Would you join a Roguey's SC guild?

Home Board Index » Star Citizen » Would you join a Roguey's SC guild?

Raptor

Raptor avatar
Level badge Instruguey (13)
Posted 10 years ago.

Yes Mauzi you're right I understand your interest, indeed a multiplayer space game sounds so interesting to me too, but what if the game isn't going to be as we're expecting it to be (or maybe even worse)?! yeah I know I'm not too optimistic right now but since what we have seen about the other game (X Rebirth I mean), how could I plan on things too early and I'm not so sure if I'm even going to play the game anyway?

It does not matter what we were in the past but what we are now, what we do and what we are going to be, our destiny.
Mauzi

Mauzi avatar
Level badge Skillguey (7)
Posted 10 years ago.

Haha, well... looking at XR and other failures I know what you mean. But then, forming a decent group of fellows for a certain guild theme can be used for any other game too. As per such I wouldn't mind to keep this an open group that looks forward to playing SC later, while being sane enough to resort to altervative games if must be.

Wonder if that works for people here ? Or - since there's basically not many alternatives for the space setting - is that not an option ? What ya say ?

Raptor

Raptor avatar
Level badge Instruguey (13)
Posted 10 years ago.

Well, as you said, since there's basically not many alternatives for space games (espesially when considering the multiplayer ones), so simply if I'm going to play any such games anytime then I'd be happy to join the guild with you guys.

It does not matter what we were in the past but what we are now, what we do and what we are going to be, our destiny.
YittriumOxide

YittriumOxide avatar
Level badge Rookiguey (4)
Posted 10 years ago.

I like how you organized Star citizen ships with X3 designations C6 Interceptor etc.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 10 years ago.

@YittriumOxide well I started back-way on that section, it basically needs to be re-done now. However with SC being so far off, a lot could change.

@Raptor that would be great, thanks!

Bossie

Bossie avatar
Level badge Tropguey (5)
Posted 10 years ago.

If you'll be happy to accept an almost fulltime rookie, I would also like to join the guild.
I have played some WC years ago and simply loved Freelancer. I for one believe CR can make a success of Star Citizen.
Even if he can deliver only 50% of his promises initially, I am sure the transparent way he is going about it and the input he accepts from the community, will lead to at least another 25%. For the rest there is always the modding fans to help out. Nod
I may be too optimistic and it may be desperation, but it is the only worthwhile-looking spacegame for the forseeable future imo. Smile

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

hey bossie, of-course anyone is welcomed to join. I am not planning to have a organisation requiring hard-core players, where's the fun in that? Myself im a bit of a newbie to Chris Roberts games, but am eager to learn with the rest of you guys. You can find a link to organisation; on the SC site by clicking on the ORG button (at the top of the page). The general aim is to have fun Smile

stoon

stoon avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

If you guys don't mind someone not playing everyday and a bit limited to late hour playing I'd be happy to join in.
The game surely looks to have a lot of potential and diversity but we'll have to wait and see what becomes reality.
Ultimately it's like Roguey mentioned, it's all about having fun.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

Stoon, thats fine - I wouldnt ask people to spend every waking hour in-game Smile

I think if an organisation is that strict, then its no fun.

Mike_slain3

Mike_slain3 avatar
Level badge Skillguey (7)
Posted 10 years ago.

if its that strict its also no fun for the people running it. constantly having to try organize and nag people and such.

we'll organize some events now and then and most likely have lots going on outside of anything organized. remember that ships could do with crew too so i think if im heading out to smuggle some goods to a distant world i might like to advertise for crew members, gunners, pilots, navigators, sensor systems operators, marines to combat boarding parties, and ofc wingmen!

gives me an idea; doctors get paged when they're needed. could we have some sort of system like that? a msg pushed to our smartphones? email/text msg or something.

Picture
Bossie

Bossie avatar
Level badge Tropguey (5)
Posted 10 years ago.

@Mike_slain3
I think it is a good idea. Maybe even like a general billboard for anyone to ask or offer help in general gameplay, with a seperate section for guild event recruitment.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

Its all possible to do, when a person gets added to the user-group here, then things like that could be done.

Ferenczy66

Ferenczy66 avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

I had thought about SC, currently..I'm far more interested in ED.

That being said, I always look forward to well defined guidls, but I tend to gravitate towards "Piracy themed" guilds as that more suits my play-style.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

Well for me the biggest thing; is how far SC is. I mean, I dont think its due to the end of this year? might even get pushed back further? for me thats a lot of time for things to change.

Ferenczy66

Ferenczy66 avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

True...my bigest worry is gonna be the system requirements...and i have a high-middle range gaming pc..

if the graphics are as great in the final product...it's gonna take a beast of a
machine to run it, online with a killer connection

« 1 2 3 »

You need to log-in to post here.