Im FIRST HERE :)

Home Board Index » Star Citizen » Im FIRST HERE :)

jaml

jaml avatar
Level badge Markoguey (10)
Posted 11 years ago.

Well, thats all Smile

Long live the SC & Roguey !

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me...
Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 11 years ago.

lol, hopefully this will be the start of a popular board. btw I will be creating another board, for another space-sim in a min.

ps. done Smile

jaml

jaml avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

Awesome!!!

ps.
if You are thinking about guild (in SC) there should be a "sub page", well something only for guild members, and i think this should be added as quickly as You can. Today I've read lots of topics related to guild, and I have found that few of them are recruting / forming now. Maby ppl rush a bit, but if we want our own guild in SC we should start to discuss & recruit.

My humble suggestions:
- make star citizen site available (even now - under construction)
- SC forum pool about guild system / goals / in-guild ranking (we should know how many ppl are really interested joining and playing SC. Alpha & Beta will see daylight very soon, besides - Egosoft with Rebirth is ...dying - still no news / no info / no release date / no progress = we can wait for it to the death and they still will be developing.. Wink
- SC forum pool "which job would you like to do in SC) this will give us some idea about what ppl want to do (piracy / trading / shared guild goal to build large force, economy, have own sector...)

there are unlimited possibilities, and the choice is ours!

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me...
Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

Well today I donated to star citizen, so I should be there for both alpha/beta and the final game. I went for the digital mercenary pack.

As for the sc site, its basically functional but doesn't really have much content on it apart from some pictures (basically what the rebirth site has). Basic things such as links, news system should work fine. I haven't put the site online yet as I wanted some unique content, but it maybe an idea to build some links and that.

You may of seen on facebook that I've been working on a ship add/edit function. Its not far of being finished now. This will allow all the sc ships to be added to the site. The same code will also work for rebirth, elite dangerous and all the x-games too. So I won't be the only person able to edit the ships, like before. This code has been pretty advance as it can understand different tables, then use a XML to give pull down for certain fields.

You think the guild system should be the next thing? How do we want to do it? I did think of a system which could allow people to add their guild to the list. Maybe add some flags, so they could be tagged with like recruiting etc. Although it could be simper and be a system just for our guild.

Its been awhile since I've added new sections to the site. The last time being x3ap. Things will get done, but may take time. I am trying to do the code better than before.

jaml

jaml avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

Gratz Citizen Smile

1. You can update / upgade site as new content will be added...
2. Sry, I dont have FB acc, but adding ships is great idea.
3. Guild and such things keep ppl together, they will make plans - so there will be at last bit more activity... now due to Egosoft movements forum is cold as ice.
4. Both ideas are good. It will be cool to add guild, but I think here and now most important is to keep fans active, so imo one guild is good start point (code can be adjusted so in future other guilds can be added). And if we will have ONE guild at start it will be enough. (imagine everyone is creating his own guild - after some time there will be like 100 guilds, and half or more will contain only 1 or 2 players). The bigger chalenge is to make one, really good guild, and ask ppl how they see this. Let ppl vote and discuss about guild name, leader, positions / hierarhy, jobs etc.

If You want to create multi-guild, there should be some requirements. If anyone create new guild, he/she got about 10-14 days to recruit at last 5 (maby more) members of guild (if not guild will be automaticly deleted). But Im think ppl will start to create multi-accounts to have a chance to be in more than one guild at same time. This can do some chaos...

So I think ONE guild by players and for players is best idea. Simple. No fancy things.
Lets say that You put info, then we can discuss some ideas on forum, vote best, and just go with that.

This site is really great, and I must say I like it for 2 reasons:
1: site itself
2: all ppl who are here

SC is great oportunity to keep us together and rush forum / site. So why not?

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

You can update / upgade site as new content will be added...

True, I guess the X3AP/TC sites started off as basic sites.

Sry, I dont have FB acc, but adding ships is great idea.

The editor may not look much, however its a system that allows staff members to edit/add ships to the database for any of the games. The two pictures below, are the two from facebook. The first being the early version, whilst the second being closer to what it looks like now:
Picture
Picture

as you can see, in the second the format is a little better with more pull-down options. The pull-down options are added from a xml file. Different xml's can be loaded, for each game (changing the pull-down options). This should help staff members to fill in the form. This code is part of the admin side, and not the the public side. However its important for me to add this, as I will need help adding ships from various games. This code allows that to happen. You could argue that this code should of been part of the site already, but it wasnt.

Guild and such things keep ppl together,

Ive been in a few, from various games so know what you mean. However ive never be in a situation where I could be the leader of one... well, unless you count guilds with 1 person - me LOL

If You want to create multi-guild, there should be some requirements.

Ah, I didnt think of that. All that could add a lot of complexity to it all. I could just focus on making it for our guild, and tailor the code to that. Does sc guild system have like user ranks? like officer, leader, member etc.?

jaml

jaml avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

Really NICE!
I agree that on second screen there is much more "ordered", and drop-down menus are where they should be. Very good work. If I will have a bit more time maby I / WE can workout kind'of application, where members can download from Your site, and do all this in common windows. It can be written even in bcb c++, (it has support for database + sql) so it should be very simple. Unfortunatly due to work + school now I'm totaly "buried alive".
Also the turret thing can be really nice updated (in your version there is a little unadvantage becouse of limit max turrets to 6)

So here is simple workout:
Table1 (basic)= 'id'(auto inc, unique) 'ship_name'(string) 'game_name'(string)...
Table2 (details)[linked by/to 'id'->table1]= 'id(autoinc,unique) ...fields like cargo'(integer) + 'numberofturrets'(shortint)
Table3 [linked by/to 'id'->table1]=(turrets)= 'id' (autoinc,unique) + '...type;position...etc';

[GUI]:
BOX1->show->table1.shipid[ship_name]; //(here display shipname) other strings similar;
BOX2->show->table1.shipid[...] ; //etc
Query1->Sql='select * form Table2 where 'id'=table1.selectionbar->position.getvaule[id];
Query2->Sql='select * form Table3 where 'id'=....

Query1 + Query2 will give us dynamic info about current selected ships (cargo... turrets)
Possible number of turrets is ...unlimited Wink

its not pure code ony kind of workout Keyboard typing

Ive been in a few, from various games so know what you mean. However ive never be in a situation where I could be the leader of one... well, unless you count guilds with 1 person - me LOL

Yes, I was in some of them too, sometimes it was fun, sometimes not (well - real life).
But how much of them was discused and voted by players ? (form my exp. i never was part of vote/discuss system in guild - mostly there was a guy who just make one up and ppl joined). Anyway leader can change at anytime... we just vote for new one Wink is someone dont have enough time or so... Only guild goal, strategy should be constant... For example in 3-4 months take over a sector, build 3 factories and expand fleet by 10 ships... (just an idea).

Does sc guild system have like user ranks? like officer, leader, member etc.?

Hmmm, I didn't encouter guild-system in SC yet. But there should be some kind of system. Maby a guild codex (lol), but its not bad idea. Whatever it will be ppl should vote liders, officers or just be common member. Beside If we will play together, things like this will automaticly be visible during play. If someone takes point and find nice way to make money (not only for himself) he/she should get (a star) if anyone get (dont know) 10 stars, he will be promoted one rank up. All ideas should be discuss in open (in guild forum) no matter who is the leader. I'm sure that this will work just fine. But like always im open minded... If you have better soulution, or any suggestions...

//Edit:
OMG, there is turret count (i didn't see it at first = it wasnt love from first sight) Bricks

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

I agree that on second screen there is much more "ordered", and drop-down menus are where they should be. Very good work.

I have pretty much finished the page before (basically the page where you select which ship to edit), or to add a new ship:

Picture

The list of races on the left could be swapped for say ship-makers, like in SC with a different xml. Im basically using X3AP for test-data Smile

WE can workout kind'of application, where members can download from Your site

hmm.. well im not so keen on that, as the website can do all of that without having to be on set platform. ie. laptops, tablets, pc's etc. can all access the info (via html). Then you got the compatibility of talking to a website. Its probably better to do an offline program in that case.

mostly there was a guy who just make one up and ppl joined

same here, usually the guilds I joined already been up and running for many years. sometimes the leader swapped quite a few times, so no-one knew how the actual guild started.

I didn't encouter guild-system in SC yet. But there should be some kind of system

I dont know how the guild system will work in SC either, I thought you may know. technically we can have as many ranks and that as we like, although how it will transfer in-game is a completely different thing.

would you be interested in being a staff member? so you could add news/edit things? staff members have access to all the sites.

jaml

jaml avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

Sure thing (staff member), but mostly I haven't got much time & I dont have much exp with html (only basic things). I can try. My exp as a writer/editor - well there was a time when i was writer to pc games magazine "Gambler" but in PL language, beside it was ages ago Wink

same here, usually the guilds I joined already been up and running for many years. sometimes the leader swapped quite a few times, so no-one know how the actual guild started.

I builded few guilds (expl: in MU online - but dont have time to play it), i can offer my help with structure etc... Starting guild is almost always the same, we need to find ppl, ask them about guild, what they want, main goals, fractions, etc...

I will start new topic on forum about guild - we'll see what ppl think about it.

Good job with ship-editor, and Star Citizen site!

BarrenEarth

BarrenEarth avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 11 years ago.

About damn time Smile

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

Sure thing (staff member), but mostly I haven't got much time & I dont have much exp with html (only basic things).

You dont need experience with HTML - at the very most UBB (ie. whats on the forum). My admin code should make is easier; although its not the best looking admin center ever. Hopefully its easy enough to understand.

I will start new topic on forum about guild - we'll see what ppl think about it.

Cheers, things like that will take time - ive only just got the SC site online atm.

jaml

jaml avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

Ok - Count me it Wink

Sure, Im far from being hurry.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

Wicked, well ill let you know when the section is ready as im now starting to do the public ship viewer for SC now. The editor has been rolled out for all the x-games now.

[update #1] getting there, although its a lot more complex than I thought lol:

Picture

Picture

[update #2 (with just dummy data)]

Picture

jaml

jaml avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

I like it!
Keep up the good work!

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

cheers, im having a little break atm - as ive been doing the admin for about a week now - geez its been more complex than I thought. I guess there's no real rush although, the game isnt out for awhile lol

jaml

jaml avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

:beer
Sure thing, lets have a break!

1 2 »

You need to log-in to post here.