Suggestions for site modification

Home Board Index » Elite Dangerous » Suggestions for site modification

CaptainHeroic

CaptainHeroic avatar
Level badge Instruguey (13)
Posted 8 years ago.

1.System Edit
After editing a station you are returned to the Edit Object screen, from here are links to go back to the station you were editing or the system, but it would be useful to have the universe link here otherwise you have to go back to the system then click the universe link.

2. Trade Helper "home system" save option
On the universe "near by screen" you can save a system as your "home" which is great especially for us minor faction player groups or those basing out of a single system by preference, but it would also be great if you had the same save option for the trade helper screens of all MK1,2 & 3. Again those of us based in a "home" system this could be an invaluable time saver.

3. Factions - adding new ones
The new database tool is an excellent addition, but the content on the page is growing; can you also put the Add a New Faction button at the top of the page above all the factions names to increase speed and efficiency of adding.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 8 years ago.

hi there, thanks for the suggestions;

1. System Object Edit;
That's no problem to add, and now its done.

2. Trade Helper "home system" save option
I did think about this before, but didnt know if anyone would use it. Ill look at doing it tomorrow for you.

[Update] Both the Mk1 and Mk3 share the same save function as the universe section. The Mk2 however has its own save location (because of two locations). I thought if the Mk1 and Mk3 shared the same location, it would make the site remember across various sections.

3. Factions - adding new ones
Okay, ive moved the add button to the top now, fixed a bug with numbers in the name and deleted the paty entry. I guess I need to do something about deleting factions, as I know people do make mistakes. However I have to be equally careful that someone doesnt just go deleting everyone else's work. hmm, any ideas? maybe allow deletion of your own entries only?

CaptainHeroic

CaptainHeroic avatar
Posted 8 years ago.

Excellent thanks - as for the faction issue - I agree, keep it to the owner to be able to delete, I would have done just that if I could of, once I had set up the correct entry - you obviously need to keep your admin to minimum for this feature, I have also added a suggestion to include the system controlling faction to appear on the system info screen. Thanks again

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 8 years ago.

I have added the ability to delete factions now. To do so, you must be the original creator or staff member. Inside the edit page (yeah, I know its not the best place), you will see a delete button.

CaptainHeroic

CaptainHeroic avatar
Posted 8 years ago.

Can ask that the same links to go to Universe etc. are also added to the edit system screen (on completion of Editting a system). The links after editing an object have been very useful.

Also I have recently been attempting to add planetary objects especially to systems with multiple levels but although it let's me go through the creation process no object appears, what am I doing wrong?

Some major stations do not have trade data, how to I establish / set this up for them?

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 8 years ago.

Can ask that the same links to go to Universe etc. are also added to the edit system screen (on completion of Editting a system). The links after editing an object have been very useful.
- CaptainHeroic

Sure, the universe links have been added to the edit system page now.

Also I have recently been attempting to add planetary objects especially to systems with multiple levels but although it let's me go through the creation process no object appears, what am I doing wrong?
- CaptainHeroic

well, at the moment detail cant be added to planets; such as bases etc. I know I need to do this soon, but at the moment EDDN doesnt export information on bases. So without this, there wont be much data on them. ie. ware, ship or equipment prices. Im thinking when this is done, then it can add those bases to the planets without manually typing each one.

Some major stations do not have trade data, how to I establish / set this up for them?
- CaptainHeroic

Well the best way is to export to EDDN. EDDN is used by a lot of major sites, so you be also updating them too.

CaptainHeroic

CaptainHeroic avatar
Posted 8 years ago.

Sorry I was not clear on the planetary bit - I am Xbox 1 only so no Horizons for a year, I meant adding suns and planets to the system map

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 8 years ago.

Sorry I was not clear on the planetary bit - I am Xbox 1 only so no Horizons for a year, I meant adding suns and planets to the system map
- CaptainHeroic

Oh right, I though you were on the PC. Adding suns/planets are added as system-objects. Goto the system, then click Add object, then fill the details. Once added to the site, you can then move it around on the 2D map.

CaptainHeroic

CaptainHeroic avatar
Posted 8 years ago.

No that is not working for me on either a laptop or via a tablet - I can set the object up but it does not show so I can not then drag it to position. I get to the thanks for adding the object screen but when I go back to the system and go to any view including edit map there is no "new" object to work with. So what am I doing wrong? Is there a server time delay before the object is available?

CaptainHeroic

CaptainHeroic avatar
Posted 8 years ago.

An example I am currently working with is http://roguey.co.uk/elite-dangerous/universe/lalande37120/ I have attempted to add the sun to start with.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 8 years ago.

Today I had some time to look into the problem. After a little investigation I noticed there were some out-of-date fields in the insert. After correction, I added the sun without a problem. I guess this problem has been on the site for awhile now, just that youre the first to tell me. Big thanks for letting me know. You should now be able to add system-objects without a problem.

CaptainHeroic

CaptainHeroic avatar
Posted 8 years ago.

Thought I had responded to this but I must have failed to post - just to confirm everything is now working as expected - thanks for the update

You need to log-in to post here.