Brand new Cmdr; hyped asf. Open to advice but no s

Home Board Index » Elite Dangerous » Brand new Cmdr; hyped asf. Open to advice but no s

czhong

czhong avatar
Level badge Rookiguey (4)
Posted 1 year ago.

Firstly, greetings to you all. Seems like a nice friendly sub, so I'm pleased to be here.

Secondly, holy shit this game is amazing so far (~6 hours in!). Can't believe I've slept on this for so long.

Thirdly, where the hell is Bruce Campbell - I strongly feel like he should be around here somewhere?!

Seriously though, Tachyon the Fringe was my favourite game as a kid, and I'm absolutely loving the look and feel of ED so far - scratches the same kind of itch but 1000x bigger lol.

Now watch my 6 hours turn into 6000.

Apart from 'don't fly without rebuy', anything else critical I should know before I continue? Looking for vague pointers or very general advice only, no mad spoilers please.

Thanks in advance.

Bazr

Bazr avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 1 year ago.

yep it is a good game!
No expert by any means but have played for a while.

For me there does not seem to be anything critical to know if common sense prevails.

I find that the game just has to be played with long term in view..viz. do not be too greedy as all things eventually arrive.

When in the black and a heap of data etc is accumulated think of what will be lost if the shtf, meaning a good move would be to carefully head back and collect before you kick the shit out of the monitor when you lose it all.

Chipping away at everything without trying to get there too fast works for me.

Having said that, i had a big jump forward in the game when I started playing with a group...there are plenty to choose from...being from down under I joined an aussie/kiwi group and found another aspect of the game which included some quick gains together with heaps of fun. They include group missions to say guardian sites for example so collecting important additions are easier and safer.
Cash build up is quicker in a group I found but probably only necessary in the early stages or when you need if for a project eg a carrier maybe.

Personal projects can still be completed just by playing solo at any time if you want.

Hope you get many hours of enjoyment

all the best.

ps. if there are any specific questions please ask and I am sure you will get an answer from more informed guys on the forum

SKYDOG1

SKYDOG1 avatar
Level badge Markoguey (10)
Posted 1 year ago.

[quote=Bazr]yep it is a good game!
No expert by any means but have played for a while.Sage advice Baz! I ain't dead yet! ;o)

You need to log-in to post here.