Future of Star Citizen on this site

Home Board Index » Star Citizen » Future of Star Citizen on this site

MajorStewie

MajorStewie avatar
Level badge Tropguey (5)
Posted 10 years ago.

i liked this website and used it a lot to choose the best ships for x3 but this site may be ?useless? because everything you need to know about the ships may be made available.
but it would be cool if this site becomes the first known/usefull site for planning out upgrades, equipment, and having results of overclocking your stuff. kinda like what they have for eve online. http://wiki.eveonline.com/en/wiki/EVE_Fitting_Tool_%28Out_of_Game_Tools%29

and the site could look better too.. Big grin
https://robertsspaceindustries.com/

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 10 years ago.

im not really sure what your trying to say to be honest; The looks ugly and its of no use? although since x3, there has been x3tc and x3ap.

What does have to do with Star Citizen? and Eve? Confused

bozo64r

bozo64r avatar
Level badge Miltaguey (15)
Posted 10 years ago.

I believe what MajorStewie is trying to get it is that he wants the Star Citizen site to do the same as the 'X' sites, and show all the ships/wares/stations avaiable in the game.
I myself have not really looked into Star Citizen so I am not sure if that sort of stuff is in the game.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

hmm.. could be as you said bozo. as for SC well I havnt gone into too deep atm, as im waiting to see what the alpha is like in December. Hard to do much without a copy of the game Smile

RandomTank

RandomTank avatar
Level badge Assoguey (17)
Posted 10 years ago.

Yeah I agree, you can't really give a load of info about ship designs and wares when game hasn't even been released yet! There aren't any ship stats to update, they don't exist yet!

I will be the one to take you down!
Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

totally, and I should be in the alpha when its out btw.

RandomTank

RandomTank avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

Better post plenty of screenshots! That game looks awesome!

Kirlack

Kirlack avatar
Level badge Specoguey (14)
Posted 10 years ago.

It does look very very cool. And have you noticed how ES have suddenly stated they're determined to get Rebirth out this year? Personally I think they've blown it, but we'll see! Smile

Madder than a Bastard on fathers day.
My DiDs: Peace(s) of Eight - Way of the Gun - Status: Online, A Xenon DiD
Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

And have you noticed how ES have suddenly stated they're determined to get Rebirth out this year?

hmm.. where did you see that?

Kirlack

Kirlack avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

Bottom of the top paragraph.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

Bottom of the top paragraph.

At thanks for pointing that out. For awhile I havnt really checked ego's front-page much; has very little has changed. I think that ego knows they need to get it out this year, otherwise its suicide. I reckon in 2014 ego would struggle to compete in the SC and EliteD battle. Both have quite large support, especially SC. So 2013 is a must for them,

RandomTank

RandomTank avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

If they don't get it out this year, they're screwed! What was the original release date? 2011? It's do or die time Egosoft...

Both have quite large support, especially SC.
- Roguey
Huh, doesn't it just! What was it they wanted, $1000000 in 40 days originally? And what did they get, $7000000? I think is was almost $2mill just from customers donations... Wow, just wow...

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

What was the original release date? 2011? It's do or die time Egosoft...

Yup, that was right - XR was due at end of 2011 (Egosoft announce 'X Rebirth'). However like you said, 1 more year and I agree it could be curtains.

It doesnt help ego that SC is gaining more and more support, whilst ego are seeing people drift-off.

Kirlack

Kirlack avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

Yeah, I was really amped about Rebirth when they announced it...

Now, I just don't care. I'd hate to see Ego go down after so many great games, but they've lost the race, in my opinion.

RandomTank

RandomTank avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

As far as I'm concerned, Rebirth actually being released will be a bonus; this is because I'm not actually looking forward for it to come out, as its been delayed, no real alpha or anything to suggest it is coming out, so I'm expecting it not to; if it does, pleasant surprise!

I'm hyped for SC though, I just hope its gonna be pay-once, play-forever; there was some speculation that it might be a monthly contract, I don't want that. I hope it's gonna have decent offline gameplay too, sometimes I actually like to pause my game, y'know? I'm a busy guy, I can't afford 2-5 hour, non-stop gaming sessions just because you can't pause the damn game...

You need to log-in to post here.