LTI services - info for new Star Citizen backers

Home Board Index » Star Citizen » LTI services - info for new Star Citizen backers

Lorn

Lorn avatar
Level badge Tropguey (5)
Posted 10 years ago.

I recently became a Star Citizen backer and I quickly became aware of the fact that original backers (who had registered before July) had some advantages when buying game packages and ships. The most obvious advantage is that they get lifetime insurance (LTI) for all ships they buy (for new backers it is between 2 and 6 months). You can renew your insurance in game for a fee once the game goes live but I can see that being a hassle.

Original backers also get cheaper prices on many of the packages; for example a Digital Colonel would now cost $125 but an original backer can purchase the same package (with LTI) for $110. Importantly for prospective pirates; they can no longer buy a Drake Cutlass package that comes bundled with a digital copy of the game and alpha/beta access like original backers can for $110. They will have to buy a digital mercenary pack and a pirate pack for $140.

There is a way for new backers to access LTI packages; you just need a friendly original backer to help you out. If you buy ships and packages with an RSI account they can be be melted for in store credit and also gifted to another player. So basically you buy a package(s) worth the same, or slightly higher, as the LTI package you want and then gift it to a original backer who will then gift you back your requested LTI package. Obviously this requires some level of trust and there is the danger of scammers so you need to be careful.

Personally, I was helped by a fella called Dusty Lens who is helping dozens of new players out, I have included a link to his forum thread on the RSI community forums below. Read his posts carefully if you want to take him up on his kind offer. He is doing this for the good karma; he is not making any money and you can read plenty of good testimonials in the thread.

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/31435/lti-and-middleman-services-new-backers-inquire-within

Hopefully that all made some sense.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 10 years ago.

hi there lorn Wave

well I do find the amount of packages for SC a bit confusing at times. I guess I have LTI too, since I am a veteran backer?

although its good to see there are people willing to help others out, but I would of thought this will be temporary thing? before SC stop people from doing it?

Lorn

Lorn avatar
Level badge Tropguey (5)
Posted 10 years ago.

Hi Roguey

Assuming you created your RSI account prior to July 6th, then yes, your are a veteran backer and therefore have access to the original packages on offer. To make sure you can check your ship details in the My Hanger section of the RSI site to see if you have lifetime insurance.

This is a temporary thing. From 26/11/2013 veteran backers will no longer be able to purchase ships with lifetime insurance. If you intend to get another ship I suggest you do it before then. I have added another link to an insurance FAQ.

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/20100/life-time-insurance-lti-faq

The SC people do not have a problem with these kind of trades. Just so long as you are not using the RSI community forums to make money by doing it via charging people or scamming.

I forgot to add; if you check out the third post on the first page of the link in my original post there is a side by side comparison of all of the old LTI packages and the ones that can be purchased by new backers.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

Ah, its good to hear about LTI. When I did it, I was told it was only for 3 months or something. Well, atleast I can crash into things without worrying.

I forgot to add; if you check out the third post on the first page of the link in my original post there is a side by side comparison of all of the old LTI packages and the ones that can be purchased by new backers.

hmmm, hard to know which post you are talking about. I did scroll through and saw a link to insurance-faq-and-update/, although that link leads to 404 (page not found), I guess thats the wrong post? Third post on page 1 is by R'C - which is a place-holder? Confused

Lorn

Lorn avatar
Level badge Tropguey (5)
Posted 10 years ago.

I have copied and pasted the post I am talking about below. It just shows you what the veteran backers can buy as opposed to what new backers can.

I saved $30 by having Dusty Lens trade me a digital LTI pirate pack.

New Prices
Original Backer Prices

Digital Scout - $30
RSI Aurora
1,000 Game Credits
2 Month Insurance
Squadron 42 Digital Download
Star Citizen Digital Download

Digital Scout - LTI - $35
RSI Aurora
1,000 Game Credits
Alpha Access
Beta Access
Lifetime Insurance

Digital Mercenary - $40
RSI Aurora
1,000 Game Credits
Beta Access
Alpha Access
3 Month Insurance

Digital Mercenary - LTI - $40
RSI Aurora
1,000 Game Credits
Beta Access
Alpha Access
Lifetime Insurance

Aegis Dynamics Avenger - $60
Aegis Dynamics Avenger

Aegis Dynamics Avenger - LTI - $60
Aegis Dynamics Avenger
Lifetime Insurance

Digital Bounty Hunter - $65
Origin 300i
2,000 Game Credits
4 Month Insurance
Digital Game Soundtrack
Digital Star Map
Digital Star Citizen Manual
Beta Access
Alpha Access

Digital Bounty Hunter - LTI - $60
Origin 300i
2,000 Game Credits
Lifetime Insurance
Digital Game Soundtrack
Digital Star Map
Beta Access
Alpha Access

Pathfinder - $75
Origin 315p Explorer
2,000 Game Credits
4 Month Insurance
Digital Game Soundtrack
Beta Access
Alpha Access
Digital Star Map

Pathfinder - LTI - $75
Origin 315p Explorer
2,000 Game Credits
Lifetime Insurance
Digital Game Soundtrack
Beta Access
Alpha Access
Digital Star Map

Arbiter - $80
Origin 325a Fighter
2,000 Game Credits
4 Month Insurance
Digital Game Soundtrack
Digital Star Map
Beta Access
Alpha Access

Arbiter - LTI- $80
Origin 325a Fighter
2,000 Game Credits
Lifetime Insurance
Digital Game Soundtrack
Digital Star Map
Beta Access
Alpha Access

Pirate Pack - $100
Drake Interplanetary Cutlass
Docking Collar
Tractor Beam
Blackbeard Skin

Digital Pirate - LTI - $110
Drake Interplanetary Cutlass
Tractor Beam
Docking Collar
Digital Game Soundtrack
Digital Star Map
Lifetime Insurance
Beta Access
Alpha Access
2,000 Game Credits

Digital Colonel - $125
Anvil Aerospace Hornet
Beta Access
Alpha Access
5,000 Game Credits
6 Month Insurance
Digital Star Map
Digital Game Soundtrack
Digital Squadron 42 Manual

Digital Colonel - LTI - $110
Anvil Aerospace Hornet
Beta Access
Alpha Access
5,000 Game Credits
Lifetime Insurance
Digital Star Map
Digital Game Soundtrack
Digital Squadron 42 Manual

Digital Freelancer - $125
MISC Freelancer
5,000 Game Credits
6 Month Insurance
Digital Game Soundtrack
Digital Star Map
Digital Engineering Manual
Beta Access
Alpha Access

Digital Freelancer - LTI - $110
MISC Freelancer
5,000 Game Credits
Lifetime Insurance
Digital Game Soundtrack
Digital Star Map
Digital Engineering Manual
Beta Access
Alpha Access

Rear Admiral - $275*
RSI Constellation
6 Month Insurance
Deluxe Silver Collector's Box
Spaceship-shaped USB Drive
CD of Game Soundtrack
Glossy Fold-up Star Map
5 Spaceship Blueprints
3 Inch Model of Spaceship
Hardback Making-of Star Citizen
Beta Access
Alpha Access
10,000 Game Credits

Rear Admiral - LTI - $250
RSI Constellation
Lifetime Insurance
Deluxe Silver Collector's Box
Spaceship-shaped USB Drive
CD of Game Soundtrack
Glossy Fold-up Star Map
5 Spaceship Blueprints
3 Inch Model of Spaceship
Hardback Making-of Star Citizen
Beta Access
Alpha Access
10,000 Game Credits

*There doesn't seem to be a digital download version of the non-LTI rear admiral package.

redheart

redheart avatar
Level badge Eagleguey (11)
Posted 10 years ago.

Ok, so I may be able to swing the 60.00 for this but how should we proceed? Should I just purchase it on the site or should I ask someone here to help me if we can do that? This is where I am lost at.

Lorn

Lorn avatar
Level badge Tropguey (5)
Posted 10 years ago.

So you want the Digital Bounty Hunter LTI pack for $60; you cannot purchase it yourself. You need to open an account on the RSI site and buy something of equal value. In this case you can buy an Aegis Dynamics Avenger ship for $60. You then need to wait for 24 hours (there is a 24 hour wait imposed before you can redeem the ship for store credit) and then transfer the ship (the option is in the 'My Hanger' section of the RSI site) to a friendly original/veteran backer. Once transferred they can exchange your Aegis Dynamics Avenger for $60 in store credit and purchase a Digital Bounty Hunter LTI pack which can then be immediately transferred to you account. By doing this you will save $5 and get lifetime insurance in game for your Origin 300i ship rather then just 4 month in game insurance.

With regards to the friendly original/veteran backer anyone who registered with RSI prior to July can help you. Presumably there are some regulars on this site who might be willing to help you out. If not then you can ask Dusty Lens who I mentioned in the original post to help you.

Btw in order to transfer ships/packages you will need to know the RSI handle (not community moniker or login ID) associated with the account you are transferring to and they will need to know you handle to transfer the package back.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

I guess that involves some trust on both parties. I wouldnt know what to do, nor want the responsibility encase something went wrong (especially after reading the above). There are two packages on the site, the $30 or the $60 would give you a copy of the game (the higher one giving you access to the alpha and beta). Am I right that the Digital Bounty Hunter LTI would just give you life-time insurance? although thats probably worth a bit in-game. It depends how much you want to spend on SC and how quickly you want to play it.

redheart

redheart avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

You are right, it would be a deep trust trade. I am not sure if I am wanting to risk that either. We will be able to purchase insurance in game for our ships, not lifetime I know, so I may just think about it. And I would really like to try out the Alpha and Beta so I may get the $60.00 account.

Lorn

Lorn avatar
Level badge Tropguey (5)
Posted 10 years ago.

Yes; there is an element of trust. Having read the pages of testimonials to Dusty Lens in the forum thread I posted and because of the fact that the RSI moderators have not deleted the thread (if there had been anyone ripped off it certainly would have been) I decided that it was a small risk worth taking. I am now the proud owner of a Drake Interplanetary Cutlass with lifetime insurance and I also saved myself $30.

Hopefully I have explained this process well enough for any new star citizen backers on this site to make an informed choice.

Btw redheart; the cheapest way to get alpha/beta access (if you don't go the LTI route and get a Digital Scout LTI pack for $35) is to buy a Digital Mercenary Pack for $40. You can see this pack by clicking on the 'New Backers' link in the pledge store of the RSI site.

redheart

redheart avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

I clicked the link but it took me to the All Categories forum. Where is the thread located? I would like to try and get in touch with Dusty since you refer him. Ok I found the thread by doing a search for his name. I will shoot him an email and see if he is still available to help out. I would love to get the older account.

What package did you decide to go with Lorn?

So he replied back with an email. I am not sure exactly what this mean lol, so here is his reply.

"I'm afraid that the ability to grandfather people into older account status, such as original or veteran, was lost when we switched to the new website in late June. Unfortunately the best I can now do is use the store credit I glean from reclaiming packages to buy LTI versions of the ships/packages that people are looking for. That being said, if you're willing to bear with me, I'll turn my email over to one of my incredibly impersonal but information packed template responses. I simply wished to address the point of grandfathering before doing so."

He is not taking any more trades until after the tenth of October due to the SC Anniversary. He doesn't want people to change their minds when he has their ships in his hold. So after the 10th he is willing to assist.

Lorn

Lorn avatar
Level badge Tropguey (5)
Posted 10 years ago.

I don't know why the link didn't work for you; it works fine for me.

I got the Digital Pirate LTI pack. I love crude/aggressive looking ships and being an X3 player I wanted a fighter with a turret (not that I expect you will be able to chuck a mass driver on it and activate a missile defense script...). Plus the Cutlass also looks like it will make a decent smuggler; which is something I enjoy doing in these kinds of games. It cost me $110; but that's just a good night out to me so I am willing to spend it on a game that I will probably spend hundreds of hours playing.

Dusty Lens comment means he cant transfer original/veteran backer status to you; just the ships/packages that he has access to. I can understand why he is holding off on doing trades at the moment. CIG have a lot planned during the anniversary and will probably release lots of ships for purchase. They are usually very expensive though; they allowed people to buy a Drake Caterpillar the other weekend for $225.

citizendan

citizendan avatar
Level badge Rookiguey (4)
Posted 10 years ago.

Hello everybody, I'm Daniel, an original backer of Star Citizen. I know this game since June 2013. I can also offer the conversion service to LTI, as I alreay did multiple times on ebay for a fixed fee. Now I offer it here for free to help new backers get lti too Smile You can check my rating on ebay for these transactions: http://myworld.ebay.ca/dansgreat22

I offer this service to people to get a higher spending rating on Star Citizen. I will refund you the price difference in store credits (the price I pay for a pledge is less than the price you paid for your non-lti one as posted earlier here). I will gladly accept tips from you guys if you decide that having LTI is worth it Wink

(You must log in to view this content)

I'm available to help you choose the best pledge for you also.

Mauzi

Mauzi avatar
Level badge Skillguey (7)
Posted 10 years ago.

Dunno the guy above, but in another thread is a guy named TRON who has been successfully worked with. Worked like a charme and reaction time was super fast due to using a PM tool instead of mail.

No matter your choice, please note that today (26th) is the last day to send over the gift ship for the exchange, which with timezone differences should allow for about 28h at least - the time when your LTI helper buys your LTI version counts, so delays on his side must be considered as well.

Also, don't forget that you must own a purchase at least 24h before you can gift it - so, make haste or forget about it.

You need to log-in to post here.