Star Citizen - New Damage Model

Home Board Index » Star Citizen » Star Citizen - New Damage Model

Orbot

Orbot avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 9 years ago.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/14568-Design-The-New-Damage-System

"As you read this, Arena Commander 1.1 is hitting the PTU [persistent universe], and we expect to make it available on the live server in the very near future. Once we pass that milestone, it’ll be time for the first public release of FPS… so stay tuned, exciting things are coming!"

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/14563-Monthly-Report-February

Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 9 years ago.

(You must log in to view this content)

That does look pretty awesome and detailed. (the damage models I mean)

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 9 years ago.

looks very interesting indeed. At first I thought it was just like a texture change, but the later demos showed the stripping of the ship. I wonder how much they will allow the ship to be reduced before exploding.

as for the free ship, congratulations. Which card did you buy?

Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 9 years ago.

the r9 280 back in june or july or something like that.

It is funny because even if the game fails somehow, the new generation of game systems are being invented. AFAIK nothing else even comes close to this type of damage simulation. Looking forward to see what else they come up with.

Orbot

Orbot avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 9 years ago.

It is funny because even if the game fails somehow, the new generation of game systems are being invented.
- Sinxar

Exactly, the has done great job no matter if it "fails". This enormous and detailed game just can't be polished and perfect in all corners (... or can it?) but that's totally fine to me at least. This kind of things happens when you have no publisher teasing you and no console specifications slowing you down.

Orbot

Orbot avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 8 years ago.

Ship Repair and Maintenance: Learn how Repairs will be integrated into the game

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 8 years ago.

geez, that looks rather daunting at first, I can see they gone into a lot of detail. I wonder if this level detail may even put people off? I know we dont want SC turning into a console game, but if its too much then its not going to be fun (the main aim of a game).

Orbot

Orbot avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 8 years ago.

geez, that looks rather daunting at first, I can see they gone into a lot of detail. I wonder if this level detail may even put people off?
- Roguey

I guess they wants to give more career options for players and make fighting even more risky (you can lose your ship or die permanently). In my opinion those people who find it too complicated to fix the ships should let other players or NPCs do the work. So it is up to player's choices how they want to play the game.

I know we dont want SC turning into a console game,
- Roguey

Unfortunately that fits well with any "modern games" even on PC these days. For example games like Fallout 4 and Battlefront are both simplified versions compared to earlier games in series and other similar games. Games seems to get more and more simple these days.

I personally think it is really good to have simple and straightforward indie and AAA-games but I definitely would like to have many more complex and very ambitious games too. Elite, Wing Commander, Ultima (Underworld), Quake, etc. games pushed games forward. Today at least to me AAA-game series feels very stagnant; FarCry, Assassin's Creed, GTA, Uncharted, Tomb Raider, etc. Same games over and over again with little changes.

but if its too much then its not going to be fun (the main aim of a game).
- Roguey

In the other hand we have some games that requires micromanaging or more complex sims (X-Planes, DCS, etc.) which many players finds very fun and interesting. It is not only the end game but learning the game mechanisms, details and a feeling that your skills are being improved. Simple game mechanisms could make the game feel tedious very fast which I find being a huge problem with the most of the AAA-games nowadays (sales figures tells other story Wink).

You need to log-in to post here.