anybody has noticed changes in mining after update

Home Board Index » Elite Dangerous » anybody has noticed changes in mining after update

rivasilvercrown

rivasilvercrown avatar
Level badge Fightguey (6)
Posted 9 years ago.

Hi guys... I was just wondering if it is just me or somebody has noticed something weird after the update. In general, belts that last week has quite a lot of asteroids have gone back to having three and four rocks. Also, from appearing a couple dozens of kilometres, now I'm coming out of fsd next to the centre.

Both things make mining less profitable than before... And much more cumbersome since you have to move much more between belts ( also, calling 'belt' to four rocks seems silly).

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 9 years ago.

Well I havnt tried it to be honest, after hearing how unprofitable it was, I never tried. However if they made it even worse, then sounds bad.

rivasilvercrown

rivasilvercrown avatar
Level badge Fightguey (6)
Posted 9 years ago.

I started mining again because I was able to make a good ratio of time/ profit before the patch. Problem is that they seem to have broken something and give back to the time when it was hellish to get money or of it Cry

Scott

Scott avatar
Level badge Specoguey (14)
Posted 8 years ago.

Been mining, fun maybe not as profitble as trading but fun. What does the prospector limoet do? Ibknow it helps to increase yeilds, not sure how . Can you use it to scan the roids and if so how? Also once you stary on a roid xan you move it to another roid or is it stuck there?

Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 8 years ago.

AFAIK limpets are single use. I've been reading a bit about mining recently and it seems it has been buffed significantly, putting it on par with bounty hunting.

Did you try targeting the roid then launching the prospector limpet? Did you look at the wiki? http://elite-dangerous.wikia.com/wiki/Miner

MacRaven

MacRaven avatar
Level badge Boneguey (9)
Posted 8 years ago.

You do not need to target the asteroid to scan it with the prospect limpet,just point and launch the prospect limpet will do the rest.Its one per asteroid,once you scan it on an asteroid you can not use it again on another.I did a little mining a will ago and found the prospect limpet useless.But the mining part was kinda fun.I hope this helped

ssarleni

ssarleni avatar
Level badge Stickguey (8)
Posted 8 years ago.

I think they nerfed missions too, in a post on another subject I said I was hours of play time away from my objective in game well make that weeks now. Last week prior to the last patch I was running missions of 100k plus normal and averaging 3-400k and on illicit runs I have actually seen a 2.2 mil and done a 1.1 mil run. This week I am getting about 10 percent of that. I am sat in a station and the highest reward mission is 117 k and I cannot take it because you need entrepreneur rank. I thought it was because of the system reset after the patch but now not sure, So its not just mining.

You need to log-in to post here.