Mobile roguey

Home Board Index » Chit-chat » Mobile roguey

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 12 years ago.

Hi, ive just got my phone on the internet and im noticing that the current format is rather big for mobile phones. So im wondering if anyone would like to see a new format/style for mobiles - so its much easier to read on them.

PuppyOfWar

PuppyOfWar avatar
Level badge Miltaguey (15)
Posted 12 years ago.

Omg I still don't even download ring tones. When my cell phone rings in a group of people, mine is the one that sounds like a phone.

So no, I can't say I'd use a mobile version, I'd just as soon be at home with my main rig for stuff like gaming and forums and such. I mean think about it, if you want to use this site on a phone, you can't use the arcade games, and if you want to post on the forum, you have to use the phone's keyboard to text it. I can't see the use. Even if I'm referring to your charts for something, that would probably mean I'm at my main rig to play the game. Why would I need to look something up when I'm out somewhere?

It's not that there's no use in being able to visit the site to kill time when out on a bus somewhere or a waiting room somewhere, but I'm not sure its worth your effort for that very occasional use. I certainly wouldn't do anything affecting the format for browsers just to accomodate phones, which aren't likely to be very useful for most of this site.

cjm3fl

cjm3fl avatar
Level badge Instruguey (13)
Posted 12 years ago.

It sounds like a great idea.
I'm not one that would use it though.

I'm like Puppy..my phone ring-tone is the one that came with it when I bought it.
(but for some reason it plays a funeral dirge when work calls me).

I have a shiny new nickle in my pocket that says I'm the least tech-savvy person on this site.

I would never visit here, or any site, on a mobile device. I have never checked e-mail on a mobile device.
But I know plenty of gamers that do stay connected to their game-sites mobily.

I'm going to vote "yes"--it is a good idea, even if I won't find a use for it.

It's not what someone has done..it's about what they are about to do!
cjm3fl

cjm3fl avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

I have a shiny new nickle in my pocket that says I'm the least tech-savvy person on this site.

- cjm3fl

***OK...why can't I place a vote?
Obviously I'm going something wrong.
I hit the polling-bar, hit the "post your vote"..and nothing happens/registers.

It's not what someone has done..it's about what they are about to do!
Kirlack

Kirlack avatar
Level badge Specoguey (14)
Posted 12 years ago.

Mobile internet is part and parcel of the world and times we live in. I prefer my mobile internet to consist of a laptop with USB net stick though :p

I think it's a good idea to make a lite version for mobile browsing Roguey, but like Puppy and cjm, I won't be using it.

Madder than a Bastard on fathers day.
My DiDs: Peace(s) of Eight - Way of the Gun - Status: Online, A Xenon DiD
Seygantte

Seygantte avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

I agree with the general consensus. There's nothing bad about the idea other than I have no need for it.

Also, like cjm3fl, my vote isn't being registered.

ಠ_ರೃ My monocle and I disapprove ♋
PuppyOfWar

PuppyOfWar avatar
Level badge Miltaguey (15)
Posted 12 years ago.

Remember the vote is about whether we would use it, not whether we think its a good idea in principle or whether we like Roguey's site.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

I guess (atm) its not worth creating a mobile version (unless its really easy to do).

as for the voting, you guys having problems voting? is your flash up-to-date and what browser are you using?

Kirlack

Kirlack avatar
Level badge Specoguey (14)
Posted 12 years ago.

I voted, no problems with flash or browser issues here.

Madder than a Bastard on fathers day.
My DiDs: Peace(s) of Eight - Way of the Gun - Status: Online, A Xenon DiD
Seygantte

Seygantte avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

My vote seems to show up now. Maybe it just takes some time to update?

ಠ_ರೃ My monocle and I disapprove ♋
Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

My vote seems to show up now. Maybe it just takes some time to update?
- Seygantte

Well the flash loads in a xml file, however your browser may cache the file. This may look like your vote doesnt count... but will update when your browser loads in the newer xml.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

btw one yes vote was me, as I was testing to make sure whether the voting worked, after you guy said it didnt update.

You need to log-in to post here.