Turreted weapons on anaconda

Home Board Index » Elite Dangerous » Turreted weapons on anaconda

kevanjosh

kevanjosh avatar
Level badge Rookiguey (4)
Posted 9 months ago.

Before anyone says anything, I know how bad turreted weapons can be, but I've always wanted my anaconda to be a kind of mothership, the type you see in movies that just waltzes throught the battlefield and attacks everything in its path. That in mind, what turreted weapons should I fit to my anaconda 10.0.0.0.1 192.168.1.254? I have everything A-rated (d for life support and sensors). I unfortunately have very little engineering as well, so the weapons should be without engineering if possible!

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 9 months ago.

hi there,

I dont think turreted are that bad, just they are roughtly half the damage of gimbaled and feels like you lose control of whats going on. You tend to want a mix of pulse/multi-cannons too - pulse for shields, multi for hull damage; which turreted weapons dont understand, so they tend to eat up your weapon energy firing madly at everything.

Fixed weapons are the most powerful, but you tend to miss more than you hit. This makes gimbal tend to be the best (less damage but hit way more often).

Its kind-of sad that Elite has so many weapon choices, but there is really one best general combo. Sure there are other weapons for special cases/pvp but for most cases you cant beat pulse/multi.

You need to log-in to post here.