Orbot

Orbot avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 8 years ago.

Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 8 years ago.

Pretty sweet stuff. The end is awesome too.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 8 years ago.

woh, thanks for posting. I must admit that I havnt been following star-citizen for awhile now, but that video looks good. The two things I didnt like was the combat section - I found it confusing what was going on (maybe its just me), and the messy HUD's (which look very confusing). These two things I felt lacking previously.

However I really like the transition between walking around to flying a space-ship - makes me want to see that kind-of thing in Elite, even the boarding section was how it should of been in X3.

I also did like the coop side of things - flying with a group of friends - something I feel really missing in Elite. I could see Elite borrowing some of SC ideas.

Orbot

Orbot avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 8 years ago.

I could see Elite borrowing some of SC ideas.

Yeah, definitely. Actually I would like to see games borrowing shamelessly from each other; X series, Elite, Star Citizen, new IPs.

Here is an another video from Gamescom: Star Citizen - Gamescom 2015 Social Module Gameplay Demo (60fps)

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 8 years ago.

Looks very interesting, but a shame the guy didnt run (walking everywhere in a FPS is kind-of silly). I do hope they but the same effort into the space side of things (it kindof made me wonder). I guess also its a bit baron because it would be populated by people normally. However it does look good!

Orbot

Orbot avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 8 years ago.

Looks very interesting, but a shame the guy didnt run (walking everywhere in a FPS is kind-of silly). I do hope they but the same effort into the space side of things (it kindof made me wonder). I guess also its a bit baron because it would be populated by people normally. However it does look good!
- Roguey

When they demoed FPS fighting there were running normally and crouched. I think this demo just wants to show places, size of space stations and atmosphere.

I'm totally sure Chris wants that the space flighting is top-notch. It is his area in the and it would be very weird/bad for his reputation if space game sucks in Star Citizen Smile

Well, the game is absolutely enormous. There must be a lots of things that are not working perfectly on the release. At least I think it would be "a miracle" if the game is well balanced and everything works as planned. There is and has not been a game this large before.

Even if the game sucks in the big picture I think it will be as huge success only because it shows how the space genre could potentially be as its best. Of course the team is huge (four companies) and huge amount of money so not many companies has strength to do this kind of stuff - not even near.
I still hope we are going to see more and more space games like this.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 8 years ago.

Yea hopefully that's true. A project the size of SC doesnt show off its full potential until all the parts are assembled. And I agree, hopefully Chris can make it good - there has been a crazy amount of money spent on it - it needs time to be built. The marketing does worry me at times.

Orbot

Orbot avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 8 years ago.

Yea hopefully that's true. A project the size of SC doesnt show off its full potential until all the parts are assembled. And I agree, hopefully Chris can make it good - there has been a crazy amount of money spent on it - it needs time to be built. The marketing does worry me at times.
- Roguey

Yeah, I guess the marketing could be more clear. Usually it feels that their presentations are targeted to people who follows Star Citizen closely. The demos are about just a module they are working on and they want to show a status of that particular module.
Normally in these conferences the companies are showing and demoing the whole game and I guess it may be quite confusing when only some fractions are demoed from Star Citizen. It is quite hard to get a big picture how the game is actually going to be. I have personally a feeling to watch all their videos again and read about the features to understand the big picture Smile

It has actually been quite surprising to see how much criticism Star Citizen has got about "slow progress" etc. The team is very open about the problems they currently have and about the progress. It seems to backfire because of some vocal followers. This kind of frequent reporting is still something you don't see happening in AAA-game development normally.
For example there are no weekly/monthly reports about the games like Fallout 4, Mad Max or any other big game coming. There are only presentations here and there kept in game conferences like E3 and Gamescom.

You need to log-in to post here.