How do I pick what type of gameplay?

Home Board Index » Elite Dangerous » How do I pick what type of gameplay?

arnack

arnack avatar
Level badge Tropguey (5)
Posted 6 years ago.

Don't get me wrong, I know what I've been doing. And that is to play a "private" session. Because I hate PVP! But one thing I hate about this sim is, whoever the guys are that designed it must complete introverts. Because they don't explain a frickin thing on how to get started...ANYWHERE! I mean you got, "Open Play", "Private Group", "Solo Play", and finally "Arena".
You know it would be nice to be able to say, pass my cursor over a description of gameplay and MAGICALLY be able to understand what th FUCK it means...
Does anyone know other than, you know, the assholes that designed this thing? err am I being rude?

Peace!!! luv yas....ya bastads Smile

Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 6 years ago.

Or you could just read the manual: http://hosting.zaonce.net/elite/website/assets/English-PlayersGuidev1.04-INTERACTIVE.pdf

arnack

arnack avatar
Level badge Tropguey (5)
Posted 6 years ago.

Well, thank you. I did a while back and couldn't find exactly where they hid it. But I went back and read and read and finally found it some 50 some pages later. Thank you. Smile Still I wish the suggestion for cursor infoflash would catch someones eye. :l ...ah well.
Thanx again for the comeback.

Sincerely; Tumal

Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 6 years ago.

What part are you having trouble understanding exactly? I thought it was self-explanatory but I've been playing since the beginning so I don't remember what it is like being a new player.

arnack

arnack avatar
Level badge Tropguey (5)
Posted 6 years ago.

Well, I'm trying to figure out if there's a story to the Solo or any aspect of it. Whether it's Solo or Private. But it really doesn't matter so much, as I was just curious about the difference between the two. I've been playing Private because I was hoping that that would be the better platform to learn on. But what would be the difference to playing solo if there's no difference? Also tried open once but as soon as I got clear of the station, I was set upon by some dick, waiting for noobs like myself. I had just bought a new Cobra III and was not expecting to get trashed as soon as I got out there with it. Don't get me wrong, if this was anything like Star Citizen to design I give GREAT praise to all involved in making it. It's fun, but could use a little tweaking in small spots. Like seeing your fuel diminish while just flying around looking for criminals for bounty. Which still confuses they hell outta me. I mean where do you even start the search for these guys...no clue, man. Or trying to find a lost dude on a planet while trying to get it done before my oxygen runs out. I see the fuel line when traveling from the star to star, but that then that thin line just above it moves really quick. What is that fuel in system or air for the crew? Scary! And I've seen the radarish thing on the dash of my rover, but didn't pick anything up but some minerals. I don't know. I don't mind trying to figure some of this stuff out on my own. But I'm old, and grouchy and when I get frustrated, well. Comes with having to train new truck drivers and never getting any sleep, going from one end of the states to the other. Lol. BUT STILL! I do like this thing Smile Being a space trucker is fun. Smile

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 6 years ago.

Well the 3 main game modes are;

- Solo (play on your own, without anyone else),
- Group (play certain players, I would suggest joining mobius if you want a PvE group),
- Open (play with randoms, which can include PvP),

I generally stick to mobius because I dont like PvP and had a few problems with griefing. Elite doesnt have a story-line, as you are free to do what you want.

Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 6 years ago.

Well, I'm trying to figure out if there's a story to the Solo or any aspect of it. Whether it's Solo or Private. But it really doesn't matter so much, as I was just curious about the difference between the two.
- arnack

The only difference is in solo it is just you, in open, it is pubic multiplayer. There is a mission about scanning some alien ruins (presumably extinct) that can only be completed with another person nearby but other than that it is the same. Even the market is mirrored between solo and open.
As for the story... well I don't want to say there is no story... but... ehhh. There really isn't any type of story. There is something about the increasing activity of the "Thargoids" (the living aliens) but as of yet nothing has come of it.

tried open once but as soon as I got clear of the station, I was set upon by some dick, waiting for noobs like myself. I had just bought a new Cobra III and was not expecting to get trashed as soon as I got out there with it.
- arnack

Yeah people do that in open sometimes. That actually rarely happens outside of the starter system and community goals. I encourage you to play in open more often once you learn the game a bit. You can make all kinds of friends and enemies in open.

Or trying to find a lost dude on a planet while trying to get it done before my oxygen runs out. I see the fuel line when traveling from the star to star, but that then that thin line just above it moves really quick. What is that fuel in system or air for the crew?
- arnack

That is fuel. It is a weird system but the thin line is the fuel currently injected into your drive. Once that depletes it takes one of the blocks under that line and injects it into the drive. I have no idea why they display it like that.

And I've seen the radarish thing on the dash of my rover, but didn't pick anything up but some minerals.
- arnack

Yep, that is about all there is to pick up on the surface of planets. Occasionally you will come across life pods, salvage, crashed beacons and things but minerals are the most common find.

I don't know. I don't mind trying to figure some of this stuff out on my own. But I'm old, and grouchy and when I get frustrated, well. Comes with having to train new truck drivers and never getting any sleep, going from one end of the states to the other. Lol. BUT STILL! I do like this thing Being a space trucker is fun.
- arnack

It's all good. There is a lot to learn and I found the early steps in the game to be the most fun yet most confusing. Don't worry there is a lot of information around to help you out. Youtube is the place to go for tutorials. A lot has changed fairly recently so if you go looking for tutorials make sure they are current. Most from within past year should be valid.

arnack

arnack avatar
Level badge Tropguey (5)
Posted 6 years ago.

Thanks Sinxar, your a big help. Apologize for being too vulgar at the first...I'm OLD lol! That's my excuse. Smile Yeah I've seen some of the youtube stuff. It was out-dated some of it. But it's a good spot to explore. Just got my first military type craft, the Federal Dropship. I've been playing now for almost a year now come July or August. So it is getting better with the larger stuff. I'm finding that an experienced crew member might help if we were allowed to finally get some...maybe later on down the line. Smile

Thanks again dude, big help bro.

arnack

arnack avatar
Level badge Tropguey (5)
Posted 6 years ago.

Oh! also thank you Giggity for the info and tip to Mobius. I'm gonna give that a look too. Smile

You need to log-in to post here.