unknown bases and missions what I am doing wrong

Home Board Index » Elite Dangerous » unknown bases and missions what I am doing wrong

ssarleni

ssarleni avatar
Level badge Stickguey (8)
Posted 8 years ago.

what am I doing wrong?

I get a mission to go to a planetary base, arrive and no exploration details, get a discovery scanner and surface scanner, do the exploration thing, planet shows up with little icon next to it saying it has bases but none show, do a surface scan and it just shows an empty globe. Even gone into orbital cruise and done a scan of the said planet but no bases appear, tried scanning from near and far, nothing, found some unexplored rock piles and another planet but no bases, this is the second time its happened now. Assumed it was me doing some thing wrong but seems not.

Is it a bug or just me being thick about something. Checked forums and they say do what I did and the mission icon should appear over the planet and off you go but all I get is some new planets, one with the planet base icon but no bases on it. Exclaim Question mark

Scott

Scott avatar
Level badge Specoguey (14)
Posted 8 years ago.

Do you have the horzions add on?. I do not and donot missions like that

ssarleni

ssarleni avatar
Posted 8 years ago.

Yes I do have the new horizons.

Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 8 years ago.

That is weird. I know you do not need a surface scanner to see them, AFAIK for the time being they do nothing but increase payout on exploration sales. I just carry an advanced scanner and hit it in new systems.

It should just work. Have you tried jumping out and coming back to see if it helps? Or maybe logoff in space and come back might be faster.

ssarleni

ssarleni avatar
Posted 8 years ago.

not tried logging off in space but as its the second time its happened might try that next time. The missions have all failed, I thought whoopee 3 missions in one system and room for some cargo...dohhh maybe next time

Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 8 years ago.

Ok so on reddit somebody had the same thing happen. Turns out they did not have horizons but for some reason it still gives planet missions.

Have you landed on a planet yet?

Does your launcher look like this?
Picture

If not you don't have it installed.

ssarleni

ssarleni avatar
Posted 8 years ago.

Yes I do have Horizons thank you, when I went back to the system after logging back in the bases were there so will have to wait and see when I come across it again how it works out, thank you for the information though.

You need to log-in to post here.