Updates and patches

Home Board Index » Star Citizen » Updates and patches

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 8 years ago.

thanks for letting me know, it looks very interesting. Ill go download it and have a look Smile

Orbot

Orbot avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 8 years ago.

Just prepare, it is still very buggy (>4000 bugs filed during PTU) Smile

Star Citizen Alpha 2.0 Features: https://robertsspaceindustries.com/feature-list

CIG will have a streaming session in 16th of Dec. They will show new features that will be coming soon. I'm not sure if any of its content has published officially but I guess they will show a planet shader (hopefully voxel asteroids too), character modification, etc.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 8 years ago.

oh, thats not good then. The trouble is we have the addon for Elite launching tomorrow too. I have download the updates to SC, as its fairly big. Im guessing this alpha isnt going change much, just be a bug fix for the next couple of weeks/months?

Orbot

Orbot avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 8 years ago.

oh, thats not good then. The trouble is we have the addon for Elite launching tomorrow too.
- Roguey

I have watched your videos and Horizons looks promising. I'm still on the edge if I should buy it. Star Citizen will take most of my gaming time and upcoming X Rebirth v4.0 and DLC will be on radar as well. There has been lots of good games and updates this year.

I have download the updates to SC, as its fairly big. Im guessing this alpha isnt going change much, just be a bug fix for the next couple of weeks/months?
- Roguey

Hmmh, good question. pre-Alpha 2.0 got patches pretty much daily in last two weeks but I have not seen any plans how things goes forward from now.

Star Citizen Alpha 2.0 is the versions where they are going to push new features so it is possible it will change a lot and frequently. Star Citizen Alpha 2.0 has only a fraction of planned features at the moment. Star Citizen PU is continuing project and going to be expanded "eternally".

Chris's brother Erin mentioned that they are already preparing to put economic running. They also have mentioned earlier that shops should be opened in Alpha 2.1 and a new big location Nyx should be pretty much ready too. They will probably tell more in day after tomorrow (Wed).

Edit: There has been some discussion that Alpha 2.1 would be out already this year so because of holidays I wonder if they are willing to push huge updates out. Huge like enabling economy, open shops with in-game currency, etc.

I guess we can expect following changes coming to Alpha very soon (these are maybe Alpha 2.1 changes?)

In the next update (list is subject to change):

New additions

The Million Mile High Club:
This is an exclusive bar that will be accessible (for the time being) via the Hangar elevator. It is only accessible to early backers who pledged for a top-level package.
Character Customizer (armor / Clothes)
Increase number of supported players
FPS cover system
FPS Starts/Stops
FPS Aim/look pose separation
Physicalized EVA

Improvements

Holotable improvement
Main menu art
FPS Hit reaction
FPS No weapon locomotion
FPS P4AR polish
FPS ArcLight polish
SPACEFLIGHT UI optimization
SPACEFLIGHT Focus Mode polish

Orbot

Orbot avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 8 years ago.

Star Citizen Alpha 2.1.2

They moved to monthly version updates and the next version 2.2.0 should go to PTU in couple weeks. I think there is still no any official list of upcoming changes but they are most likely be quite big. Interesting times.

Orbot

Orbot avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 8 years ago.

Star Citizen PU Alpha 2.2 PTU (pre-alpha) - patch notes: http://pastebin.com/yyYt7Ktu

Alpha 2.2a is the current version and I guess they will patch daily until Alpha 2.2 goes live.

Orbot

Orbot avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 8 years ago.

Star Citizen Alpha 2.3.0 Published to Live

Massive Hauling : the MISC Starfarer

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 8 years ago.

geez, thats one massive ship; very impressive! I tried to look on RSI site about it, but the site seem to be freezing up my Firefox, happens to anyone else? It looked like they wanted $360? so £250? which I guess isnt too bad compared to what they were charging for other things, however I still dont want to throw that much money at a game I dont know much about. I need to check out the Alpha's again, havnt done it for awhile. thanks for posting.

Orbot

Orbot avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 8 years ago.

Unless you don't want to support the project with $360, I wouldn't recommend to buy that expensive ships individually but earn the ship in game. Buying the ship at the moment is just to support the project. If you still want buy the ship I think the best way to do that would be through the Organizations.

The Starfarer is a big ship and they are working on many other similar size and much bigger ships at the moment. It is huge amount of work especially when you consider the damage modelling, local physics, subsystems, etc. which are needed for all the ships.

RSI site works without problems for me with Firefox 45.0.1

Star Citizen Alpha PU 2.3.1b is now in PTU.

Orbot

Orbot avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 6 years ago.

Star Citizen Alpha 3.1.3

PU Alpha 3.0 was an huge release and as expected they are now able to go fast forward by adding new gameplay features.
Quarterly schedule can be seen here: https://robertsspaceindustries.com/roadmap/board/1-Star-Citizen/info

Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 6 years ago.

I'm not sure about this as it seems a bit early but I was told by players ingame (from the last PTU... 2.6.3 I think) that you would be able to get money and start buying different ships and things with ingame money. Is that a thing or is it still reset every so often?

Orbot

Orbot avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 6 years ago.

I'm not sure about this as it seems a bit early but I was told by players ingame (from the last PTU... 2.6.3 I think) that you would be able to get money and start buying different ships and things with ingame money. Is that a thing or is it still reset every so often?
- Sinxar

They are still reseting players on new releases (patches) so buying stuff is not important at this point. If you have access to PTU you are able to test many ships and have lots of money from the beginning so you don't have to earn any in the beginning. Of course the purpose is testing so trying to do as many missions as possible is advisable.

Orbot

Orbot avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 6 years ago.

Quarterly schedule can be seen here: https://robertsspaceindustries.com/roadmap/board/1-Star-Citizen/info
- edqe

There quite interesting features scheduled for Alpha 3.2. Which ones are your favorites?

Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 6 years ago.

FPS combat AI lol. It looks like it would be fun but man I waited around for hours on end everyday for a week and not a single person joined a game. Other than that, I'm just going to wait until its actually playable in the sense that progress and stuff is saved.

Orbot

Orbot avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 6 years ago.

NPC AI is definitely a good addition but I find interactions between players much more interesting. AI becomes predictable at some point, they don't do human kind of errors, AI glitches, etc. which makes them boring in the long run.
For example when I did a simple delivery mission from Cellin to Daymar it was much more interesting when I knew other players may be involved. Especially the atmosphere in stormy Daymar at night time was pretty intense when you couldn't say what other players has in their mind.

NPC AI/bots would definitely be helpful in simulation environment like Star Marine because players seems to stay more and more in PU.

To me the most interesting change would be "Item 2.0 Ship Systems & Weapons - Power Allocation: Functionality for ship components, allowing for weapons to overheat, misfire, and suffer critical failures based on factors like wear or damage, as well as the ability to configure shield generators, power plants, weapons, and other systems to meaningfully affect ship performance." because it has a huge impact to gameplay. There are many interesting changes and improvements changes coming so I'm pretty excited overall about Alpha 3.2

« 1 2 3 »

You need to log-in to post here.