Suggested changes/updates too Trade Helper

Home Board Index » Elite Dangerous » Suggested changes/updates too Trade Helper

papo64

papo64 avatar
Level badge Rookiguey (4)
Posted 8 years ago.

Here are a couple of suggestions i have for implementation

1. Station/system names too be colour coded so you can easily see their allegiance.
2. Items to be colour coded as too whether they are legal or illegal
3. The font colour of the profit margin changed too make it easier too read.

For this too be implemented the people using the trade helper need too edit the allegiance of all stations that they have info on, a possible routine can then look at the name string of the allegiance and assign a colour code value to it that will update the site, grey or some other choice can signify unknown.

reply if you agree and if so a legend letting users know what the new layout colours signify.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 8 years ago.

hi there,

well, colour coding is somewhat already use in the trade-helper;

- mk1/3/best: buy/sell locations,
- mk2 (deals between two locations): show sale location #1 and #2,

The Mk3 and best could be switched to allegiance colour; but I do wonder if multi-coloured list might be somewhat off-putting. Does the allegiance make much of a difference? I personally (when trading) not been that bothered about it to be honest. The illegal goods tend not be listed, as they are sold to black-markets (something which isnt sent to EDDN - I think).

Scott

Scott avatar
Level badge Specoguey (14)
Posted 8 years ago.

Hey what about round trips?... I been in Ra area. Found a traderoute thru here but kinda had to do a bit of head scratching for round trip. Thus make creds both ways. Just a idea

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 8 years ago.

hi there,

well I did think about doing round trips; but to be honest it takes a lot of code to do it properly and I dont know if they are much use;

On the coding side, you have to work out all the deals within a large area. Once that is done then check though them; searching for trade-routes that carry-on from point A to B. Sometimes not the best route (A to B) may offer more profit; because changing point C,+ may lead to better profits later on. So the code shouldnt just pick the highest trade route, but the best overall (which isnt easy to do correctly). Ideally you want the code to complete the loop too, which may result in a poor choice.

Now the other side of things; profit vs time. Going between two points means you can pick-up wares from A and drop them at B, then return (sometimes taking wares back). The whole thing is pretty fast (easy to remember), and youre be making good money. Now add point C, D etc. and you probably find that they lower your overall profit/hour (because youre doing more steps, costing more time, with goods that dont sell as well).

ie. A->B usually you can make around 3,000cr per unit. Sometimes you can get a return good of 200cr too; making around 3,200cr/unit max. So 1,600cr/unit per run. Usually trade-routes dont net more than 1,600 per trip.

Although I guess a trade-route offers the advantage of going somewhere different. Maybe you had different experience?

Scott

Scott avatar
Level badge Specoguey (14)
Posted 8 years ago.

Thanks for replying , i was just thinking a to b no c as it does add more to a route. I been getting 1500 ton of paldium and 800 for progen cells profit. Was just wondering .

NordicusMaximus

NordicusMaximus avatar
Posted 8 years ago.

Great website Roguey! I tell all my Elite Dangerous friends about it.

Would it be possible to update the Rankings for Federation and Empire on the Help/Guides page to reflect the new Rank 11 and 12 ranks?

Thank you!

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 8 years ago.

Great website Roguey! I tell all my Elite Dangerous friends about it.
- NordicusMaximus

Cheers, thanks! Big grin

Would it be possible to update the Rankings for Federation and Empire on the Help/Guides page to reflect the new Rank 11 and 12 ranks?
- NordicusMaximus

Thanks for letting me know, I didnt know they added some more ranks. The ranks page has now been updated.

NordicusMaximus

NordicusMaximus avatar
Posted 8 years ago.

Awesome response time, thanks for the quick site update....Rear Admiral, here I come!
Nod

Smokeeater

Smokeeater avatar
Level badge Tropguey (5)
Posted 8 years ago.

How about a % breakdown on trades? It's good to know I will make XXXcr on each unit but it may be possible to move more items at a cheaper price and get a bigger return on investment. Still new here so I may not have worked out the helper properly.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 8 years ago.

How about a % breakdown on trades? It's good to know I will make XXXcr on each unit but it may be possible to move more items at a cheaper price and get a bigger return on investment. Still new here so I may not have worked out the helper properly.
- Smokeeater

well, having a higher percentage on a good worth less will mean less profit (if you have enough money to cover the buying). Sure you might get better return on investment, but you wont generate any-where near as much profit - something I think is very important in trading. You could still use the Mk1 and Mk2 to work out lesser runs, just that the Mk3 and best are looking for the best runs.

Smokeeater

Smokeeater avatar
Level badge Tropguey (5)
Posted 8 years ago.

Fair call, just that starting out not many people have a lot of money. Although if anybody has an IDKFA cheat code I'm all ears Smile

You need to log-in to post here.