bit of it, never beat it though, just got too tedious flying the ship. The dev kept changing how the flying mechanics work and I just put it down until it comes out of early access.

The way you build your ships is quite cool though.

jjhawk

jjhawk avatar
Posted 6 years ago.

The next update is due soon, proper factions for multiplayer etc. When you say flying mechanics Sinxar do you mean the thruster changes? I have only had the game a couple of weeks and i don't find it hard to get my ships working the way I want them tbh.

Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 6 years ago.

Yeah he kept changing it there for a while not just the thrusters but the other parts like inertia stuff as well. It isn't that hard to make a ship that works it is always holding forward to move I find tedious. Its like flying across a sector in X3 with no SETA and you have to actively control the ship the entire way. If that isn't fixed yet maybe there is a mod that adds that basic functionality.

It is a cool game though. Last time I played I went with a pure armor tank ship. Worked surprisingly well but OFC once you get shields you are unkillable. Game needs a lot of work still.

Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 6 years ago.

I forgot to ask, do you have an empire built up?

I just read the last dev update and looks like they are addressing the "shields make you unkillable" thing I mentioned before. Thats pretty awesome, and they are fixing fighters. Fighters are so cool but dying in a single hit was a bit much considering the price.

Glad they are addressing some of my gripes with the game, shaping up nicely overall.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 6 years ago.

Looks pretty interesting; it reminds me a little bit how you would create X2 ships. So I gather you build a ship with resources to complete quests/missions? do you keep the same ship although through-out the game? or is per level? be interested to hear more about it!

jjhawk

jjhawk avatar
Posted 6 years ago.

Sinxar:- What you speak of is future updates.. The new huge update is due and is being tested now yipee https://www.avorion.net/forum/index.php/topic,3471.0.html (Yes I agree about having to hold accelerate 24/7)

And Roguey you need this game.. Roguey Avorion mod anyone? You can do pretty much do everything you can in x, make factories etc, but has some random elements and roleplay and its built for multiplayer from the word go, check the updateI posted you will be able to drive a ship and a friend use the guns.... Me and Gomorragh always wanted that for x... BTW Gomorragh has Avorion too.

Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 6 years ago.

I forgot to ask, do you have an empire built up?
- Sinxar

????

I'm curious because i've never seen anyone actually do it. The let's plays I watched when I first got the game were all "single ship rush the end" type deals. I did get to see fighters in action but I want to see where people setup stations and fleets. Got any good pics?

jjhawk

jjhawk avatar
Posted 6 years ago.

I have a save with lots of factories if thats what you mean Sinxar. It can be done, but you need to make the factories only have small cargo and use very few workers (use stone blocks they need no upkeep) I have usually 4 mechanics at most to avoid the crew pay going through the roof.... BTW that bug will be fixed where you are paying 3 times the salary for crew members. (I also use a mod called haul goods for maintaining the factories) Somebody has made an x3 complex mod, but it does not work with haul good as yet

Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 6 years ago.

Any tips you want to share for a noob? Maybe along the lines of "things I wish I knew when I started playing" or something?

Poke

Here is my crappy starter trade and salvaging ship.
Picture

Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 6 years ago.

I do have a question for you. I typically just sell the asteroids that I claim. Should I be doing that or keep them? It does give decent rep if your relations suck with the local factions.

Another question. I basically built a superfreighter for trading and I don't want to scrap it to build another ship. Where do you put ships you are not currently flying so they stay safe?

Droidling

Droidling avatar
Level badge Rookiguey (4)
Posted 6 years ago.

When you buy the new ship you have an option to store the old ship or sell it. Storage is free. If you want to use that ship again you can return to the station, or you can have it transferred to whatever station you are currently at. Go to the shipyard and select the "Stored Ships" tab at the top. There is a fee for the transfer, that I believe is based on the value of the ship and the distance you are from the port it was stored at.

Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 6 years ago.

When you buy the new ship you have an option to store the old ship or sell it. Storage is free. If you want to use that ship again you can return to the station, or you can have it transferred to whatever station you are currently at. Go to the shipyard and select the "Stored Ships" tab at the top. There is a fee for the transfer, that I believe is based on the value of the ship and the distance you are from the port it was stored at.
- Droidling

How do you do that without buying a ship from the shipyard? I just tried it and there was never any option to store my ship. It just built it and thats it. I don't see any stored ships tab at all.

Picture

This is all that is on my shipyard, are you using mods?

jjhawk

jjhawk avatar
Posted 6 years ago.

I had no idea about a storage feature at shipyards myself it sounds handy, but the only place you can sell a ship is a scrapyard In vanilla as far as I was aware.

I will answer the question you asked though:- a) Selling asteroids is a great way of making money, the closer to the center you are the more reputation and money they are worth, bear in mind factions give better money the higher your reputation is. An example is selling an asteroid with max reputation with a faction at the barrier can net you almost 500k per asteroid. This is how I get money to start off my station building empire Smile

I am running beta at the moment with the factions update, it also means your stations run while you are away from the sector like it would do in an x game. You can convert your ship from iron to trinium etc with a single click of the button In build mode...

jjhawk

jjhawk avatar
Posted 6 years ago.

Sinxar there is no point having a ship hanging around doing nothing having to pay its wages (In build mode) just turn off safe mode then highlight the whole ship and press delete to get all your resources and money back.. You can always make it again later In build mode from the stored blueprint.

jjhawk

jjhawk avatar
Posted 6 years ago.

This is jjhawk's station building advice or guide on how not to loose profitsssss the Teladi way..

a) Start a game In creative mode and goto the shipyard and make a station founder.

b) Move to quiet part of the sector and build your station (still as a ship) The station should use no more than 4
level 1 mechanics to begin with. Remember each trained mechanic is 1.5 workforce so your station should end up
requiring 6 mechanics although you are using just 4 and not needing crew quaters etc. The station should mostly
be storage. (remember to combine all storage into a single block to maximize its storage.

c) Found your ship into water making station and go then add docking to the front of the station using stone blocks to
give distance to your station. Add a thin layer of integrity between the docking and the stone to avoid damage on
ai trader collisions.

d) This should be your blueprint for every station, use stone blocks add ballast and hp to your station as it does not
require any mechanic upkeep so it can be as big as you like its also very cheap.

e) (Optional) repeat above and found another station, goto build mode and apply the bluepring from the water station
it does not matter what kind of building it is, the stupid extra stuff that comes with solar power plants etc are
not needed and do not effect your building in any way. Now extend this buildings storage to require 10 mechanics
although we are just using 4... Now this blueprint is saved and applied to your stations once all your mechanics
on a station have reached level 3 .... Smile

May profffitttsss be with youuuuu

1 2 »

You need to log-in to post here.