Vulture what do you think

Home Board Index » Elite Dangerous » Vulture what do you think

MajMadMike

MajMadMike avatar
Level badge Fightguey (6)
Posted 7 years ago.

Good evening Gentlemen has anyone used the Vulture in combat. I need to get some pay back on a certain party and I am in the market for a Beefy fighter that does not cost 50 mil and has a chance against big opposition. I have read some good reviews, but any first hand experience would be nice Mike out

Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 7 years ago.

It is straight up beast mode. It is pretty much the ideal fighter, large guns, extremely agile.

It has major power issues though so you will need to assign priority to your modules carefully. I'll log in and grab my fit for you to check out.... or maybe not, right when I need to login the most, I can't.

Ok i think I got it: Vulture: Beast Mode

Doesn't have enough power to deploy everything at once so this one is set to disable the FSD while your guns are out. The prioritys may be off though, seems like I was messing with it or something ingame because I have some stuff disabled for no reason on my ship.

But yeah, it is crazy good for bounty hunting. Two large pulse lasers wreck everything.

Ok I tested this fit and the shield boosters are pointless as it cannot be on while the guns are deployed. Lemme update the fit.

If you have the rep for an Imperial Courier, it is good and very fun to fly as well. Good all-rounder for mission work. Has a buttload of shielding so it can tank quite a bit if needed. I sold mine the other day though as I moved to Achenar from Neto and only kept the Imperial Eagle and the Vulture.

MajMadMike

MajMadMike avatar
Posted 7 years ago.

Many thanks Sixnar I have studied your load out and it looks very comprehensive I will try and copy it it looks like I will have enough cash to kit out the vulture as you suggest. Once again though I have more questions arising from your post you said shield boosters are useless because not enough power to run guns as well, so is it the case that even if you have enough power as in my case 20Mw and only showing 18.5 with every thing deployed, do you have to turn on the shield boosters or so long as you have enough power they are on by default ?? and how do you disable modules i.e FSD during combat. As for imperial rank I have no rank of any kind I am strictly neutral No allies No friends BILLY no mates thats me. I don't do many missions just trading and mining, have managed to get 25mil most of which is tied up in the ship (Asp explorer) as far as combat goes I have become very good at getting away from interdiction I have been blown up 11 times and collected 6 bounties so no Hero thats for sure!! although I did manage to survive a 12 minute triple try interdiction/combat with an Imperial clipper that seemed to be playing with me like a cat with a mouse but I managed to get away anyway thanks again I will post how I get on with the Vulture Mike out

Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 7 years ago.

There is a slight misunderstanding. The Shield Booster is a passive module that fits in the utility slot and gives a bonus to shield amount (removed from the fit linked above). The Shield Cell Banks are the ones that you need a hotkey for and it injects energy into your shield to recover.

I took off the boosters as they were offline anyway. I must have put them on there playing with a loadout and never removed it.

But yeah, you set the priority of the modules then it is all automatic. For example when the guns are deployed the FSD will go offline because the guns are a higher priority than the FSD and there isn't enough juice to run both at once. Of course this may cause issues if you decide to run too late because it takes a few seconds for the FSD to reboot.

Does that make sense?

I recommend using something a bit cheaper to get into combat. The Viper MK III is really good if you want more firepower than an eagle or sidewinder. The Vulture is excellent at taking out large ships like NPC pythons and anacondas but their AI has been improved quite a bit and it is hard to stay in their blind spots, pretty sure they fly with FA off now as I have a very hard time staying out of the line of fire of large ships. With a Viper you can practice this more easily and if you die, it cost a lot less.

Just a word of warning, don't try to fight a Fer-de-Lance in a small fighter. It has some epic firepower and is extremely agile as well. If you can stay behind it you are safe but if they get their guns on you it is all over.

MajMadMike

MajMadMike avatar
Posted 7 years ago.

Cheers Sinxar that makes sense now, I am off to gear up a Vulture and see how we go Mike out

MajMadMike

MajMadMike avatar
Posted 7 years ago.

Looks like I will have to have a rethink on this, if I strip down my Asp to pay for the A rated Vulture the station I am at does not do the A rated modules I would want when I come back for the Asp. So the search is on for a station that does the Vulture and top end modules and weapons Mike out

j0lt

j0lt avatar
Level badge Boneguey (9)
Posted 7 years ago.

This is the build I'm working up to: https://coriolis.io/outfit/vulture/2patfFalcdksjf37l7l0i0n07084a2b272525.Iw19kA==.EwBgjGLlLHq1kA==?bn=Lightning

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 7 years ago.

This is the build I'm working up to: https://coriolis.io/outfit/vulture/2patfFalcdksjf37l7l0i0n07084a2b272525.Iw19kA==.EwBgjGLlLHq1kA==?bn=Lightning
- j0lt

hmmm.. what weapons are you fitting? looked like you were putting a load of multi-cannons? what about something to get the shield down?

j0lt

j0lt avatar
Level badge Boneguey (9)
Posted 7 years ago.

Theoretically the large multis do more than enough damage to chew through the shields. All I have to worry about is ammo, they don't generate much heat.

Gomorragh

Gomorragh avatar
Level badge Stickguey (8)
Posted 7 years ago.

1 pulse and 1 multi should be fine actually, also with engineer modding things should get easier with the vulture the closer to level 5 engineer mods you get, ill post my current build, then a planned rebuild in a minute

https://coriolis.io/outfit/vulture/2patfFalddksif31e1e0m0400-3745272f2i.AwRj4zyA.EwBhEYy6N8g=

actually looking at it then dont need to put a different post on, ill just be swapping out 1 pulse for a multi

Cmdr Gomorragh - Stares at players, just waiting ......
arnack

arnack avatar
Level badge Tropguey (5)
Posted 7 years ago.

Well I bought one. Actually traded my Viper MKIV for it. I screwed up. Viper had more internal space and was much more maneuverable to me. But it did give you large weapon mounts so that was ok. If all you want is a larger gun. But had to remove my mining laser and refinery. I mean you can't go into combat with just one gun. But it must be work in progress, you'd hope :P

j0lt

j0lt avatar
Level badge Boneguey (9)
Posted 7 years ago.

Vulture only does one thing well, it is abysmal at everything else (and even when it's fully kitted out for combat you almost have no spare power for anything). I recently got rid of mine and went back to my Viper Mk 4, it's just so much more versatile.

You need to log-in to post here.