Personal Update

Home Board Index » Chit-chat » Personal Update

cjm3fl

cjm3fl avatar
Level badge Instruguey (13)
Posted 12 years ago.

I was off this site for about a month a little while ago.
This was due to some major back problems I was suffering through recently that had gotten much worse.

Monday I went in for surgery. Had two lower discs removed and separate fusions installed.
Easiest way to explain...hold up 3 fingers up from one hand, sideways.
The middle finger represents the L3 disc.
I had this one removed 15 years ago. Just a simple and easy disc removal.

Of the 2 remaining fingers, the upper one was herniated and the lower one was compressed.
Both were removed Monday and separate fusion hardware were installed.

Since the work was so well done 15 years ago, this surgeon saw no reason to fuse all three areas together..which would have reduced my ability to bend properly.
The 2 separate fusions will leave me flexible and able to return to my job...after a lengthy recovery time.

I am presently quite heavily medicated and will be for several weeks.
So if you see a post or reply of mine that drifts or makes little sense...sorry, but it's the drugs.

If I go MIA again, this will be the reason.

Just a heads up on this and any future posts/replies that don't make much sense.

It's not what someone has done..it's about what they are about to do!
Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 12 years ago.

wow m8, sorry to hear. All my best wishes, I guess with bones/discs its gonna take some time to stop hurting? I guess in time your be able to do most things?

I completely understand if you have any posting problems. Your account wont disappear or anything, and will remain as long as the site is going.

cjm3fl

cjm3fl avatar
Level badge Instruguey (13)
Posted 12 years ago.

Thanks Roguey for the wishes.
This time the pain is a little more then the operation from 15 years ago, but more work was done this time.
The Doc says I can't return to work for 3 months (been out for 4 weeks already re-op)...I'm hoping for 2.5 months but we'll see. Not going back until I can handle it.

Right now my problem is that standing, laying down, or sitting for too long is difficult. Moving from one of these positions to another is more difficult.

As for my posting problems...if I start to drift in my replies, try to bring my back to a focused point. The meds I'm on now are pretty good but keeping a single thought going isn't a benefits while on them.
Also, if I originate a post it might take some time to get back to it and check for replies.

I'm looking into setting up so I can hook my gaming system up to my living room TV.
One of my sofas is set up for my main recovery lounge. I'm sure there is some additional benefit to having a 47 inch HD screen Wink

It's not what someone has done..it's about what they are about to do!
Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 12 years ago.

hopefully your recovery time is the lower of the numbers!

as for the pc to tv, there's not much to it. If its a modern tv you will need a HDMI cable, or DVI to HDMI. Either one of these will give you a picture much like you get on a monitor. If its a older TV then you can link up your tv with a VGA cable. Sometimes VGA cables dont give you great pictures (the colours get clipped or over-bright).

You need to log-in to post here.