Can you target a different Star?

Home Board Index » Elite Dangerous » Can you target a different Star?

arnack

arnack avatar
Level badge Tropguey (5)
Posted 6 years ago.

I don't really know how ridiculous this is, but is there any way we can target a particular stellar mass for a destination jump? And if not, why the frickin hell not? After all if you have the info on the system your jumping to...
And if you can't and you have to go to a frickin station 489,746.56 Ls away, is there any way to rev up the time scale?????????!

Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 6 years ago.

If it is in system, no. As for speed, also no, just set throttle 100%... If you find 500k LS bad, don't go to Hutton Orbital.

arnack

arnack avatar
Level badge Tropguey (5)
Posted 6 years ago.

ok Banana winner

Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 6 years ago.

Don't worry you aren't alone. I think it is stupid we can't jump to those distant stars in system or at least pick which one we want to jump to. I think it is a lore thing where your drive locks on to the most massive star in the system but i'm pretty sure this isn't always the case. Take for example Maia, there is a massive blackhole there yet you jump in at a small star.

arnack

arnack avatar
Level badge Tropguey (5)
Posted 6 years ago.

Yeah I thought the thing was, we could experience the known galaxy in all it's physical possibilities.
Hey are you using an autodock device? Because if you are, does your vehicle shake like it's jonesing for a fix when it goes to dock????

Onward and Upward! : Commander Tumal

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 6 years ago.

I never really thought about multi-able entry points; but it make sense. At the moment you can only jump to the main star.

Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 6 years ago.

Yeah I thought the thing was, we could experience the known galaxy in all it's physical possibilities.
Hey are you using an autodock device? Because if you are, does your vehicle shake like it's jonesing for a fix when it goes to dock????

Onward and Upward! : Commander Tumal
- arnack

Yeah especially when docking on a planet. This was fixed a while ago but the bug came back.

arnack

arnack avatar
Level badge Tropguey (5)
Posted 6 years ago.

Ya know, I thought I saw a post on youtube where you could increase the timescale thing. But you might have to do some thing with code or something...I don't know.

You need to log-in to post here.