Steam sales!

Home Board Index » Steam » Steam sales!

bozo64r

bozo64r avatar
Level badge Miltaguey (15)
Posted 11 years ago.

Has any one taken advantage of the steam sales this year? I myself have purchased so far... (probably more to come)
> Sim City 4
> FTL: Faster than Light
> Evochron Mercenary
> Command and Conquer 3
> Saints Row: The Third
> Universe Sandbox

Edit: Just ordered Miner Wars 2081.

Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 11 years ago.

Didn't realize there was a sale on lol. I never look because i'm flat broke. Still, nothing worth buying is up that is in my price range(0 - $5). Its a rare occurrence that a good game drops to that price while on sale but it does happen... so i'll continue to wait patiently.

There was a game I wanted but for the life of me I can't remember what it was. I thought it was FTL but its not. Dark Souls is also on sale. I would love to get that but still too pricey ATM. Need a 75% off before I would even consider buying it.

ed: Endless Space is the name of the game I want. Its on sale too if anybody is feeling generous lol. I watched a LP of it. It seems like a good large scale RTS with excellent replay value.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 11 years ago.

I was looking at getting Sim City 4, although it was marked by the community that it could go to 75% (which I guess would of made it £2.50). However it didnt, so I left it as I have old copy somewhere - just would be been easier.

as for the sales, well I did get Portal 1/2 and DOTA2 (thanks to sender). I was looking at Arkham City too, but was kindof out-off when it said it required a Live account. I remmeber having fun with that in GTA4, where it wouldnt let you save otherwise. I also have it on the PS3 too.

Kind-of a bit of a trouble for me, I do have games on the PS3 too, such as borderlands 2, darksiders 2 etc. So many games to play, not enough time Keyboard typing

There been some great games for sale!

bozo64r

bozo64r avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

I was looking at getting Sim City 4, although it was marked by the community that it could go to 75% (which I guess would of made it £2.50).
- Roguey

You must have missed to 75% off, In the initial sale it was at 75%, it went down to 50% and was but to the vote. I got it pretty cheap at 75% off.

ed: Endless Space is the name of the game I want. Its on sale too if anybody is feeling generous lol. I watched a LP of it. It seems like a good large scale RTS with excellent replay value.
- Sinxar

I've been looking into that, I want to get it, but it's one of those i'm not sure on.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

You must have missed to 75% off, In the initial sale it was at 75%, it went down to 50% and was but to the vote. I got it pretty cheap at 75% off.
- bozo64r

Ive been noticing that a lot on steam. Its like 75% off at the start, then goes back to like 25%, then like a community vote for like 50% or 75%. They really do seem to mess around with the sale prices this year!

I would had got Sim City at 75% off, shame I missed it. I would also look at Terraria although you dont know if steam will do some massive discount sooner or later (usually happens after I buy something).

:nuts

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

Yay, just added Sim City 4 to my list - its now got 75% back off it Smile

bozo64r

bozo64r avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

Nice, you can never get bored of sims games! :P

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

Never really played many other sim games, other than sim city. I used to play it when it was made by maxis quite a few years back. When does this sale end? Like on 5th jan or something?

bozo64r

bozo64r avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

Yes it's January 5th.

I love the Sims games, i've played all of 'The Sims' and with Sim City i've played one and four deluxe Big grin
There is so much to do you can't get bored.

OliasOfSunhillo

OliasOfSunhillo avatar
Level badge Fightguey (6)
Posted 11 years ago.

I hate these Sales!
Bought:-
Dark Souls €20
Batman Arkham Asylum GOTY €5
Just Cause 2 €5
Monkey Island & Monkey Island 2 €5
Assassins Creed 2 €5
and:
The Mumbo Jumbo Collection 25 Games for €27 for the wife!
Jeez I'm going to turn Internet off for the summer one!

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

sounds like you got some good games olias, so you shouldnt hate them for such good deals Smile

You need to log-in to post here.