Trade runs

Home Board Index » Elite Dangerous » Trade runs

Scott

Scott avatar
Level badge Specoguey (14)
Posted 8 years ago.

I been in Genese 889 , been tradeing aninal mest and making 459 creds per unit from atladt station.Holnesy station is buying biowaste at 94 per unit. Gets boring but making close to 10k per run. Anyone else got a decent trade run ?

Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 8 years ago.

http://roguey.co.uk/elite-dangerous/trade-helper/best/

The top one right now is 3055 profit per ton. There was one I did the other day with imperial slaves. I think it was at 2800 per ton of slaves and I returned with a load of biowaste I think. The biowaste was hardly worth charging the FSD but the overall profits were good in a Type-7 (about 600,000 credits per run).

What ship are you flying? You may consider running rares if your cargo is small. A Cobra MK III or Asp Explorer is good for rares. I Have a nice map of a good rare run if you are interested:
Picture

The rares that are "optional" are illegal in some areas, like in Bast. So stick to the dark path if you try it. Don't forget your fuel scoop... oh and you might want to play in solo while doing this.

Scott

Scott avatar
Posted 8 years ago.

A cobramk3 biowaste is not much but it buys gas and a soda and a few bucks left over. Not much on slaves. Have you tried minning? Been thinking about it

ssarleni

ssarleni avatar
Level badge Stickguey (8)
Posted 8 years ago.

Here are two *rares* trade runs, both download as pdf files so if like me you hsve a double screen setup its easy to follow thd route.

(https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?t=101211)

I have done the full salesman run and it was worth approx 5 million to me but I got some pretty low stock levels and would think with decent stock levels quite a bit more, there are a few illegals think it was the weapons in the first run and some cigars in the salesman version. Did it in an Asp Explorer with 88 cargo space.

Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 8 years ago.

Something I recently found out but you may already know, the Asp Explorer comes with undersized shields. You can actually put class 6 ones on it (as opposed to the class 5 ones). However for long distance things, I found it better to put a 6A fuel scoop instead. Saves so much time.

ssarleni

ssarleni avatar
Posted 8 years ago.

With Horizon being updated recently I decided to do the Salesman rare run again to see if there are any changes to stations etc. Done in a Asp Explorer with Fuel scoop, Cargo 92 tons, could be done with an advanced scanner on the first run to pick up the system data. Equipped B and C's with an A in distribution. Done in solo mode to get better stock figures, although some people maintain the solo stock levels are still influenced by open play, not being an expert on the matter... I just fly the ship....

Goman, Gustav Sporer has no Black market to sell the Yaso Kondi Leaf at, so either keep blitzing stations until you do find one, go look for one as I did, or leave it. You got to keep an eye on that Illicit cargo over the fuel tank, I got fined a few times on my first run as a newbie.

Some stations that were supposed to give me best prices did not, they offered me what I paid, so I just kept them and at the next station or the one after got good prices. This could have been a glitch, it happened to me 3 times, I tried logging out of the game and restarting but with the same results. I could list them but as its not as if you could not sell them, being lazy and not writing them down at the time as I thought it was just a glitch and probably still is...

This time around it made just over 7 mil in rare sales, you would make more adding in the the cargo you can sometimes get on between rare stations, but I wanted just rare sales figures this time around.

I got interdicted 6 times on the run, 3 failed to hold, the rest were either Imperial clippers or Assault boats, needless to say I picked up my skirts and ran like the chicken I am going sqawk sqwak all the way. I out ran them pretty easily and had no problems keeping shields up with 4 pips in engines and 2 pips in system.
Something I recently found out but you may already know, the Asp Explorer comes with undersized shields. You can actually put class 6 ones on it (as opposed to the class 5 ones). However for long distance things, I found it better to put a 6A fuel scoop instead. Saves so much time.

- Sinxar

Yes I did know somebody else filled me in but thanks, I run for this trip a 6E cargo(64 tons) and a class 5 Shield Generator with a 2A scoop if I was going out for fights would swop the Cargo and Generator

Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 8 years ago.

But how long did it take?

Scott

Scott avatar
Posted 8 years ago.

Always good to have new info. I normaly play solo beenthinking abot asp expdue to guns . Thanks

MacRaven

MacRaven avatar
Level badge Boneguey (9)
Posted 8 years ago.

I'v have been doing the Shadow Runs in the Robigo system with my ASP.I timed myself yesterday and made 24 mil in about 2 hours but i spent about 45 min trying to find the right Shadow Run.You need to find and minimum $500,0000 per cargo ton(slaves)so you have to spend a little time going back and forth from open play to solo.It also helps if you trade rank is higher then Broker.I had (68 out of 104) tons of cargo on this run (I ran out of patients lol)and it gave me about 12 missions.If you need more info on this let me know be glad to help.Just a heads up on this smuggling run, bring a fuel scoopand watch you path of travel there are lots of dead stars(BROWN STARS)so you can not re-fuel on those one,i almost was caught a couple of time with no fuel in the tank Sad

ssarleni

ssarleni avatar
Posted 8 years ago.

it took along time there is approx 70 stations to call at, plus interdiction times from bandits and the Revenuers, cannot say exactly how long as I spread it over a few days, an hour here and there and if lucky a few more hours some days. I think these routes are very good for the new people in their first Asp and looking to make some decent money, without too much hassle, plus its good experience in trading looking for the best buys to go with the rares, more importantly when to say okay that is just not worth the hauling, against fuel saved and journey jumps longer, making trip shorter etc. etc. I did the the other run the first time and really needed a scoop but the salesman route (bless his socks) is optimised and no scoop is needed, so extra creds on first run for the data to sell.

MacRaven, I am only at 41% of Broker so got a while to go before Shadowruns but they sound like nice earning routes. Is that figure 500,000 or 50.000,000? if the latter I better start saving my pennies.

As somebody already mentioned all info is good, and as all info is good info, it can only go bad if you use it, otherwise tis always good lol.

MacRaven

MacRaven avatar
Level badge Boneguey (9)
Posted 8 years ago.

ssarleni,its $500,000 but you need not spend any credits,you are cargo hauling slaves to other systems at no cost to you.They pay you on delivery.I also am a 49% broker myself just get more shadow runs if higher rank thats all.Just did another run from Robigo system 3 hrs and other extra hour getting all the 19 delivery missions.Payed $41,000,000 million,it was pretty intense lol.

Scott

Scott avatar
Posted 8 years ago.

The biggest problem I have on any trade runs, not cpunting short hauls, is bordom. I make 4or so tuns get interdicted then one of two more bthen bored want something else. The one trade one I use now can make 115k one way and 45 k going back. Not bad but boring. Have stop get put strech legs coffee while driving but still.

Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 8 years ago.

Ok I thought it was just me. I did that rare run and it only produced a few pennies for the time invested. I agree though, rare trading is good for a newbie. That is what I did to pay for my first Asp Explorer. In fact I think I started in my Adder and got a Cobra MK III then did more rare runs to get the Asp. Once I got to a type 6 the rare runs became mostly pointless, doubly so when I got the type 7. As 7 mil is about an hour - hour and a half of work. Hard work though.

Picked up a Python and traded with it a bit yesterday to sure up my credit pool before doing anything crazy with it. I like it way better than the Type 7. Not because it is badass but because it can land on medium pads. Really opens up some of the better trade loops. Never thought I would see the day when a 2 jump loop would produce 4k cr per ton.

@Scott I agree. Trading is so boring. Have you tried bounty hunting in Hazardous Resource Extraction Sites or High Resource Extraction Sites? If there are cops in the sites they will help you take down the big targets.

Scott

Scott avatar
Posted 8 years ago.

Yes once and i died , but plan on tring it again.

You need to log-in to post here.