Updates and patches

Home Board Index » Star Citizen » Updates and patches

Orbot

Orbot avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 8 years ago.

"We're excited to push 1.3.0 to PTU today for testing!

There's quite a lot of content in this one, both for Arena Commander and for Social Module. We'll have full Patch Notes later today, but in the meantime, here's a short preview of what you can expect!
"

Publishing 1.3.0 to PTU

Star Citizen - Glaive EVA Inspection PTU Alpha 1.3

Star Citizen PTU 1.3 New Galleria Area Under Construction

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 8 years ago.

I must get around to re-installing star-citizen soon, looks like its worth checking out again. Just that ive been busy Smile

I didnt realize you could walk around and meet others in the social module - although is there much you can do it? well, apart from meeting others?

Adjoint

Adjoint avatar
Level badge Fightguey (6)
Posted 8 years ago.

I wanted to try SC too but u need to buy things to allow u to c the game and test it.
I really don't agree on that Cry

Orbot

Orbot avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 8 years ago.

Social module doesn't have much stuff at the moment but there are tons of stuff in queue player is able to do there; different kind of shops, bars, medical station (Star Citizen has permadeath), finding jobs, finding missions, etc.

PTU 1.3.0 isn't a huge update for players although it adds some core features like EVA, but as far as I know it is a huge update internally (merges different code branches). This is a big step towards Star Citizen Alpha 2.0 which will tie all modules finally together.

I wanted to try SC too but u need to buy things to allow u to c the game and test it.
I really don't agree on that
- Adjoint

You need buy the game. If I remember right I bought my ship/game with 35€ or something like that. I have access to all modules, patches, etc.

Orbot

Orbot avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 8 years ago.

"What is the Public Test Universe ?

The PTU is a replica environment of all servers needed to operate the game and the platform. This environment exists to allow public testing phases of unreleased patches of the game and platform. This environment will be publicly available to players, but under our tight access control. This way we can, if we want, have an internal playtest of a patch in a release environment without needing to expose it to the public (Just like today!)."

They are adding new stuff frequently so the experience can change quite drastically day to day. For example they are going to add new weapons, ships, etc. this weekend.

Orbot

Orbot avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 8 years ago.

Aegis Sabre Q&A

Q: Does it fit inside an Idris?!
A: Yes!

Idris is a smallish (240m) ship that was seen in the demo in CitizenCon. Btw. they are working on a new version of the demo. As can be seen all the characters are still placeholders and many other things are missing.

Orbot

Orbot avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 8 years ago.

Alright, the first Star Citizen Alpha 2.0 status update. This where things starts to roll forward as a game and not just as separated modules.

Development Update: Star Citizen Alpha 2.0 & Star Marine

Orbot

Orbot avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 8 years ago.

Orbot

Orbot avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 8 years ago.

Star Citizen Alpha 2.0: Port Olisar

https://player.vimeo.com/video/143325075

Orbot

Orbot avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 8 years ago.

Last week was a huge week for Star Citizen.

Star Citizen Alpha 1.3 Available!

Alpha 2.0 is doing great progress as well. As they talked in ATV earlier they are working on ship destruction model and it seems things are going forward: "The coolest news? SHIPS CAN NOW SPLIT IN TWO (or more!)"

Development Update: Star Citizen Alpha 2.0 & Star Marine

I bought T-16000M yesterday. I'm very satisfied with Star Citizen flight model already and it is great to hear they are still working on it (alot) so it will get even better. I like that it is going to be skill based so I really have to practice and know my ship to be able handle it well.

Old post about flight model: https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/engineering/13951-Flight-Model-And-Input-Controls

A new post about flight model is coming soon(tm)

EDIT: OK, it looks like the update flight model document is scheduled for this Thursday

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 8 years ago.

thanks for the heads-up, looks like ill be checking out v1.3 to see what changed. I must admit its been awhile since ive looked at SC.

Orbot

Orbot avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 8 years ago.

I hope the flight model will be easy so that players would be able to move from A to B with small training but complex in sense that there would be only bunch of people who really can fly *well*. Those players would be the ones you want to hire to do some demanding tasks for you because you and most of the players are not simply good enough.

At the moment there are tons of different modes you can choose and combine, and according to menus it looks like more possibilities to tune different modes is coming soon. It is still too early to say which all modes will stay in the game.

There are still lots of things lacking which makes the feeling of flying not that realistic; effect of mass, damaged thrusters, unbalanced ship, etc. I guess we are going to get much more news about them this week. Interesting week ahead.

Orbot

Orbot avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 8 years ago.

Star Citizen: Ship fly-by Sound Update: https://player.vimeo.com/video/144917147
Star Citizen: Ship UI Update: https://player.vimeo.com/video/144917841

Weekly report: https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/15045-Weekly-Development-Update
Monthly report: https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/15043-Monthly-Studio-Report

Star Citizen Anniversary celebration starts at Nov 19th. It would be great if they would be able to push Star Citizen Alpha 2.0 out during that time.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 8 years ago.

hmm.. when listing to those fly-by effect I cant help but feel they are a little over-the-top for fighters. Sure they would probably fit well for a larger ships, but arent those ships fighters in the video? - hard to tell for me. But they do sound very cool.

as for the GUI, well I think they got to watch that it doesnt get too complex. All those buttons might be great at the start, but people are lazy - once they find they ideal setup they probably wont adjust too much (especially if there's so many buttons to play with). I know they trying to make it realistic but there is always a trade-off in gaming - too much can put some people off.

But yea, its good to see some development of SC.

Orbot

Orbot avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 8 years ago.

Excellent points. It is interesting to see how players will like the complexity but I have faith that PC gamers are more than happy to have space like this. Maybe the best pilots will be handling all the ship systems and "lazy" players has to just get along and try to survive Wink. There are plenty of other stuff to do than fighting so it shouldn't be a problem. You just have to choose a profession you are able to do.

SC Alpha 2.0 will be a huge step and I'm sure developers will get lots of valuable feedback.

Orbot

Orbot avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 8 years ago.

Finally SC Alpha 2.0 is out of PTU and according to monthly report very nice stuff will be in upcoming updates.

Star Citizen Alpha 2.0 Available!

Monthly Studio Report November 2015

Star Citizen 2.0 Alpha is located in nearby planet Crusader.

"Remember that this map is a test map and not the final Crusader map. It does not have correct scales, only ones we are testing for a variety of puproses.

Can we make an object the size of Jupiter that holds up - bearing in made that Crusader does not even have our planet shader on - I think we did really well. Just wait for the planet shader.

What is a fun size for a playable moon with an asteroid belt with Cruise/SCM mode?

What (without our asteroid tech - coming soon tm) how many asteroids can we achieve (not counting all the other asteroid fields in the map)? What is a fun density.

What distances are good for travelling at 0.2c?

So, Crusader is 1/1 scale

Yela - how big can we make it with the number of asteroids at the density we wanted. That is - until our asteroid tech comes online

Daymar - size of our moon

Kellin - she is to 190km
"

1 2 3 »

You need to log-in to post here.