E:D New "system discovered by..CMDR Roguey" update

Home Board Index » Elite Dangerous » E:D New "system discovered by..CMDR Roguey" update

DHLF

DHLF avatar
Level badge Conqoguey (21)
Posted 9 years ago.

Soon there will be another update for the E:D universe..
I like the idea of keeping information about WHO discovered a system first.

As far as I understand this new feature it should be working like this:
-you NEED a detailed surface scanner to get this "archievement"
-you MUST be in the system and DO scan things..
-this will start AFTER the update (whenever it will be ready..)

In other words already discovered systems wont count.

My questions are:
-do we have a full scan of all bodies in a system or will a scan of a sun do?
-who will be the FIRST? Those who did the scan(s) first or who made it back to sell the data?

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 9 years ago.

I dont know much about it at the moment - I do have access to v1.1 but havnt looked at it. Instead ive been checking out my new ship, which I got with the now nerfed Tenche run.

In the news-letter they said they will be back-tracking the discovery tag. So people who already been explored the system first will be credited. I guess we wont get much else for exploring a system, than the first found by tag?

DHLF

DHLF avatar
Posted 9 years ago.

They said in the forums additional to be the proud,NAMED "explorer" of a system the first shall got additional +50% CR when the data is sold.. but not backwards Sad

DHLF

DHLF avatar
Posted 9 years ago.

Here is a link where it is explained in clean english,
also they tell us how many we can expect for discovering special objects:
http://lavewiki.com/exploration

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 9 years ago.

thanks for posting. Maybe its me but it doesnt seem very worthwhile (even with +50%)? ie. a black-hole for 21,000? yet ive never seen one yet. Atm im making around 500-600k per run, so id have to discover a lot of places to make any-where near that money. plus, you have to factor in the 1.5mil for the scanner.

It might be nice to have some systems tagged with your name, discovered by .... I guessing in a smaller ship it would seem more worthwhile. Its a shame it doesnt scale in some way, hence the reason I havnt done a BBS mission for a long time.

DHLF

DHLF avatar
Posted 9 years ago.

The news update (Elite-Dangerous newsletter #62) says:

"galaxy map will now credit the discovery of systems[..] with the first player to scan them,
the change applies retroactively..

This is confusing as they said prior to this newsletter the first who SCAN and SOLD the data will get the "prize".
Nevertheless there are plenty systems out there Nod

Flinx100

Flinx100 avatar
Level badge Fightguey (6)
Posted 9 years ago.

I can safetly say that no advanced discover scanner is needed I am the proud finder of COL 285 Sector JF-Q b21-1

Nice fancy name that

DHLF

DHLF avatar
Posted 9 years ago.

So you are a lucky one..
In spite of exploring some off-worlds (which seems not have been discovered by someone else) I have not yet seen a "discovered by DHLF-tag".
Maybe they are sorting newly discovered systems by hand? Sad

Flinx100

Flinx100 avatar
Level badge Fightguey (6)
Posted 9 years ago.

Well in my experience if you have not got close enough to the planet in star to scan it (ie it still says unexplored, as opposed to lhs 55583 - 1 etc) then although you will get credit when you hand in you will not get a "discovered by"

Oh and in reply to your question do we have to scan a whole system the answer is no, you get credited per object, except asteroid fields which get no credit at all

DHLF

DHLF avatar
Posted 9 years ago.

Sorry.. for ressurecting..
In spite of exploring some off-worlds (which seems not have been discovered by someone else) I have not yet seen a "discovered by DHLF-tag".

- DHLF

Stupid me.. I expected to see a "discovered by DHLF" tag at once after scanning those system.
You HAVE to sell the system data in a station/outpost to the universal cartographics team FIRST.
If no one else has already sold the data a message will pop up like "Congratulation..".

One odd thing happened.. when my ship was destroyed (Cobra vs Anaconda) all explored system data was lost(that is intentional) but.. three systems remained??

I was so angry.. is there a weapon out there which throws am EMP-like effect? Power plant was online but all systems failed from one second to another -.-
No weapons, no thrusters, not even scanner Sad

Scott

Scott avatar
Level badge Specoguey (14)
Posted 8 years ago.

I have scanned systems found new objects , yet when I dock try to sell no one buys. Do I have be a certain distance away from s system ? I am new need all help I can get

Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 8 years ago.

Yeah you need to be at least a certain distance away from the system you scanned. I don't know off the top of my head what that distance is though.... actually I just did a search and it appears you need to be at least 20 LY away from the scanned system to sell the data. Here is a wiki entry about it: http://elite-dangerous.wikia.com/wiki/Explorer. Don't forget to scan planets and other stars in systems for max sell value.

I personally found exploring to be fun but boring at the same time. However I was using an Adder at the time but the profits were OK for the point in the game I was. I also learned a bit about game mechanics also while exploring (gravity wells are fun!). So two things you really need is a fuel scoop and a scanner. Your basic scanner used to be enough. However I just now picked up the game again and hopefully using better scanners give more money but I don't actually know that for sure.

So read over that wiki page and cross check that information with what is ingame and you will see what it is talking about with the classes of stars and planets.

Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 8 years ago.

It seems I've made some discoveries while running about with the SRV. Scooped up some minerals and It said I discovered it. With the cartographics popup and everything. Got a total of 4 and it boosted my exploration rank by a large amount.

Now I have no idea if that actually means anything. Like will it say (eventually) Nickle was first discovered on this planet by CMDR Sinxar? I know I am not actually the first person to find these common minerals because they are needed for crafting things people are already using.

What is the deal with that?

Caught this one on video.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 8 years ago.

Got a total of 4 and it boosted my exploration rank by a large amount.
- Sinxar

I think its just a boost for you because you found something new in the game, rather than found a material on a certain planet. I might be wrong.

Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 8 years ago.

Took a little stroll to the underside of the galaxy today and discovered a bunch of new systems! I recorded the moment I turned them all in but wasn't expecting it to list every single discovered object. Thought it would only list the systems. Yes, I surface scanned everything in every system I found. Even some in systems that were only half explored. Increased my exploration rank from Trailblazer 7% to Trailblazer 45%. Only took a few hours round trip even used FSD injection to reach a few systems that were previously out of reach of any ship. Was a good time but not one I want to repeat anytime soon.

Here is one of the better looking ones I discovered.
Picture

You need to log-in to post here.