The Search For Barnacles

Home Board Index » Elite Dangerous » The Search For Barnacles

Gomorragh

Gomorragh avatar
Level badge Stickguey (8)
Posted 8 years ago.

Hi all, long time no see, taken me a month or more to remember my password - anyway, i am wondering if there are any more self flagellating peoples like me who have decided to join in the search for barnacles, i know there is an elite forums post on this but thats getting full of weirder and weirder theories.

Cmdr Gomorragh - Stares at players, just waiting ......
Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 8 years ago.

I looked around Maia when it was announced on Galnet, about a week before the devs said where to look. Really goes to show how much people pay attention to what is happening in game. Wasn't just me though although I wish I could claim it was. I seen a few others there looking and who knows how many in solo. So props to them for reading the ingame news.

It wasn't until the devs got frustrated and told everybody else where to look they closed the moon where I was (b5 I think, the one where the new UA research outpost is being built). Once they closed the moon I just left the area and haven't been back. I visited the outpost moon because it was supposed to be done when I arrived but the planet was empty.

Personally I don't think they are actually there in game yet. With so many people looking somebody should have found something by now. I am guessing there will be a CG for it soon. Prolly something with meta alloys being researched leading up to the next expansion of Horizons.

Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 8 years ago.

Naturally as soon as I say that, they were found: https://www.reddit.com/r/EliteDangerous/comments/40y4s9/foudn_the_barcnacles_yeahhhh/?ref=share&ref_source=link

Gomorragh

Gomorragh avatar
Level badge Stickguey (8)
Posted 8 years ago.

I feel the same, i was looking for something obviously crablike, but not a rock cluster round what looks from a distance like a fallen probe, i saw several of that type of thing a few days before they were found but ignored them. left the pleiades to go help the mrs get a better ship, and heard soon as i left t5hey had been found, typical

Cmdr Gomorragh - Stares at players, just waiting ......

You need to log-in to post here.