Problems with Roguey

Home Board Index » Elite Dangerous » Problems with Roguey

mx_3_

mx_3_ avatar
Level badge Noguey (0)
Posted 7 years ago.

Here lately I have had major problems with roguey trade and ship searches not being correct.I type in what i'm looking for and go there to find out that roguey is not matching up with what it says.For example I do a lot of imperial slave trading and the prices are not matching up and today I was looking for a cobra mark 4 ,I went to 3 different places that roguey said there would be but nowhere to be found.I never had this problem with Roguey before and i'm wondering what the issue is,I go all the way to these places which takes a lot of time just to be disappointed each time,its very frustrating please fix it.

Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 7 years ago.

Have you checked other sites that use the same data such as eddb.io?

I had this same thing happen when looking for something, and the database was just completely wrong. Not only was the prices incorrect, the commodity in question wasn't sold at all. Wasn't only here though but at eddb.io as well. It makes me think there might be false data being submitted. I use Elite Dangerous Market Connector and when it uploaded the data for that station, it fixed the problem station and ware.

It is just a theory though. Hopefully Roguey can shed some light on this for us.

For the Cobra MK4, are you sure you are entitled to it?

The Cobra Mk IV will be available in the game only to players who joined us in the first year – forever. It’s our ‘thank you’ for your faith in the game.

mx_3_

mx_3_ avatar
Level badge Noguey (0)
Posted 7 years ago.

Well i have had the game for over 2 yrs

Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 7 years ago.

Where are you looking specifically?

mx_3_

mx_3_ avatar
Level badge Noguey (0)
Posted 7 years ago.

LHS 3447 worldide terminal and BD-10 5238 weyn port for the cobra mk4 was the last two places I looked but really I am more concerned about the imperial slave trading because thats how I get most of my credits and I tried multiple times at different places and the prices were way off

mx_3_

mx_3_ avatar
Level badge Noguey (0)
Posted 7 years ago.

I don't have horizons yet but i'm going to get it.Do you think that may be a reason the cobra mk4 isn't showing up for me?

Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 7 years ago.

Not sure what is causing the pricing errors but here is more info about the Cobra MK IV.

I just confirmed the Cobra MKIV is located in LHS 3447: Picture

The Cobra MkIV is available for in-game credits to anyone who has individually purchased both Elite Dangerous and Elite Dangerous: Horizons before the 5th of Feb 2016 on PC. This also includes Lifetime Expansion pass holders. For Xbox One commanders, the ship is available to those who purchased the Horizons season pass before the 30th of July, 2016.

http://elite-dangerous.wikia.com/wiki/Cobra_MkIV

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 7 years ago.

hi there,

well I just spent an hour looking into things; comparing data with EDDB and found something really odd. It turned out that our listener was 3 days behind EDDN. All our new data was correct, but was old. I had no idea it would cue things up like that. The listener has been restarted and some extra code as been put into place to stop this from happening in the future (just in-case it was some kind-of attack on the Elite section). Thanks for letting me. Hopefully that was all it was. If any of you guys could verfity that the new data from now is correct (maybe by submitting to EDDN), that would be great. Sorry for the problems.

[Update] On further investigation I should have the problem fully fixed now. Check the news post for more information.

Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 7 years ago.

Thanks!

I am not a database guy, more of a hardware guy so this might be stupid. Why not just limit it to systems with stations instead of a fixed bubble? Would that be too CPU intense or some other weird thing I don't know about?

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 7 years ago.

Well the site has limited resources, around 4gb worth of space. So spending a 1Gb+ on systems that will probably never be revisited seems wasteful. I can make use of gigabyte somewhere else. Having all these extra systems/objects also makes my code work much harder, as needs to go through 1,000,000's more records to work things out. EDDN transmits a lot of information, so you need to be pretty quick to keep up with it - I also like to keep the site responsive. Maybe other sites have more resources than me. I was talking to the guy from EDDB last night, who said their database was 41Gb!

Personally I cant see that data being used much - I doubt a long-range explorer is looking to trade. Hopefully 1,000ly from Sol and Colonia should pretty much cover everything (I could probably lower the Colonia one, because the systems there are packed pretty close and there isnt much there). If Frontier add another bubble, I could always add it to my code.

You need to log-in to post here.