Would Cobra make good explorer ship

Home Board Index » Elite Dangerous » Would Cobra make good explorer ship

Ethom

Ethom avatar
Level badge Fightguey (6)
Posted 9 years ago.

Hi there
Have Adder and am exploring and trading. Thinking of upgrading to Cobra so I can at least shoot back when I get interdicted. Any thoughts on this idea ?

Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 9 years ago.

I like the Cobra. Just be prepared for the upgrade cost. For example an A class FSD is something around 1.6 million. But yea the Cobra is pretty much superior in everything. More cargo, better offense/defense, more hardpoints and excellent max jump range.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 9 years ago.

When I was in the cobra it felt like a good all-round ship; fighting, trading etc. As Sinxr said, upgrading bigger ships will cost more than its predecessor, so dont be surprised if things cost a lot more. However the cobra is usually your first major milestone in the game.

rivasilvercrown

rivasilvercrown avatar
Posted 9 years ago.

Hey there,

I'm doing some exploration with the Cobra, leaving the Adder for mining basically.

On the cobra you can fit a good FSD, both scanners and some punch in case you get attacked when coming back from the outer space. In addition to that, it has space for a fuel scoop and, in general, with a few improvements such as modifying default modules for better (less heavy) ones will increase your range quite a lot...

So, summarizing, yes, it is quite good until you can take the next step: ASP

Ethom

Ethom avatar
Posted 9 years ago.

thanks everyone for your feedback

Ethom

Ethom avatar
Posted 9 years ago.

Picked up my cobra today ! shady dealer wanted to charge me xtra for delivery hahaha

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 9 years ago.

Congratulations on your new Cobra. What are you planning on doing with it first?

Ethom

Ethom avatar
Posted 9 years ago.

Thanks Roguey. First thing I did was spend the credits I had earned on alloy and getting back my detailed scanner. Now I am back running trades to make bit of coin before I head out exploring

You need to log-in to post here.