Is this a game for empire builders ?

Home Board Index » Elite Dangerous » Is this a game for empire builders ?

Adjoint

Adjoint avatar
Level badge Fightguey (6)
Posted 9 years ago.

Greetings Smile
I am playing Eve Online since 2004 but I was looking for s/th different.
I am not pvper. I just like to do missions (from time to time) with my 2 accounts and trade/manufacture things.
I am also fan of building my own stations and manufacture things.

The 1st game that I tried is x rebirth. Nice graphics but it still has many bugs and not much help. I started it at version 3.1 and I have edited the xml file numerous times so I can bypass bugs etc. I have tried to expand
the plot station but not all extentions were successful.I got fed up trying to dig through internet again and
again to find good guides or trying to find out what I was doing wrong and then find out that it is a bug bug bug.

After that I bought X3 AP. I really read a lot of good things about it but the graphics arent good at all Cry
At the plot missions (rog's plot guide I am at 6/8 page).
Since I was looking for very very good X3 guides I found this site too. A few days after I found Roguey's post
about leaving X3 series and I saw his posts about E:D. I saw some photos and I really liked the graphics.
I started searching about it and most of things I saw was about fighting.OK I understand that it is a new game.
Not even Eve Online did not have the "build your own tower/stations" in the beginning.

To make the story short :

1) I want a game that I can trade (manually and automated).
2) Build stations and upgrade them.
3) Do missions from time to time while my ships sell things , restock stations etc.
4) Play solo.

Should I continue X3AP or I can do all these in E:D too ? Or maybe another game is for me ?
No idea if Rog's mod fixes the graphics but I saw the post about no plot missions.
I havent really found anything about empire building for E:D at internet Smile

Thank you in advance.

DHLF

DHLF avatar
Level badge Conqoguey (21)
Posted 9 years ago.

Concerning Elite:Dangerous(short E:D) you can not build stations yourself.
Also you have to manual trade.
You can find lot of missions..
Although you have to try things out(and fail a lot Sad ) moving stuff around to get money to get bigger ships and even much more money.. looks similar to X(²/³).
Your list above makes me feel E:D is not what you want.

I like this game because of the try to put the known universe in a game.
Okay, only a small part of the universe but hey, 400 billion stars is a good start Nod

Compared to the X/x²/x³ universe you will be missing your own safe harbour.
And.. you may TRY to print a sector map like in x³ but.. LOL

I love the game, but my opinion does not count as I played (and loved) E:Ds grandfather "ELITE" since 1984.
And now I got that expensive Detailed Surface Scanner I am off to explore the universe Big Grin

Mayak

Mayak avatar
Level badge Instruguey (13)
Posted 9 years ago.

Yep, agree with all of the above, though I've not played X3 so can't comment on that.

I love E:D because it's a very nice looking game that gives you the freedom to go anywhere in a fairly realistic, full scale model of the Milky Way galaxy. That's never been done before and I think it's awesome. However in answer to your question - no, it is not an empire building game at all. For your four points:
1) Yes you can trade, but it's manual only. Nothing in this game is automatic.
2) No, you can't build anything.
3) Yes, you can do missions. They are pretty basic and typically involve trading and combat for local factions. There is no plot.
4) Yes you can play solo. This isn't really a pvp game. You can fight other players, but I've never done it. Don't even see other players very often.

It sounds like you are looking for a game that has all the best bits from Eve Online, but which isn't Eve Online. In that case this isn't what you are looking for, as I think the E:D designers are consciously trying not to make another Eve Online, but to be something different and new.

Mayak

Mayak avatar
Level badge Instruguey (13)
Posted 9 years ago.

Talking of space games, this is the one I'm very much looking forward to:
https://robertsspaceindustries.com/

Sadly it is still a long way from release.

You need to log-in to post here.