Noob Question: How do you Travel?

Home Board Index » Elite Dangerous » Noob Question: How do you Travel?

prantsaga

prantsaga avatar
Level badge Noguey (0)
Posted 1 year ago.

By my title I meant it as in I just recently acquired around 60-70mil so I bought a Python replacing my Large ship Type 7(with 27-29ly travel) But the Python I just acquired only can travel up to 16 ly. I was massively disappointed when it was advertised as a medium ship with multipurpose that is fast.

So I was thinking to sell the Python and get a Fer-de-lance instead to do some bounty just to find out it probably can travel only below 10ly if you fully outkit it [/url] .

(Mind you all these are numbers without engineering cause Im planning to only do them later).

So back to the question, how tf people travel with these horrendous ly travel? Imagine travelling to 100ly away, that's at least 8-9 jumps. Compared to my lower budget Type 7 Ship it will take only 5 jumps.

Would love to get some insight off the pros. Do you guys just jump with other ship and then go to a station and transfer it?

Bazr

Bazr avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 1 year ago.

there is the neutron hwy ! ....that helps with long distances
and yes I used to jump with my best jump ship before I got a carrier....but early game the cost for transfer can be expensive with a low budget.

Working towards engineering when possible is a good plan

ps. i am definately not a pro lol

Somniator

Somniator avatar
Level badge Tropguey (5)
Posted 11 months ago.

Currently I'm using a Federal Corvette, and fully laden can jump just over 11 ly. I took a delivery mission recently for 200 tons of stuff. The destination was over 200 ly away. I stopped counting the jumps at 25. Needless to say, it wasn't exactly uneventful. Attempted interdiction, refuelling, etc. By the time I arrived at the destination planet I was so tired I just did the delivery and then closed down.

Returning to my 'home' planet wasn't so bad. I took lots of missions over shorter distances leading me gradually back home. I made a mental note to be more selective who I agreed to carry cargo for - and how far!!

You need to log-in to post here.